• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
l22ws6ceawh31.jpg

latest

latest

I just love everything about the design from the bulkier armor to the blue visor helmet. They really sell that they're the more advanced soldiers.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The ARC trooper design is pretty great too but I love pretty much all the clone troopers.

Though, one thing that has really bothered me about the newer movies is how each one has had some new trooper and TIE fighter. I get SW has been about toys from the start but these new ones feel much more blatant about it. Some of the designs feel completely useless like Shoretroopers, Mudtroopers, the TIE Striker, and TIE Brute.

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
I've always loved the underrated Clone Flame Trooper design, it deserves a proper 6" Black Series figure.

images

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching the Clone Wars show for the first time a few years back and being pleasantly surprised that Delta squad had a little cameo appearance.

Glad they're being added in Battlefront 2 as well.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not my favorite design, but best trooper is still probably Captain Rex.
379816552ea5e8e06caa52dce77a2387678a0ea6_hq.jpg

Though I admit, I still have a stupid soft spot for the Crimson Empire Royal Guards.
swce3_fc.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Rogue One Tank Troopers are pretty damn cool in design.
59245119568e2de93e27d3a5d1205578.jpg

And I remember these guys from Force Unleashed 2, the unconventional helment and overall design is badass:

Wish there was a high res picture of this one, its fat better as a Riot Trooper than the ones in TFA.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Making them all clones is a seriously dumb idea, so no, the troopers in the OT who were just space Wehrmacht with super iconic armor who couldn't aim right were the fucking best.
Way better than any of the "what if instead of coming up with an original design we tweak a tiny bit of that awesome design they made in 1977" variety, which is all I see in this thread.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Making them all clones is a seriously dumb idea, so no, the troopers in the OT who were just space Wehrmacht with super iconic armor who couldn't aim right were the fucking best.
Way better than any of the "what if instead of coming up with an original design we tweak a tiny bit of that awesome design they made in 1977" variety, which is all I see in this thread.
You know... you're right.

You can't beat the original Stormtrooper design. Everything since is just modulation of that original design, which was so simple and effective.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rex is the coolest Clone Trooper.

Fought during the Clone Wars alongside Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka, survived to see the Republic die, joined the rebellion against the Empire and even fought at the Battle of Endor.

Hopefully he died peacefully soon after, surrounded by friends and knowing his job was done.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Commander Wolffe always had my fave unique design, but the Commandos have the best armor. RIP Sev.

latest

Oct 25, 2017
I swear if one if y'all post that Solo abomination, we will fight.

Mane we really got good designs for ships and troopers out of Rogue 1, the only ones out of the Disney era.