• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
1525431536264-thecouncil-02.jpg

Episode two of The Council, a narrative adventure game that redefines the genre with RPG mechanics and consequences for every choice, will release on May 17th. Hide and Seek continues the story of Louis de Richet as he deals with the dramatic results of his actions in episode one, released to press and player acclaim earlier this year.

He must continue his investigation into the disappearance of his mother, Sarah, while dealing with the newly-arrived Spanish head of state, the finally-revealed Lord Mortimer, and the quickly-forming factions on the island.

In the first screenshots for episode two, get a glimpse of brand new areas of the mansion to explore, along with new characters who bring dire news and shocking revelations to the island. Who will you side with? Who can you trust? And how will you find Sarah de Richet? The choices are yours in The Council episode two, Hide and Seek.

1525431660248-thecouncil-03-copie.jpg

Hide and Seek releases on May 17 on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Steam. Complete Season owners on Steam and Season Pass owners on consoles will receive a two-day headstart, with all of episode two being playable from May 15, as well as providing access to all future episodes. Episode one, The Mad Ones, is required to run episode two.

The Council is a narrative adventure game that seduced players and journalists alike with a deep and captivating story featuring intricate characters and smart writing. The innovative concept brings the Narrative Adventure genre beyond its boundaries and allows for meaningful choices with impactful consequences.

The Council episode two, Hide and Seek, releases May 17th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The complete season will include a total of five episodes, with new episodes releasing regularly in 2018.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6434/announcing-the-council-episode-2-hide-and-seek

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Need to replay the ending so I can get a better ending than the one I got the second time around (was hunting for trophies and lost access to my first save file).

The gameplay is interesting and I like how it turns dialogue choices into a battle of wits. Hopefully some of the writing has improved. Wasn't a big fan by how on the nose most of it was, and how sometimes it wasn't very good.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it. The first episode had its fair share of flaws and I expect at least some of them to still be there in the second (and probably all the way till the end) but I still had a good time with it and am curious to see how the story continues.