PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The double rewards event is live. It's earn bonus drops from Named enemies.

Yeah, I think it just rolls an extra item on the boss but I've gotten like 5 exotics since the event started at 6. So one thing I don't understand is weapon talents say I have one that makes a target bleed does that talent only affect that one gun or is it across all my guns?

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think it just rolls an extra item on the boss but I've gotten like 5 exotics since the event started at 6. So one thing I don't understand is weapon talents say I have one that makes a target bleed does that talent only affect that one gun or is it across all my guns?

As far as I know, unless you're running an Alpha Bridge build, it'll be just on that gun

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Schatuk is correct. However, the alpha bridge only works when you have the 4 piece set bonus, 2 weapons of the same type and then only on the free slot talent. (Some, perhaps all, exotics talents don't work with Alpha Bridge though)

Last edited:

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm thinking of playing this some more. I played thorugh it (and 100%ed it iirc) a bit after launch. Didn't spend too much time on the DZ and I never got the DLCs. Can I just jump back in? Are the DLCs worth it, considering I'm not really into PvP? Also, what kind of activities should I be focusing on?

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
I'm new looking to jump in as someone completely new once I get back from vacation on the 13th or so. Will I be super overwhelmed and behind trying to start fresh? I'm really loving the direction the game seems like its going

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, I have a friend who is staring out (lvl 6) whereas I'm lvl 26 and obviously done way more side and main missions than he has.

If I join his game will I be able to run around doing his early game side missions and encounters and stuff with him? Or would I be prevented from doing so because I've already done them (I know main story missions can be replayed infinitely)?

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, I have a friend who is staring out (lvl 6) whereas I'm lvl 26 and obviously done way more side and main missions than he has.

If I join his game will I be able to run around doing his early game side missions and encounters and stuff with him? Or would I be prevented from doing so because I've already done them (I know main story missions can be replayed infinitely)?
unless they changed something I think you'll bump all the npcs up to your level and make him die every 5 seconds

I got the big alejandro and this gun is trash, it's weaker than my M249 even modded out, gonna try and optimize it to get some better damage numbers, it starts off at 13K and my M249 is at 18K with a sustained hit it ramps up to I think 20K but it's still ridiculously low

Gotta farm dark zone for more division tech without getting ganked

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Had the roughest night for some time in the DZ last night, all I wanted was the purples for the weekly but nooooooo, DZ was full of manhunt squads. Got them in the end and got the hell of of there.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Had the roughest night for some time in the DZ last night, all I wanted was the purples for the weekly but nooooooo, DZ was full of manhunt squads. Got them in the end and got the hell of of there.

Same for me,running around for Divtech but the manhunt guys were being a pain.
I was running a decent build but my mate just don't get it goes with highest gear score,then complains about dying all the time lol.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
So,how does the rogue system work now?
I went to help some random guy that was extracting and then he starts shooting me after clearing the area,so i fought back but i couldn't do any damage.
I think i'm too nice or stupid because i prefer to help than betray others,i don't mind hunting rogues but becoming one is not my thing.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting pretty lucky in WSP last night

IMG_20180104_194231.jpg

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
So,how does the rogue system work now?
I went to help some random guy that was extracting and then he starts shooting me after clearing the area,so i fought back but i couldn't do any damage.
I think i'm too nice or stupid because i prefer to help than betray others,i don't mind hunting rogues but becoming one is not my thing.

You have to trigger it now, you won't be able to shoot other agents unless you have gone rogue. No more accidental rogue.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I got the big alejandro and this gun is trash, it's weaker than my M249 even modded out, gonna try and optimize it to get some better damage numbers, it starts off at 13K and my M249 is at 18K with a sustained hit it ramps up to I think 20K but it's still ridiculously low

The big alejandro is one of the best LMGs in the game, it's far from trash. The flip side is that the Mk249 is the best sustain damage LMG in the game right now. I currently use the alejandro in tier 5 challenging undeground missions because I don't have an Mk249 and still regularly chew through enemies.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Woohoo, I got an Urban MDR that almost makes the pain of dying to 11 different groups of hunters today worth it. It has Vicious and Prepared should I replace either of those?

Last edited:

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
The big alejandro is one of the best LMGs in the game, it's far from trash. The flip side is that the Mk249 is the best sustain damage LMG in the game right now. I currently use the alejandro in tier 5 challenging undeground missions because I don't have an Mk249 and still regularly chew through enemies.
Maybe I just got a bad drop but the 249 seems much better in the shooting range at least
What's considered the best exotic at? I have the urban but in prefer fill auto

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird. A bunch of people coincidentally (or not?) reviewed the game today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EGCoSyep8
(Can't put this as "Media" because of the limit here)

(With a bunch of reviews from earlier in the week).

A lot of it is what I already know, in that the game is basically Diablo 3 now, but one thing I didn't think about is how The Dark Zone is basically what Trials is in Destiny, in that it's basically unfair gear-based PVP. I'm surprised more Trials players don't take to the Division PVP since it seems to be everything that they're looking for when they complain about how the meta has been compressed in the Destiny 2 PVP.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I try joining a group for Dark Zone it's a bunch of little kids trying to lure me out to steal my shit it's super annoying is there any other way to get division tech?

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Was having a terrible streak in the DZ solo then joined a group and suddenly every other drop was a classy or exotic. i know its anecdotal but this has been consistently my story, my drops get a lot better when i'm in a group. i gave away two barret vests, one ninja backpack and a bullfrog to the guys i was playing with

on a positive note, got my first warlord, with unforgiving and capable, i'll probably roll capable into predatory but i need to extract the weapon first. a manhunt group took me and my team out, luckily the weapon dropped privately and i managed to retrieve it then i went into one of the checkpoints

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Also, for any new or returning agents like myself, Lightweight M4 blueprint being sold at the base of operations this week. Grab it as its a really important/good blueprint.

edit - sorry for double post.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Maybe I just got a bad drop but the 249 seems much better in the shooting range at least
What's considered the best exotic at? I have the urban but in prefer fill auto

If you're looking for burst damage instead of sustain on an LMG try using the MG5.

I'd say Bullfrog in most situations. However, the best overall AR in game is the Lightweight M4, highest burst and highest sustain damage. (However, if you wanna go sniping build, the Urban MDR does allow you to make a great pve sniper build with the sentry set.)

How you build your M4 talents depends if you're a skill build or a dps build.
I personally run Talented, Competent and Determined in the free slot for my M4 for skill/reclaimer build.
I've read a lot of DPS M4 users say they run a combination of Destructive, Responsive, Brutal, Ferocious or Predatory.

Last edited:

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Why do the side missions in the West Side Pier all point to the same direction? Am I supposed to roam around until I stumble onto one?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else feel like this games entire population is 12 year olds? I dunno if it's just Xbox live but every group has a little kid screaming on their mic and just being annoying. I've never played a game where people act like such dicks just because their item level is 8 points higher than yours it's not making me want to invest any more time into this game I'm thinking of just uninstalling.

Last edited:

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else feel like this games entire population is 12 year olds? I dunno if it's just Xbox live but every group has a little kid screaming on their mic and just being annoying. I've never played a game where people act like such dicks just because their item level is 8 points higher than yours it's not making me want to invest any more time into this game I'm thinking of just uninstalling.

i play on ps4 and i don't have any issues with the player base. yes, you encounter some dicks but its mostly in the Dark Zone with groups of 4 players jumping solo players, but that's how the DZ is set up with it being an open PVP zone, and the best place to farm for the best quality loot and with the leaderboards incentivizing players to go rogue, so when I step into the DZ i know what to expect and try to move quickly and through back alleys (when i don't matchmake for a team).

Gear Score isn't even that important in this game and you can always optimize your stuff to make it a higher level so these kids you have encountered that make fun of people for having stuff with lower gear score than them should just be ignored. don't let it get to you man, this is a really good game, and i'm posting this 30 minutes after having a classified piece i really needed stolen from me

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
If you're looking for burst damage instead of sustain on an LMG try using the MG5.

I'd say Bullfrog in most situations. However, the best overall AR in game is the Lightweight M4, highest burst and highest sustain damage. (However, if you wanna go sniping build, the Urban MDR does allow you to make a great pve sniper build with the sentry set.)

How you build your M4 talents depends if you're a skill build or a dps build.
I personally run Talented, Competent and Determined in the free slot for my M4 for skill/reclaimer build.
I've read a lot of DPS M4 users say they run a combination of Destructive, Responsive, Brutal, Ferocious or Predatory.
Thank you, I guess I'll get that m4 blue print then

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Couple tips I've picked up for doing PvE in the DZ:

Use enemy mobs in subways/landmarks to your advantage -- constantly be weaving through to divert attention away from yourself and give yourself a fighting chance against rogue groups, esp. since I believe mobs scale in number depending on how many people are fighting it
Whenever calling for extraction, don't actually extract your items (or even reveal your position) until ~15s left on the clock (Rooftop and underground extraction points offer great hiding places w/ lines of sight to the rope)
Events (contamination events, supply drops, manhunts) all drop clean items that don't need to be extracted -- always nab one of these ASAP when you can. So does clearing a landmark.
Divtech containers don't need to be extracted either
Never travel through the main streets

A decent rule of thumb is -- if you can't solo a landmark with ease, you're probably not ready for DZ. Surviving as a solo or PVE player is all about knowing how to use the enemies of the world against anyone that might be chasing you.

WSP drops divtech for completing missions, and each time you craft/breakdown Damascus, you farm one Divtech so I usually just break down all redundant tools and weapons, and sell redundant gear (haven't found any good use for fabric).

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I try joining a group for Dark Zone it's a bunch of little kids trying to lure me out to steal my shit it's super annoying is there any other way to get division tech?

WSP side missions that pop up one after another upon completion/failure dole out 3 Division Tech for a successful completion.

Edit: Regarding Gear Score, for the first time in The Division's lifespan the GS number is actually a pretty good measurement for how strong a character/player "could" be. I put emphasis on could because it doesn't show the composition/makeup of a character concerning attributes/stats/perks/bonuses and whether or not it's a complete 6-piece classified set or not, etc and ultimately how everything will synergize together. A 290ish GS does however indicate that the player has nearly full optimized and maxed gear/weapons concerning perks/stats (at least numbers wise).

Last edited:

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
For anyone farming PVE grab the +4% Damage To Elites firearm mod from The Ward safe house. You'll lose abit of dps or health depending on what your build is but there's an extra 20% damage right there to elites which is by far more useful. These are purple by the way, there is no yellow DTE mods.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
For anyone farming PVE grab the +4% Damage To Elites firearm mod from The Ward safe house. You'll lose abit of dps or health depending on what your build is but there's an extra 20% damage right there to elites which is by far more useful. These are purple by the way, there is no yellow DTE mods.
How does a +4% bonus give you +20%?

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
If you're gonna run a full damage to elites build don't forget to roll +damage to elites talents on your mask and knee pads in addition to the mods. Also, the Sentry's Call 3 set bonus is +10% Damage to Elites

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer damage to armor over damage to elites. Affects more enemy types w/ similar damage bonuses. Named enemies don't really roam streets alone anyways

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
Playing for the first time in over a year. GodDAMN, it's unbelievable how Ubisoft turned this around. Another Rainbow Six Siege situation?

Oct 27, 2017
So I want to put together a DPS/Survival oriented build that must include Ferro's mask (I can't be bothered with being on fire and not being able to fire my weapon for seemingly forever at times) and the Ninja backpack. Ultimately looking for 4-piece set bonus and a 2-piece set bonus with the Ninja backpack while also taking advantage of Ferro's mask. Hopefully I can incorporate classified pieces of gear (I know they work with the Ninja backpack) to take advantage of the higher stats as well.

Suggestions outside of an hexotic build?

Edit: I'm guessing 3-piece classified Striker to go along with Ferro and Ninja but what would be the best 2-piece set bonus to add to this?

Last edited:

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
He can always slot destructive on his gun for some armor damage.

Do you do a lot of underground or resistance?

Me? More UG than resistance. Tough to get a good group going on resistance on PC, most people just want to run 10 wave (really badly, no less) over and over again which is slow and boring

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so important what's in your weapon talent free slot as opposed to the first 2 weapon talent slots?

Because it's free of the required Firearms, Stamina, and/or Electronics main stats usually needed to unlock weapon talents on high-ends anyways (most Exotics feature special weapon talents in the free slot that you can't change).

Juste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the season pass content worth the extra cost, any gear or popular content gated behind it?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I prefer damage to armor over damage to elites. Affects more enemy types w/ similar damage bonuses. Named enemies don't really roam streets alone anyways

Elites are any yellow enemy on challenging difficulty not just the named enemies so only relevant if running that or clearing landmarks in the DZ. And yes, 5 would make 20% occupying all mod slots.

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
Is the season pass content worth the extra cost, any gear or popular content gated behind it?

Gear, no.

Content yes imo. Underground is like Diablo rifts and is both entertaining and rewarding. Survival is a really tense affair and different in feel to the the main game. Last Stand is a more traditional sort of PvP that I personally don't much care for but it may be right up your street