• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"We know how eager our players are to dive into Blades on the Nintendo Switch and we've been hard at work to make it happen. Unfortunately, amidst all the other changes we're making to Blades, we've had to delay our Switch release until early 2020," the publisher shared in an update.

"We can't wait until you can begin your quest in Blades on the Switch, and we're confident this additional time will let us deliver the polished gameplay our fans deserve. We deeply appreciate your patience! As we've mentioned in a previous Town Hall, PvP matches will be cross-platform between mobile versions and the Switch version when it releases."
The free-to-play dungeon crawler comes to the portable home console with support for cross-play and cross-progression, meaning that you can start your adventure on mobile and continue where you left off on Nintendo Switch.

Whether playing docked in TV mode or in Tabletop mode, the game will also have motion control when using the console's Joy-Con.

The Elder Scrolls: Blades will release for free on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in early 2020.

devastating news ;_;

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Honestly, I completely forgot that this was happening. It feels like this already missed its moment since they didn't release the game as an "Available Now!" type of deal during the E3 Conference and with all the major games releasing in 2020, I doubt I'm ever gonna touch this game.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Did they finally release the VR version of this game?

i'm guessing that's not happening. as their "for every platform!" pitch isn't working out as is

that said the game is quite okay. i played it more than any mobile game this year, though that's a very low bar on my end

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Honestly, I do not think anybody is remotely gutted. And I absolutely stress I have no mobile game snobbery bones in my body. But this was a bad game. Then put it in the context of having the infinitely superior full fat Skyrim available on the platform (and subject to some nice deep discounts in sales), where is the audience for this?

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
Update 1.5 could be a game changer, no surprise they want to launch on Switch with the best reception possible.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How else will I play the full mobile experience of elder scrolls D:

With its incredible combat and immersive chest opening!

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
You can play Skyrim on Switch.

Why on earth would you accept this watered down GaaS garbage as an alternative?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nobody is eager to play your shitty mobile game and this is coming from an Elder Scrolls fan

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this came out already and as a collective entity we didn't give a shit.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
i think the better question is why did bethersda think this is a good idea? even if someone wanted to play this, they could already get it on the phone they have. i don't really get who the audience is.

Well since it's free they might get some new people who haven't played the elder scrolls before and they might try 5 if they like it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know but it is what I wanted this to be when it was first announced, they still need to bring it back though. That game was cooool.
they delisted the 3 games, you can't even get them anymore :( i remember playing them back in the day (got one of them when it was the free game of the week on app store), pretty cool and really good graphics for a mobile game.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
they delisted the 3 games, you can't even get them anymore :( i remember playing them back in the day (got one of them when it was the free game of the week on app store), pretty cool and really good graphics for a mobile game.

Yeah, it was really neat and it played like a dream, I played it non stop until my iPod's battery died, recharged and went back in.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I actually have IB 1 and 2 installed on my phone, I never did get part 3 unfortunately

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well since it's free they might get some new people who haven't played the elder scrolls before and they might try 5 if they like it.
honestly i bet the pitch was: we'll port the game to switch so we can show people slashing monsters using joycon motion controls. that'll be exciting for people.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be honest. I play this game every morning. I don't know why. I've raised my town up to level 8 and just raised my Smith to 8 so that I can make Ebony armor. I basically log in for the free daily thing, do a daily quest as long as it's 3 skulls or less, and sell stuff. Now that I can do the ebony, I will craft a full set. I will never spend any money in this game and I don't enjoy it. I've been stuck on the main quest line for a while now because they're too difficult to finish (though maybe the ebony will help with that). There's all kinds of cosmetic things you can put in the village, but there's no point since nobody can see any of it and they raise your town level pretty insignificantly. I think I play it because I am in disbelief there's not more to it than this. Luckily, it takes up about 5 or so minutes of my morning, so I can keep looking at the train wreck and not feel too bad about it.

Why you'd ever play it at all, much less on Switch, I have no idea.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna bet the PC port is going to be canned. I've heard nothing but bad things about this, all related to the monetization model, of course.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about indefinitely?

Such a waste of time and effort only to gauge people of money through cheap gambling tactics.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Should have included a poll asking who here even remembered that the game existed before seeing the thread

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having a blast with this game on ios. One of the few games that just plays so well on a mobile device and looks amazing as well. Just not tremendous depth.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Such tragedy, I know how many people on Era were looking forward to this.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
i think the better question is why did bethersda think this is a good idea? even if someone wanted to play this, they could already get it on the phone they have. i don't really get who the audience is.

Well, Gems of War can be played on phones as well but has a sizeable Switch player base also despite releasing just last March.(years after the other versions).

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Does literally anyone want this?

It's sad that fans have created far more and better Elder Scrolls content than Bethesda in the near decade since Skyrim's release.