• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

I love this, hope we get this guy before and after each story.

There's also a developer interview.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking loved Until Dawn. So excited for this and hope it's just as good.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
that multiplayer Movie Night mode sounds like such a game changer, I literally cannot wait to play this

OP
OP
MilesQ

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
that multiplayer Movie Night mode sounds like such a game changer, I literally cannot wait to play this

Some more info about the mode. It sounds really cool!!

Multiplayer isn't limited to movie night mode either, there's a Shared story mode too.

In Shared Story you'll play online with a friend, making choices that affect both of you. We really hope you enjoy the intensity of experiencing the story with a friend… and that you are still friends after!

Last edited:

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Heard there's supposed to be a new game every 6 months? Is that right? That sounds like a cool idea but I hope they don't end up crunching or letting the quality slide in order to hit the deadlines.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Man it seems like this has been in development for A Minute.

It's not the same scope, but it's good.

That sounds like it's for the best, because Until Dawn was A Little Much in terms of throwing a bunch of different Spooky Locations together in a way that felt kind of goofy if you thought about it for longer than two minutes.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Heard there's supposed to be a new game every 6 months? Is that right? That sounds like a cool idea but I hope they don't end up crunching or letting the quality slide in order to hit the deadlines.

Where did you see this?

It's a great idea especially since the game is likely to be a bit shorter in length compared to Until Dawn

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Where did you see this?

It's a great idea especially since the game is likely to be a bit shorter in length compared to Until Dawn

From Wikipedia

"The Dark Pictures was proposed as an anthology series. Supermassive stated that they would release a new game every 6 months in the anthology, and each title represents a horror trope and features a unique story that has no connection with other entries in the series."

OP
OP
MilesQ

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Where did you see this?

It may not be out yet, but developer Supermassive Games has big plans for their The Dark Pictures Anthology series, with the first game Man of Medan launching on August 30th. Today it was revealed that the studio is hoping to create 8 titles in The Dark Pictures Anthology series, with plans to launch 2 per year and 6 months apart. Each game in the series is planned to have their own horror genre, with the Curator being the only thing that links them together.

It's a good plan, I hope they can pull it off.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Haven't really been hearing a lot about this game which is such as shame but I think it deserves wayyy more attention with what it's trying to do.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for this. Cant tell you how many playthroughs my wife and I have played Until Dawn together. Plan to do the same with this game.

GreySquirrel

Oct 27, 2017
Loved Until Dawn. Going into this completely blind aside from knowing it's a self contained smaller anthology thing

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just recently found out about this, don't know a lot about it except for Supermassive (didn't play Until Dawn but liked its style), that it's more horror, has a relatively low price, and sounds like it's part of a planned anthology.

I like low prices, they're cheaper. And for a game that looks the way this does, it implies a shorter game, which also sounds good to me. And they call it an anthology. I like anthologies. In game form they tend to be short stories branching out from a certain connecting theme, and various parts of the anthology don't necessarily need to be cohesive, more open to experimentation. So just seems inherently more interesting to me.

I'll wait for reviews though, seems like the polite thing to do.
I think that is the plan, he's the Anthology host, think of him as being similar to The Crypt Keeper in Tales from the Crypt for example.
Yes. This is good. I am into this.

Deleted member 45468

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I didn't realize the price for this is pretty cheap ($25 Amazon). I bought a copy for my brother because he loves Until Dawn and Hidden Agenda which this game seems to be a mix of the two.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Just realized it was realized it's released this week, wife will be out of town all weekend and now I have three games to choose from this, Control and Astral Chain.

Any idea of the length? I figuring a 3-4 hours, with lots of replay-ability, sounds like a fun alone in the house night game..

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, can't wait. Preload supposed to start sometime today

My wife and I will likely play through it Saturday Night if it's 3-4 hours. If it's a bit longer we'll finish it up Monday evening.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Brother got me this as a steam gift, loved until dawn so looking forward to this. Control and this in one week, what a treat!

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Any news on review embargo? Picking it up regardless. Until Dawn is such a perfect social game with non-gamers. I live across country from my brother and best friend these days, so excited to co-op stream the game with my brother to my best friend who loves to watch horror games. And make my husband watch it all lol

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
I'll be curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this game once it's launched. I've had a go and I still love Until Dawn more.

Review embargo is August 28.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'll be curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this game once it's launched. I've had a go and I still love Until Dawn more.

Review embargo is August 28.
Aw shame, though I'm hopeful the movie night experience adds to the fun.
(And not that my wife invariably bottles all the QTEs, kills her characters and ends up hating the game)

Feb 10, 2018
Looks good,

I think Sony would be better off buying super massive games (the dev of this game + until dawn) then remedy.