DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure how I feel about the Chem launcher, at least not the flame variant. Enemies move as soon as I shoot the canister before I can even light it on fire.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Vanilla PS4 here. Looks and been playing great. Really enjoying it thus far. I only had one glitch where i was stuck in a doorway. I had to fast travel to get out of it. But other than that, everything has been fine.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Am I losing it or does the world feel more dead than the first game? Long time since I played the original, but there seemed to be more civvies and folk who would talk to you or be having their own dramas going on just hanging around in the world.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Did the first mission and we killed the boss but there was one other enemy that was glitched under the map and we couldn't complete the mission because of it so I just logged out haha. Texture pop-in on PS4 seems a little improved over the private beta where it was really extreme, but it's definitely still there. Gonna play more tonight for sure though.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Not sure how I feel about the Chem launcher, at least not the flame variant. Enemies move as soon as I shoot the canister before I can even light it on fire.
Works better in a team where another fires after you launch it. Does work against enemies who are firing themselves I think. But yeah, when solo takes too long to put away and get your weapon out.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Tried it again and yeah totally not for me. Had zero interest in Anthem, played the demo and knew with in mins I liked it. Liked Divison 1 but grew tired of it after finishing it, since then I've grown tired of the modern warfare genre and this does nothing to bring me back. Best thing I can say is it only crashed on me twice and guys aren't as spongy as D1.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any reason to play this if I finished all the content in the private beta?

Edit: Nvm, OP was updated. Guess I'll check it out.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Just played about an hour - almost flawless except for some of the texture pop-in (XBX X). I really like how detailed the world is and I don't seem to get tired of looting backpacks and boxes. Will def play some more, having fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I feel very conflicted man. Even more now that I'm playing the Beta. I'm having a blast with Anthem's gameplay and sci-fi setting/moves. But the game has less content. With the Division 2, I have more content but the gameplay doesn't feel quite as fun. Mind you I played countless hours of Division 1 when it came out.

So it's a balancing game for me lol. One game has the speed and flying around and spectacle, the other is way more grounded but has lots of content and variety.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tried it again and yeah totally not for me. Had zero interest in Anthem, played the demo and knew with in mins I liked it. Liked Divison 1 but grew tired of it after finishing it, since then I've grown tired of the modern warfare genre and this does nothing to bring me back. Best thing I can say is it only crashed on me twice and guys aren't as spongy as D1.

I feel like you keep posting about how much you dislike it in hopes that people will respond. It's okay if you don't like it, enjoy Anthem!

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel very conflicted man. Even more now that I'm playing the Beta. I'm having a blast with Anthem's gameplay and sci-fi setting/moves. But the game has less content. With the Division 2, I have more content but the gameplay doesn't feel quite as fun. Mind you I played countless hours of Division 1 when it came out.

So it's a balancing game for me lol. One game has the speed and flying around and spectacle, the other is way more grounded but has lots of content and variety.

Anthem definitely has the wow factor, especially the first hour or so. But it's obvious that game is going to be under construction for quite some time. They have to fix the foundation of the game before they can even add actual content.

Division 2 has a solid foundation with content right out the gate and they'll be able to add content more frequently.

End of the day it depends on your level of tolerance with Anthem. It's clear they don't have a clear goal ahead of them and just flinging whatever possible against the wall and seeing what sticks with the community.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Am I losing it or does the world feel more dead than the first game? Long time since I played the original, but there seemed to be more civvies and folk who would talk to you or be having their own dramas going on just hanging around in the world.

Oh yeah! Never even dawned on me that there don't seem to be any civilians in the game who aren't fighting.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
It's very noticeable, I ran up to a tree and it must have taken 3 seconds for the branches and leaves to change from a super low res texture into a high LOD model.
In one case I had an entire wall texture fail to load.
A mess, shame really, love a lot about the game but the texture problem is just too annoying.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
Damn still stuck at work. Can't wait to get back into the world.

This feels even more like The Purge than the first one. The game world seems more cluttered and less cut and paste. Can't praise the atmospheric music, get those creepy vibes when it's pitch black and you can hear the gunshots go off in the background.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Anthem definitely has the wow factor, especially the first hour or so. But it's obvious that game is going to be under construction for quite some time. They have to fix the foundation of the game before they can even add actual content.

Division 2 has a solid foundation with content right out the gate and they'll be able to add content more frequently.

End of the day it depends on your level of tolerance with Anthem. It's clear they don't have a clear goal ahead of them and just flinging whatever possible against the wall and seeing what sticks with the community.
It's not the first time I go through this cycle, as a GaaS player over the years I've come to expect things to be rocky at the start and then develop into something better. I remember the days of Division 1 when people would complain about the game's lack of content, or the crappy loot drops. It wasn't until 1.8 that the game turned ship and by then a lot of people had left.
So when it comes to that, yes I know Massive has a roadmap and by now they know what they are doing since this is a sequel and there were lessons learned. And even then I'm sure there will be issues once this game drops too.
Fact of the matter is both Anthem and Division are very different games mechanically, if we put content variety aside. Idk if they can co-exist due to there only being so many hours in a day after work to put time into a looter game, but I'm still conflicted here. Maybe I'm the only one. I'll probably end up alternating between games when content drops for either one lol.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Ended up doing some side missions in the rain so its nice to see some weather dynamic other than night/day. Not feeling the loot drops. So far all I'm getting is SMGs and shotguns.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
what gun are you using? the higher the RPM, the less stable the gun if you hold on the trigger for too long

unless you are using an SMG at close range
Ive found that the single shot weapons tend to be a lot easier to handle, obviously lol. It was more just me not being used to it.

BTW, if you are going to play with our clan for this, make sure you swing by the discord and register for the roster. Those already one the server get first dibs and over half the spots are already gone!
Thanks for the heads up! Just posted in the Discord.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like you keep posting about how much you dislike it in hopes that people will respond. It's okay if you don't like it, enjoy Anthem!

I made 3 post after trying it. Don't worry unlike the people that stalk the anthem threads and calling people beta testers, I don't stick around after I done with a game. At least a dodge a bullet with this one.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Played the first couple of missions, still love how much better the actual game play feels over the first. Was still getting texture load in, it's not as bad as the private beta but it's still really annoying. I'm in day 1, but really hope they can iron this out.

Chem launcher like someone mentioned above does work better in a group and it came in handy in a few instances. Not sure I'd drop it for my turret but can see myself utilizing it just to mix up game play. Haven't tried the foam variant but looks like it could be fun.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
So if someone who participated in the private beta and finished the invaded mission, what does have to do in this beta ? I mean if he unlocked its rewards, and doesn't need to replay it, he just has to login to get the extra capitol hill backpack trophy or does he have to replay the open beta again? Is his progress from private beta available?

That sounds right from the infographic.

http://terminalgamer.com/2019/02/25...ivision-2-open-beta-rewards-roadmap-revealed/

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Just did the first major mission at the Theater and I think I'm done doing missions, the game is close and I don't wanna do too much.

But I do love it so much, this game will probably keep me occupied for a while.

But I do miss the snowy New York.

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
No one can answer my question in the previous page? :(
You would have to play through again, progress isn't carried over... There is also a new single player mission.

As much as I want to play The Division 2, I am passing on this beta because release is so close and I don't want to explore large areas and ruin the main game for myself.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Enjoying my time with the beta, doubt I'll buy it day one though. Graphics don't look that improved, but still looks pretty sharp on PC. The setting doesn't do the graphics any favors, the vegetation looks very 2D and fakey. Snow setting was much easier on the eyes if you ask me. Anyway, what matters to me is the progression, loot system and endgame, so i'll just have to wait and see.

Movement mechanics seem like a slight improvement, but the gunplay is still pretty meh. 3rd person shooting just shouldn't exist if you ask me, having my body take half the screen is so distracting, and the fact that the camera is behind your character makes enemies look farther away than they should. I've said it before and I'll say it again: they should have gone the Ghost Recon: Wildlands route.

Last edited:

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
You would have to play through again, progress isn't carried over... There is also a new single player mission.

As much as I want to play The Division 2, I am passing on this beta because release is so close and I don't want to explore large areas and ruin the main game for myself.

Man I am in the same boat. I don't want to play through the beta because I have the Gold Edition preordered so it unlocks on the 11th but the urge that the beta is there is killing me!

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Man I loved the first Division and this feels right at home. after playing beta for few hours I know I want more, so day one it is.

Anyone playing on PS4 pro have framerate problems? The open world plays rather good but but the indoor missions are dropping frames like crazy, is it a bug?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else is getting all pumped up with the soundtrack so far?

Can't wait to make a decent looking character so the cutscenes doesnt look funny. :P
Yeah, I want to do my own character that looks like me, but the randomizer threw a latino-looking grey haired man with tattoos that looks insanely cool, lol.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I played Closed Beta and everything was mostly fine. But i now started Open Beta and i have issues with crackling sound :(

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing on PS4 pro have framerate problems? The open world plays rather good but but the indoor missions are dropping frames like crazy, is it a bug?
I had this problem in the private beta. Too bad they didn't fix it yet.

The endgame mission was unplayable to me, so I had to force my Pro to 1080p to be able to complete the mission.

Strangely, only this mission had this problem.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Lol why do they put the text on screen during the beginning cutscene? "WE SURVIVED" "WE ADAPTED". It's so corny.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
It's very noticeable, I ran up to a tree and it must have taken 3 seconds for the branches and leaves to change from a super low res texture into a high LOD model.
In one case I had an entire wall texture fail to load.

Is this with a rust platter or ssd?
I've been playing a bit on my pro with an internal ssd and I only noticed one low poly tree in a cut-scene that quickly became high poly.
Thinking about it, division is actually stored on my external drive which is a rust platter too.

Maybe I just haven't noticed it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Vanilla PS4 here. Looks and been playing great. Really enjoying it thus far. I only had one glitch where i was stuck in a doorway. I had to fast travel to get out of it. But other than that, everything has been fine.

that is the joke, on base PS4 the game runs better than on the Pro. On the Pro as soon as there is action there is screen tearing with sub 30fps, you can also see trees popping in on the horizon when running around. sometimes even floor textures don´t load in, in the first settlement the ground floor came in like 25 seconds later, it looked horrendous...frankly its been a long time since i saw such slow texture loading in a game, sometimes the game looks like a late last gen game

Last edited:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this different enough from the first game ? I tried the beta of the first game and didn't like it.