Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
I had already checked out, so it was just loud unfortunately.

If it ever goes back in imax, I'll try it again because I like parts of the movie, especially the amount of character given to robot boxes.

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
Interstellar has some phenomenal stuff going for it.

The last 20 minutes, however, I cannot get over. I legitimately detest that stupid cop out ending. It had a chance to achieve excellence, and instead went with that nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely jealous of those that got to watch this in IMAX. Saw it in a regular theater and it was transcendent. I still drum this scene up on YouTube regularly.

Oct 25, 2017
Still my favourite and most re-watched movie of all time.

Do I think it's the BEST movie ever made?

No, that's a silly thing to say with so many incredible and unique films already out there, and so many more always being made.

But this film just dances across my brain cells like like a fucken ballerina no matter how many times I've seen it.

And yeah OP, fantastic scene [among many fantastic scenes in this film].

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
To be honest, I never found the human drama to be very compelling, and that drags the movie down for me.

But the science is absolutely top notch. The representations of space travel, time dilation, black holes, etc is among the best in cinema, and still a sight to behold.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Don't even like the movie but happy to say that scene was incredibly memorable and arresting, definitely with huge help from the score

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
The movie was one of my favorite movie going experiences ever! That scene was easily my favorite part though!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutele peak kino. This is what movies are about. Zimmer's score is faultless and augments the scene so well...

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody who says otherwise saw this on their phone. I saw this in an IMAX theater on release day and I was literally at the edge of my seat holding my breath during this scene. It is without a doubt the most overwhelming moment I've experienced in a theater.
Exactly this, word for word. Saw it in Lincoln center imax in NYC by myself the first time on opening weekend, and I learned that day that "sitting on the edge of your seat" is actually a literal phrase. I ended up looking at some random dude next to me after the scene and we just kind of were like nodding to each other in acknowledgement of what just happened.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely an event movie that deserves to be seen on a huge ass IMAX screen.

I didn't totally understand the ending but the movie on a whole was brilliant. And the docking scene is definitely one of the best things I have seen in any movie.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, one of those scenes that's stuck with me even though I haven't seen the film since I saw it at the cinema.

nofriendo

Jun 4, 2019
It's a small point but always loved how they treated the AI like actual crewmates. Gave their voices emotion as well.

Guess I am rewatching this tonight

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly? All of Gravity.

Yup, amazing film imho. I loved it in 3D as well. Interstellar is a film I can put on and watch repeatedly though, whereas I don't often consider watching Gravity. Interstellar has so many great moments, all powered along by that stunning score, and that scene is certainly one of them.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I really enjoyed this too. Aside from the music I really adore the choices they made visually to up the tension. Like when they match the spin and we are watching from outside of the ship, at that point it would be impossible to telegraph the spin without a visual reference. So all the debris from the explosion is the visual reference. It's a subtle but excellent choice.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing in IMAX mid elsewhere. This movie was pretty good up until the last third or so when it became the most saccharine bullshit I've seen Nolan smear on screen. Retroactively ruins the entire film.