• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm against 3rd/5th set breakers but witnessing the abominations Isner, Karlovic etc. are always involved in, I wouldn't be opposed to a super breaker being instituted at a certain point in final sets. Maybe around 12-12 or so to prevent these bores from being stretched out any more than they have to.

Nadal and Nole must be having a great time in the locker room watching this crap.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I can cheer for the American team for Fed Cup and Davis Cup. That's atleast a team. But on the WTA and ATP tours, country of origin don't matter.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal have decided to concede the title so this match will end.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On bright side Nadal and Djokovic could probably play their SF back to back with the final and still win.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I feel like this is a soccer match because I could probably step away for an hour and come back and probably nothing has happened.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
C3RhVyi.png

PedroPanache

Oct 28, 2017
At this point, it almost seems as if both players have settled into a rhythm where they've got just enough in the tank to win their service games, and that's basically it. They've got so little left to give, that this routine they've now settled into is self-defeating for them, and for us. A Pyrrhic victory that will ultimately set up a very straight-forward 3 setter for Nadal or Djokovic come Sunday.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
The idea of cheering for someone on the basis of their nationality in individual sports is a hilarious notion to me.

Outside of International events, I don't see the reason why it would take precedence over playing style, personality etc.
I understand it to a certain extent as they, from time to time, still represent your country and it's nice to see them do well. Sports fans are so used to cheering for their countrymen it comes naturally to many too even if it's not entirely logical.

Having said that I do think there is a line. I support Murray in tennis largely because he is a Brit although I do like his off court personality too. On the other hand I cannot stand Hamilton in F1 and would much prefer Vettel win over the whiny baby. I'm not sure I could support a vocal Trump supporter if I was American.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I glanced at this thread. Was rooting for an American in the finals, but now I know he's a Trump monkey.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Isner is the guy who once won a match 70-68 in the final set, or something ridiculous, also at Wimbledon.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's go Kevin

John, ew

Does anyone follow Ben Rothernburg on Twotter? Tennis journo, 70 percent of whom's tweets are complaints about five sets

PedroPanache

Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations gentlemen, you've been on court long enough that we've now upgraded your semi-final to the actual final. We've sent Nadal and Djokovic home, you can go at this until, at the very least, Sunday evening.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I say keep the final on Sunday but make it Nadal-Djoker just because and Anderson-Isner can be for third place

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At first when it actually went to the 5th set there was a bit of "lulz", but now this is just stupid.

Oct 27, 2017
My new rule proposal: When a match hits the six hour mark, after each service game each player gets to slap or punch the opponent. A player can either choose to open palm slap the opponent in the face or put on a boxing glove and strike him anywhere in the torso/arms/quads.

Alternatively, they can just throw on some white armor and settle it by joust.