• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Starfield Series X

ea1bf372-2299-4a4b-88ec-e9e99bb29be3.png

1cdda9a8-a73c-42e3-949e-63a6e0530837.png

b448b995-3929-4f60-bf1d-c5019f846baa.png

OP
OP
egg

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Very relevant to what we do but abload.de is shutting down and everything it hosted will be deleted.
As some of you know, the site Abload (which allowed users to upload images for free since 2006) was no longer allowing uploading after December 2023 due to financial issues. Today, a blog update on the site was released which stated that the site and its services will no longer be usable by the end of June of 2024.

Blog: Abload geht offline / Abload goes offline - abload.de

Bei Abload.de kostenlos Bilder hosten und in Foren, ebay oder anderen Auktionsplattformen usw. nutzen. Die Benutzeroberfläche ermöglicht einfaches bearbeiten deiner Bilder!

The blog post recommends usage of another image-uploading site, Directupload, but does anyone have additional suggestions? I use ImgBB for most images after December 2023.

If you used Abload at any point, I would advise finding a way to download your old images (Abload still offers this service at the moment) or get the images uploaded to another site. Do note that not even the Wayback Machine can preserve Abload images at this point.

Would probably be a good time to track down any screenshots from era or the previous site if you don't want to lose them forever and posted them using abload.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Would probably be a good time to track down any screenshots from era or the previous site if you don't want to lose them forever and posted them using abload.
I store all my screenshots locally since Flikr became paid sub only. It's ~130GB since around late 2015 so even with shots becoming heavier due to 4K and HDR it's not really a problem to store them.
All free upload services are eventually either closing or becoming paid only while simultaneously deleting your previous images.