• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
7 gifts from AgentStrange New

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 7 gifts from AgentStrange AgentStrange!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

AgentStrange said:
Crawl out through the Fallout, baby!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Fallout Classic Collection - Won by Curt Baboon Curt Baboon (12 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Fallout 3: GOTY Edition - Won by SaltyDuck SaltyDuck (16 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - Won by mbn mbn (18 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Fallout 4: GOTY Edition - Won by moonie moonie (44 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Fallout 76 - Won by Dec Dec (27 entries)
  • Xbox series X/S Xbox series X/S: Fallout 76 - Won by Stunner911 Stunner911 (12 entries)
  • Xbox PC App Xbox PC App: Fallout 76 - Won by internet rabbit internet rabbit (4 entries)

MikeKlump

Oct 30, 2017
California
Sorriest excuse for 21:9 support, this is gross.

Fallout-4-Screenshot-2024-04-25-09-11-36-71.png

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I started a new save a couple days ago, didn't get far but at least got through the starting BS. I had a handful of small QoL and visual mods, if I leave those disabled what are the chances I can load up that save? Currently working so I can't check. I really don't want to do the first 30-60 minutes again.

edit: Loaded up fine with new patch and mods enabled. True Storms, Vivid AiO, weightless junk, Enhanced blood textures are the mods I'm using.

Last edited:

Ace_1991

Sep 22, 2023
How do I change the graphics settings on Steam Deck, outside of those that are available in-game? I recall that those were managed in the launcher, but the game just boots up with no option to mess with those.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Sorriest excuse for 21:9 support, this is gross.

Fallout-4-Screenshot-2024-04-25-09-11-36-71.png
Exactly as I predicted. They did exactly same thing with "ultrawide support" for Skyrim few months back. They just stretch the UI. It's literally worse than unofficial ultrawide where you simply edit the ini file for your resolution… even if the UI would be more centred, it wouldnt look like fucking garbage stretched....... come on BGS FFS - the only thing for ultrawide support you need to do is the UI positioning

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Deleting and reinstalling the add-ons on Series X resolved my loading issues, thankfully. Game also runs 60fps/Ultra on Quality mode on a 1080p TV, it seems.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Wait so if I got this game from the PS5 Playstation Subscriber thing, I can't update to the PS5 version from PS4? Lol.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
They might unlock/refresh once you make progress towards a new trophy. E.g. After you level up. Maybe?
I noticed this because I got a Touchdown trophy right after I died and there was nothing else, so I checked the trophy list and only had the one trophy. The game even crashed a bit later, so it seems to be working as intended.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If you're using mods that require F4SE you can just turn off automatic updates on Steam and launch through the F4SE launcher to avoid updating before you want to I believe.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
I was tempted to fire this up, but jesus christ that looks horrid.

Its like a PS3 game. I think ill skip for now.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Can I add mods to an existing save file or do I need to start a new game?

Deciding whether i should wait for mods on series x before starting

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Now that HUD looks exactly as I'd expect. Thanks for linking that, I'll have to give it a try.
My pleasure. Let me know how it goes for you.

It's disappointing to see this happen again as it did with Skyrim Special Edition. Starfield's UI isn't stretched out like this so why can't this game be the same?

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, how fucking annoying.

I own Fallout 4 on disc but it's back in my old home in Harrow and I didn't bring it over to my new place in Greenwich.

Not updating the PS Plus version to the PS5 SKU is such a stupid move. This isn't a new game, it's nearly 10 years old.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
How do I change the graphics settings on Steam Deck, outside of those that are available in-game? I recall that those were managed in the launcher, but the game just boots up with no option to mess with those.

Same thing happened to Skyrim. They stopped the launcher coming up for Deck support, and I never figured out how to change settings anymore after it.

ThePsydeFX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I own F4 originally on disc for PS4 but also later claimed the Free PS+ version which I deleted earlier to install the disc on my PS5. I got the new quests but I see no settings for the rendering modes. Any ideas?

Edit: ahh, just a convoluted PS upgrade system. Never saw the option but in product page, it just says Free where the disc is shown.

Last edited:

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Oh, how fucking annoying.

I own Fallout 4 on disc but it's back in my old home in Harrow and I didn't bring it over to my new place in Greenwich.

Not updating the PS Plus version to the PS5 SKU is such a stupid move. This isn't a new game, it's nearly 10 years old.
Sony and Bethesda are aware and working on it. Saw a post of reddit with receipts.

So hopefully it's fixed next week if not sooner.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Can you please link or DM the mod you use for 21:9? I got 3440x1440.
www.nexusmods.com

(Discontinued) TRUBY9 ULTRAWIDE - FALLOUT 4

[DEPRECATED] Ultra-wide Support for the entirety of Fallout 4 and all of its DLCs

It says it's obsolete now because of this patch, I suppose they have more faith in Bethesda than anyone else.. lol.

They'll probably re-continue it later today when they what the "official" support looks like.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
So, are some mods on Xbox still working or is everything nuked with the update? I can't check myself at the moment.

NeonDelta

Sep 29, 2020
Downloading now, hope this fixes the save data issue going between disc and digital that happens with the UK copy. The ps5 version it's downloading doesnt have a disc icon next to it so if its not fixed I'll have to start again. (I own disc and digital but can only play my save using disc install for ps4 version)
Can confirm this glitch is fixed. Finally I can use my 90 hour save without putting the disc in.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
www.nexusmods.com

(Discontinued) TRUBY9 ULTRAWIDE - FALLOUT 4

[DEPRECATED] Ultra-wide Support for the entirety of Fallout 4 and all of its DLCs

It says it's obsolete now because of this patch, I suppose they have more faith in Bethesda than anyone else.. lol.

They'll probably re-continue it later today when they what the "official" support looks like.
I noticed this when I started FO4 again and I was thinking…. Awfully presumptuous lol

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Just about to finish up my first full playthrough of Fallout 1. I had played some of the game before, but never to completion.

Tonight I'll be tackling the Cathedral and Military Base, wish me luck!

EDIT: Oops, this isn't the Fallout series thread. Uhhh, have fun with Fallout 4, everyone!