Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
So the comic is continuing the series story, meaning taking stuff that is already written in the books but adjusting it to tv show changes made in seasons 1-6?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just read the books rather than wait for this to get picked up again or whatever.

I understand why they stopped where they did, but those last books were still a good time. It was fun to binge read too! Haven't done that in a while.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
comic sounds cool, i'll definitely check it out

i think its a bit delusional thinking the expanse will ever come back, the show never got to the levels of viewership of something like Jack Ryan or The Boys, and in the current era of everything not huge getting cancelled it would be weird to return to the show. If you punted ahead a few years to the next books you'd lose a ton of potential new viewers who would be reluctant to invest in a show that has a 6 season commitment already, and trying to thread that needle of "you'll enjoy this more if you watch 6 seasons, but you don't need to!" is really tough.

I just hope we see the actors in big things, I know Chatham (Amos) is filming something and I am curious when he reveals what it is, he was definitely my favorite on the show.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Nice bump! I'll definitely check out the comic.

Since the show ended, I've read through books 1-6, and started book 7. I also read all the relevant novellas so far.

I've absolutely loved reading all the books and highly recommend any series fans do the same! So much extra color and background I really appreciate, and just revisiting the stories is like a warm blanket. And it's nice finally getting to what happens after season 6.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I miss this show :(

Although the Amazon seasons never quite reached previous highs and were inconsistency...

... I miss the world. May read the books.

Teuthex

May 31, 2019
I have zero interested in picking up a comic book... whatever happen to talk about a possible movie followup?
This won't finish the narrative: it's going to be some fun for readers of the novels because it explores a large gap in the book's timeline, and will hopefully keep the fandom somewhat engaged in the meantime if the show ever gets a real continuation. It's not going to replace anything that would have been adapted to screen.

To get the ending of the story, the books are currently all we have. I really love the last 3!

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
I've been watching this with my wife. Series 1 was good, but I've found it steadily less interesting since. We've just finished series 5 and it was a slog. Splitting up the cast was the wrong decision in my opinion.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
People realize the show was cancelled because they weren't getting the audience they expected right?
It's not like they decided to take a break for 5 years.

i think its a bit delusional thinking the expanse will ever come back, the show never got to the levels of viewership of something like Jack Ryan or The Boys, and in the current era of everything not huge getting cancelled it would be weird to return to the show.

Yeah, this basically.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
People realize the show was cancelled because they weren't getting the audience they expected right?

Which is kinda funny when Besos "saved the show" because he wanted them to make all planned seasons just so he could watch them. Guess he stopped watching.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love

Yeah, this basically.

It's also a little promising to see a comic being made that won't stretch into the seventh through ninth books. Clearly, it's as has been said - Alcon remains committed to the franchise.

That doesn't mean we will definitely get that continuation someday. But I wouldn't write it off entirely.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
The wife and i decided to do a rewatch and finish the series after dropping off after season 4. Didn't remember much of season 4 except them being on the planet and man the first half of season 4 is a chore. Just a really really bad Season. Hopefully the second half is good and the last two seasons are strong. The first 3 seasons are still great.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ty and that guy is really great, glad i discovered it a few months back. wes seems like a treasure.

Super-Volt

Apr 19, 2021
United States
This is the only podcast I follow these days. They started off focusing each one on discussing a single episode of the Expanse. Now they're nearly done with discussing all of the episodes, and I love that they're branching out into other stuff like John Carpenter movies and The Last of Us TV show. I look forward to it every week!

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Since this thread was already bumped, I just wanted to share that I finished Book 8 of The Expanse today - Tiamat's Wrath. I started the books last summer, starting with the Leviathan Wakes, and have gradually worked through all of the books + novellas since then.

I like all of the books, love many of them, and think they're totally worth reading.

But Tiamat's Wrath - just holy shit, what an astonishing achievement. One of the most thrilling, unpredictable, moving books I've read in a long time. I'd say that this 8th book alone is worth taking the long journey of reading all the books, but I'd at least recommend starting with book 7 so you can see what happens after the series ended.

Oct 29, 2017
I want to avoid comics/the books in hopes that they are at some point adapted to a new series/movie(s) in the future...but I'm certainly tempted. All the praise of the later books/how the story ends has me hyped.

Oct 25, 2017
Since this thread was already bumped, I just wanted to share that I finished Book 8 of The Expanse today - Tiamat's Wrath. I started the books last summer, starting with the Leviathan Wakes, and have gradually worked through all of the books + novellas since then.

I like all of the books, love many of them, and think they're totally worth reading.

But Tiamat's Wrath - just holy shit, what an astonishing achievement. One of the most thrilling, unpredictable, moving books I've read in a long time. I'd say that this 8th book alone is worth taking the long journey of reading all the books, but I'd at least recommend starting with book 7 so you can see what happens after the series ended.
oh awesome. i finished book 7 recently but took a break to cool down a bit. looking forward to jumping back in.

Teuthex

May 31, 2019

I love the last 3 books. Tiamat's Wrath in particular: it has so many great moments that really pay off on all the set-up. Looking forward to see what you think of Leviathan Falls!

I really hope to see those last 3 adapted to screen one day 😭