• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Trump has been scared and increasingly more scared every day since he won and set foot in the oval office and was forced to confront the truth that his distorted view of what it means to be a president is not the reality. He is not a king, not a dicator and certainly, he is not a CEO of America. He has a good deal of power at his disposal, but it is not absolute. Which means alot of his sordid financial history is going to be sifted through and some of that dirt is coming to light and it very well means jail time. All because of his own stupid ego. Had he just been a rich white man heckler like was throughout the entire Obama presidency he would have likely died with none of this shit ever being dug up.

This x1000

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
images

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dems aren't taking "Congress". They're taking the House.

I wish they got both, but yeah, they didn't.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You need two thirds of the House to move forward with impeachment

More damage is going to be done by simply have House investigations not get stonewalled by traitors Republicans

I agree... And thankfully, she does as well.

She has publicly stated that she will not move forward with any impeachment hearings unless she has the support of the GOP, particularly in the Senate.

She's too smart to potentially kill the momentum with a DOA impeachment process.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
You need two thirds of the House to move forward with impeachment

More damage is going to be done by simply have House investigations not get stonewalled by traitors Republicans

It's a simple majority in the House to impeach, which just allows the Senate to do an impeachment trial and doesn't remove anyone from office. Convicting Trump in the Senate and removing him from office takes 2/3rds of the Senate.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
The more Trump hates Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the more I love her. And he probably really hates her, because, well, you know, strong intelligent woman, democrat, and in Trump's racist eyes, she is pretty much a Mexican.

Hopefully the stress of the next 2 years will finish Trump off. You never know.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Dems might try to project too much power and responsibility before jumping headfirst into budget gridlock. You have the house but not the Senate, Presidency, courts or media. "We'll get this done" will quickly turn into "why the fuck have you got nothing done." Just remember, decorum will work against you and the other side isn't playing the game you used to play. Good luck.

TheRagnCajun

Oct 29, 2017
I agree... And thankfully, she does as well.

She has publicly stated that she will not move forward with any impeachment hearings unless she has the support of the GOP, particularly in the Senate.

She's too smart to potentially kill the momentum with a DOA impeachment process.

I don't know if I agree.

I think the smart thing to do is investigate, indict, and start impeachment. If the Senate won't convict then its on their heads and its more transparent to let it play out that way. Hesitation and trying to garner GOP support will only backfire on the democrats. The GOP will talk from both sides of their mouth - they will drag their feet yet claim the democrats failed to do anything. I think it will be hard for people to discern why no one is doing anything about Trump now that Democrats control congress.

Borgnine

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be careful here. We all know Dems love to get down and winning only increases their horny. Let's try to keep the sex scandals under wraps until at least 2021.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I agree.

I think the smart thing to do is investigate, indict, and start impeachment. If the Senate won't convict then its on their heads and its more transparent to let it play out that way. Hesitation and trying to garner GOP support will only backfire on the democrats. The GOP will talk from both sides of their mouth - they will drag their feet yet claim the democrats failed to do anything. I think it will be hard for people to discern why no one is doing anything about Trump now that Democrats control congress.

Because Democrats don't control Congress...

They control 1/2 of Congress, which means they control 1/2 of 1/3 of the government.

Last edited:

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I agree.

Democrats need 2/3 of the Senate. So you *have* to get Republican support or it fails (see: Bill Clinton... Also see: What happened to the GOP after their failed attempt to impeach).

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great! Now I hope they get to work and start putting in legislation to fix all this crap!

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So what happens now?

Actual oversight. Hearings, subpoenas, investigations...

Basically, Pelosi's plan is to allow the copious amount of negative press that is going to come Donald's way to sink him. Along with Mueller's eventual report, she's going to put pressure on the GOP: Are you going to support this man after all he's been found guilty of?

It's the right strategy. It took the GOP years to turn on Nixon... But they did. And so will this GOP, when it is politically expedient to do so.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I've seen it... And I agree- To a point.

His party lost 40 seats. The economy might be on the verge of a serious downturn. The Mueller report isn't out yet, and the new House hasn't begun the numerous investigations they're going to conduct...

If Republican voters support continues to wane, eventually the GOP will cut their losses. There would be no reason to stick with him.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

His party lost 40 seats. The economy might be on the verge of a serious downturn. The Mueller report isn't out yet, and the new House hasn't begun the numerous investigations they're going to conduct...

If Republican voters support continues to wane, eventually the GOP will cut their losses. There would be no reason to stick with him.
Yeah, this is how I feel as well. There is a tipping point where the GOP will eventually turn on Trump especially if public opinion no Trump continues to turn sour.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Let's be careful here. We all know Dems love to get down and winning only increases their horny. Let's try to keep the sex scandals under wraps until at least 2021.

Yeah, Republican presidents don't typically have sex scandals. Especially not the current one.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

People don't quite understand that this isn't just a Nixon situation, it's a Nixon x Carter situation.

Nixon was not a weak President. Carter very much was.