• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Don't worry guys, probably there's exposition incoming. If you're a book reader you can see what they did there but it's pretty confusing in the context of the TV series.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Not a booker myself, but I get the feeling they left the visions deliberately vague so Holden can explain it for the audience next episode. Otherwise, he'd just be repeating what we already know. Can't wait :)

Magilla

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been 1-2 episodes behind the thread and have been staying out to avoid spoilers. I'm caught up now. We in here now!!

This show is on fucking fire!

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
The Protomolecule vision (which while I can't be certain what it means, does imply a bit of a Dark Forest or galactic death situation) made me think of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

This series right now is second only to Westworld in my weekly anticipation, an impressive feat given that last week's Westworld ("Riddle of the Sphynx", following Ake) was one of the greatest single episodes of any TV show ever in my mind.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the only series I'm seriously keeping up with
Westworld S2 didnt manage to grab me and I'm loving this. Such good Sci-fi

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Fallen World

Drummer and Ashford find themselves trapped with few options for survival. Anna tends to the wounded masses as Melba continues to hunt down her pretty. The Rocinante crew struggle to survive as Naomi reunites with her true family.
This is episode #11 of 13 from S3. Looks like they're airing #12 and #13 back to back next week to close out the season.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's supposed to be pray right? Not pretty? lol

hqdefault.jpg

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Nice "get the fuck outta here" substitute lol

Edit: woah, that was too close

OUCH, and they're both able to joke about it lol.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Man this episode is absolutely killing it with the little details in zero G.
This was actually one of my biggest complaints about the show so far i.e. zero G would only look like zero G when they explicitly show it with floating people/ objects etc and when people used mag boots in ships it never really felt like zero G as everything looked normal including their hair, the way they moved their arms and such (I know they attach all tools and tier their hair etc and that's the in show explanation for that). But this episode with the blood floating, the tears forming a bubble around the eye, all the while other people are using mag boots to walk around makes it really feel like this is real zero G

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So she isnt dead right? And he has been itching to be the new captain but i get a sense maybe if she recovers he'll fully endorse her? Next week looks pretty good. 2 hour finale.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So she isnt dead right? And he has been itching to be the new captain but i get a sense maybe if she recovers he'll fully endorse her? Next week looks pretty good. 2 hour finale.
He wants it but he isn't a power-climbing asshole- he respects chain of command and all that, he was legit trying to help her out even though he kept stepping on her toes.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Strathairn is doing good work on Ashford.

Maybe some of the series best attempts at "zero-g" stuff. Multiple set pieces involving it.

Wonder how connected the last 2 episodes will be. Will it come with a larger cliffhanger in the middle of the show, or will it be a double length episode.

Also wondering where it'll end the episode/season at.

This episode ends at almost the halfway point of the novel, with Anna tasering Clair

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Spin the Drummer. She and Ashford are fantastic.

Great EP as usual. This season has been top notch.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Love all the zero g casualties segment.
The attention to detail. Tilley 's tears not dropping..

I want the Belters to take this glory.

A spinning drum needs it's Drummer

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
One more thing: the smug martian marines are the worst.
They are literally the worst when it comes to superiority complex. Earthers have it too but you don't see them gloat all the time about how they are superior and their enemies are inferior, they are more like "yea we are better and we don't need to prove it". They even acknowledge Mars as an equal power whereas Martians are like Oh we can just take them down cause we're better.

Status
Not open for further replies.