• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
b9s5zrgw.gif

Samantha's ill-tempered father opposes marriages between mortals and witches, so she and Endora have been hiding the fact that Darrin is a mortal. When he comes to visit, Darrin is out, but Samantha's father snoops around the house and realizes that her husband is mortal. Darrin comes over and, after an attempt to hide him fails, he makes a stand that he and Samantha are married and her father can do nothing to change that. Samantha's father compliments Darrin's courage and proceeds to kill him on the spot.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019
Never watched the show. But damn, that's a lot more extreme than the many indignities Harvey had to endure in the Sabrina sitcom.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i dont remember the father being a recurring character

but endora was the best character on the show

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's especially funny because this happened in the first goddamn season.
I guess it's because when you're meeting your in spouse's side of the family for the first time, little faux pas like murdering you are to be expected, whereas they'll be seen as more deliberate insults once the relationship settles.

i dont remember the father being a recurring character

but endora was the best character on the show
I think as a kid I took her more as the villain but watching it again now I usually agree with her.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, the first season has 36 episodes. These days most seasons are around 8-10 episodes.
Most Sitcoms ran like that in the early days since they wanted weekly episodes from Sept-May (in the belief that people wouldn't watch television in the Summer). Even reruns & syndication weren't a thing at first. It wasn't until the 70s that sitcoms fell into the now typical trend of 24 episode seasons, aired in two parts to fit sweeps.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Wait, if it's in the 1st season, why is it in color? I watched Bewitched on Nick at Nite and our local WB20 station at like 2:00pm on weekdays and they were all in black and white.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Most Sitcoms ran like that in the early days since they wanted weekly episodes from Sept-May (in the belief that people wouldn't watch television in the Summer). Even reruns & syndication weren't a thing at first. It wasn't until the 70s that sitcoms fell into the now typical trend of 24 episode seasons, aired in two parts to fit sweeps.
My favorite thing is finding forgotten sitcoms.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Lol, I don't remember this episode at all

I used to watch this on Nick at Nite and loved it. I think me and my ex wife ended up getting the DVD release ages ago, but I can't recall this one!