• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now that it is just an oversight given the apparent complexities with PSN content. There's no reason to exclude the PS+ Game Collection version given its a free upgrade.
Happened with other free upgrades in the paat though.

But yeah, see what happens. It's still on Premium I believe, so might happen.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
This stuff has always been in the devs hands, nothing to do with Sony. Any version they aren't upgrading is their choice.
Well, Sony is the one that decided to have a convoluted upgrade system instead of allowing developers to simply push an automatic upgrade like any other platform. It's probably an oversight in this case but it's one that shouldn't have to exist.

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020
Getting 'Operation cannot be completed' in Mods and Creation Kit menus on Xbox.

Off to a good start lol.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
14.5GB on PC. Ironically I tried to install the game on my Deck OLED and that crashed the entire system HARD

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Was gonna play this on PS5 because that's where I bought the season pass back in 2015… but I'm just now realizing that I must have had it on disk back then. Not getting the next-gen entitlement despite having the PS4 SKU in my library, which must be the PS+ version

Hopefully it's just an error! Otherwise I guess I'll just play this on Series X and purchase Far Harbor on its own, since the big Fallout sale is over 🙃
So like, what do you do in Fallout?

I've never played a single game of the Fallout series lol
The Bethesda fallouts are open world RPGs. You wander around, talk to NPCs, fight raiders and monsters, etc.

4 is a good place to start, each game is basically standalone. I personally prefer New Vegas and 3, but they can feel clunky by modern standards

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
As ever, Sony's store is making it confusing as shit when it comes to PS5 upgrades.

I own the game, for absolute sure. The question is whether I own it digitally or physically, which I actually can't remember. In my library the Fallout 4 thumbnail doesn't have the PS Plus symbol, implying I own it digitally for real. Oh, but the new PS4/5 app is charging me £15.99. So now I don't know if its a typical Sony store glitch, or if I didn't actually own the digital version and that it's the Plus version which isn't showing the Plus symbol in my library because I originally played it via a physical copy.

Oh, but I scroll down the app and see the Choose Edition section which lists Fallout 4 PS4 & PS5 which is tagged as "Purchased". When I press X on it it gives me an error saying "You already own this item".

So wtf Sony, WHICH IS IT HUH?

I'll try and see if I can find the physical copy if I have one, but jesus do Sony make this so much more confusing than it needs to be.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017

In this one your supposed to go around the ruins of Boston looking for your kidnapped son, but what'll happen is you get distracted by a side quest where you dress up as a comic book superhero.

Serious answer:

Fallout is an RPG series. The first two were isometric turn-based CRPGs and the Bethesda era games are open world RPGs. If you want a rich RPG experience, play Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout 4 is more of a shooter with some RPG mechanics on top.

Oct 28, 2017
Just started a new PC play through… played up to Vault Tec guy at front door and I'm having some audio issues. Character lines not synced up and some character lines running over top of each other.

Bethesda never lets me down.

Sazed

Aug 21, 2023
Just got the PC version yesterday but now I feel like I oughtta wait for all the mod stuff to get sorted out before jumping in. REALLY struggling here to stop myself from going down the rabbithole. Last time I played Skyrim back in the fall I, of course, ended up using Wabbajack to install hundreds of mods, and then only played it a handful of times.

I'm sorry, when do you decorate for halloween then? I'm in Canada so my Thanksgiving is in October, and my Halloween decorations are probably starting to go up around the start of the month

I'm in Canada too and I would say most people put their decorations up after our Thanksgiving here too. Like what's the point of a holiday season if you only put decorations up the night of or before? Maybe some people don't think of Halloween that way but it's very much a seasonal thing to me that runs through most of October.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
As ever, Sony's store is making it confusing as shit when it comes to PS5 upgrades.

I own the game, for absolute sure. The question is whether I own it digitally or physically, which I actually can't remember. In my library the Fallout 4 thumbnail doesn't have the PS Plus symbol, implying I own it digitally for real. Oh, but the new PS4/5 app is charging me £15.99. So now I don't know if its a typical Sony store glitch, or if I didn't actually own the digital version and that it's the Plus version which isn't showing the Plus symbol in my library because I originally played it via a physical copy.

I'll try and see if I can find the physical copy if I have one, but jesus do Sony make this so much more confusing than it needs to be.
If you own the physical version the app icon should show a little disc icon in the corner.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Patch Notes

New Creation Club Content Free for Everyone
Enclave Remnants

Some say the past is a scar, cut across the skin of the Commonwealth. Others believe it's a scab clotted over an unhealed wound. Those who fought the Enclave, and those who serve them subscribe to the latter. And when the scab is broken the flag of this old-world cabal will once more stand at full mast. Unless of course, you stop them first. Features the classic Enclave Colonel uniform and over a dozen workshop items! If you have other Enclave creations installed, some of these troops may use this equipment against you!

(Quest "Echoes of the Past" starts on the road north of Saugus Ironworks.)

Armor and Weapon bundle

• X-02 Power Armor
  • Hellfire Power Armor
  • Heavy Incinerator
  • Tesla Cannon
  • Enclave Weapon Skins
  • Enclave Armor Skins

Makeshift Weapon Pack

Whether it be grenades or piggy banks, there's no shortage of objects you can transform into murderous projectiles with this collection of unique weapons. Included are two grenade launchers, a Nail Gun, Baseball Launcher, Saw Blade launcher, and piggy bank based weaponry.

(Quest "When Pigs Fly" starts at a merchant workshop northwest of Greenetech Genetics.)

Halloween Workshop

On the eve of the end, the New England Technocrat Society has thrown a spooky Halloween gala for anyone with the nerve to attend. Drop in on this fa-boo-lous pumpkin-lit soiree replete with witches, cauldrons, and ghouls, and unlock 38 new spine-tingling Halloween props to decorate your settlement! Includes new wearables, such as the iconic De-Capitalist helmet!

(Quest "All Hallow's Eve" starts by tuning into the Mysterious Signal on your Pip-Boy.)

Changes and New Features
  • Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
  • Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling.
  • Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.
    *When connected to a 120Hz display, Quality mode will target 40 FPS.
    *When connected to a 1440p display, the title will run at 1440p resolution at 60 FPS w/ ultra settings regardless of rendering mode
  • Release on Epic Store.
  • Widescreen and Ultra-widescreen support.
  • Steam Deck Verified
  • 9 Free Creation Club Items. Enclave Remnants (New!), Enclave Weapon Skins, Enclave Armor Skins, Tesla Cannon, Hellfire Power Armor, X-02 Power Armor, Heavy Incinerator, Halloween Workshop (New!), Makeshift Weapon Pack (New!).
  • Added "Installed Content" menu.

Bug Fixes
  • Resolved issues preventing Japanese and Chinese users from connecting to Bethesda.net (this restores access to Mods).
  • Resolved issue preventing save data from properly loading during the prologue.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the Vault 111 Door from opening on new games.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the quest "Go Home" from advancing.
  • Resolved issue that could result in Codsworth being broken on the ground after fast traveling.
  • Resolved issue with mipmaps in DLC.
  • Resolved issue that could result in a softlock when in dialogue with Prestson Garvey.
  • Resolved issue preventing autosaves while fast traveling in Power Armor.
  • Fixed issue where text would occasionally disappear in the Creation Club menu.
  • Resolved issues with text formatting in the credits in Japanese and Chinese.
  • Resolved issue causing the camera to fail when leaving furniture after an extended time.
  • Fixed issue that could misplace quest markers while the VR Workshop Creation was installed alongside Automatron.
  • Resolved issue with player movement in some underwater areas at Thicket Excavations.
  • Resolved issue that could cause corruption within the Settlement system resulting in wrong resource counts and/or destroyed settlements.
  • Resolved issue where the "Level Up" notification would display even if there was not a level up available.
  • Fixed some flickering in Vault 111.
  • Stability improvements.

PC Only

• Resolved issue preventing saves being made under Windows Usernames with Cyrillic, Chinese, or Japanese characters.

Creation Kit

• Removed non-functional "Hot Load" button. Removed non-functional "Material Editor" button.
  • Editor IDs longer than 99 characters will no longer crash the editor.
  • Resolved crash that could occur while viewing a quest's Objectives tab.
  • Resolved hang that could occur while adding a reference to a layer.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017

Talk to people, compete with janky mechanics, drink irradiated water, fight annoying bugs and come across some cool random side quests. Fallout 4 is probably most aligned with the show instead of finding your dad, you're searching for your son that went missing after you were both in a cryo-chamber to start the game.

Even Fallout 4 feels pretty dated. People who love the games really love them but they're definitely not for everybody.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Update on F4SE.

"The 2024-04-25 Fallout 4 update (1.10.980 and later) has broken F4SE and the rest of the native code modding scene similarly to Skyrim's "Anniversary Edition" patch. I am working on an update and cannot currently offer a timeline for its availability, nor whether there will be any critical technical issues that would block an update. Do not email with questions."

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted to start a survival run through (on Steam), but does anyone know if the survival mods that allow quicksave will work with the update? I hope so, as that's my only beef with survival mode (requiring a bed to save).

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If you've never played survival mode I highly recommend it. Synergizes well with the settlement system and Fallout's universe. Should be standard in all BGS games and it's sorely missing in Starfield.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm tempted to start a survival run through (on Steam), but does anyone know if the survival mods that allow quicksave will work with the update? I hope so, as that's my only beef with survival mode (requiring a bed to save).
Here you go.
www.nexusmods.com

Survival Options

Adds a holotape that allows you to choose various options for survival difficulty, including hunger, thirst and exhaustion rate.

Truezeldafan

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
So is the enclave remnants content baked into the update? I wasn't seeing it in Creation Club, Im assuming they took it out of that and just made it apart of the game, yes?

ReticentRobot

Apr 16, 2021
Bombs fell on Oct 23 2077, so shortly before Halloween, which I believe is why you see decorations here and there. Not that I've ever met anyone who decorated 8 days before Halloween.

I'm sorry, when do you decorate for halloween then? I'm in Canada so my Thanksgiving is in October, and my Halloween decorations are probably starting to go up around the start of the month

Day of/day before at best haha

Wild. On my street growing up in Texas and now in Oklahoma, Halloween decorations go up on Oct. 1st. All of October is spooky month.

pommedeterre

Apr 30, 2023
On PC, I cannot select the resolution of my ultrawide monitor, 3440x1440. The menu gives me the choice of two aspects ratios "native" (2752x1152) or "21/9" (max 2560x1080)...

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Downloaded on Steam and patched no problem. Launched the game, it runs in 21:9...and crashes after about 30 seconds.

Launched again - crashed.

Turned of my computer.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I've got no business starting a new game right now, considering I'm still in the middle of Rebirth and also in Act 3 of BG3, but I'm loving the show and never played Fallout before. So, installing the update on Series X now.

Nuzzgok

Mar 7, 2022
where are you seeing this/reading this?

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

mLbbu4Z.png