• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck was that

that was definitely a censored ADR on amos at the end

edit: also lol at syfy for cutting off that ending

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell of a time to cancel a show. Might have been strategic to do it now with 3 episodes left. Nice ending. I sense some returning characters!

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect the cosmic lovecraftian horror

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_oluzb2niqu1r30atgo2_400.gif

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
well, the directtv ap has the episode, guess I'll let it run till I get to see the last 20 minutes...

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
You know what confused me for a long time? That the actor who played Michal Iturbi (scientist who died in Venus) looks so similar to the guy who plays Secretary General Esteban. Side by side they don't look all that similar but you watch them a year apart i.e. on in season 2 briefly and then the other on season 3 and it made me kept wondering...why is the scientist guy now the head of UN?

latest

tumblr_p0md47UjjI1tpri36o1_500.png

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I've come to the conclusion that what SyFy did was a crime against humanity. How dare they cancel a show that ramps up this much awesome. Holy shit that episode

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last line by Amos was censored on SyFy. The uncensored version is "What the fuck is that?" which is even funnier since he's standing around a table with 6 children.

What's the deal with the Nauvoo? Conversion to a battleship?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018
The dead guy in mag boots in Cotyar's first scene was a really cool touch. This show always reminds me that physics are happening.

Great episode. Even if, as a book reader, I thought it would go on another thirty seconds or so.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the main crew ever going to stop killing scientists who actually know a lot about the protomolecule? Of course they deserve it, but have a little patience guys.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Is the main crew ever going to stop killing scientists who actually know a lot about the protomolecule? Of course they deserve it, but have a little patience guys.
I think the data guy is still around? Can't remember, and I haven't finished my S2 rewatch because I was too emotional after thatdbeinteresting.gif ;_;

whalenapp81

Oct 29, 2017
Ok so in the books
Doesn't Venus get totally destroyed when the Gate launches from it?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome episode! Maybe they will be able to finish book 3 by the end of this season. Not sure how tbh, but I havent finished it yet. This episode was basically the end of the 2nd book for anyone wondering.

The last line by Amos was censored on SyFy. The uncensored version is "What the fuck is that?" which is even funnier since he's standing around a table with 6 children.

Yup!

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys in Canada seeing the uncensored?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

OMG, if that's what it is...that's why I love sci-fi. I love the concept of generation ships, but the concept of converting a generation ship into a supermassive capital ship is just so freaking awesome that I can't recall ever reading something like that in a book before

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about this since that previous post.

A generation ship needs to be constantly rotating, right? So how does that work for mounted weapons, since they'd be rotating along with the ship?

I think the constant need for artificial gravity was only a concern if you were raising families for hundreds of years across empty space. Seems like they could stop the rotation for combat purposes? Or maybe the ship is littered with missiles on all sides that it doesn't really matter.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at the pic above, building an entire external framework around the ship that doesn't' need to rotate might be the answer.

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Via Indiewire

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/expanse-amazon-needs-to-save-show-1201965338/
UPDATE: Alcon Entertainment co-CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson sent IndieWire a statement via email: "The outpouring of support and enthusiasm from the fans of THE EXPANSE has been remarkable and encouraging. The show's impassioned fan base, including hundreds of thousands of viewers and the likes of of George R.R. Martin and Patton Oswalt, appear to be as hopeful as we are that this stunning space drama can find a new home on another platform."

Status
Not open for further replies.