• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Really enjoyed that finale. Just binged these last four episodes today cause that break was brutal last year lol.

If Season 3 is 2026 then I'm more than cool with that. Let them do their thing!
Kirkman has said the wait between seasons 1 and 2 will be the longest of the series so I would expect end of next year at the latest.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Binged all of Season 2 today.

Thought it was a huge step down from Season 1, a big shame. The worried vibe I had after finishing Season 1 came to pass. Really hope the inevitable Season 3 picks it up. And that all of it releases in one day, really hated this weekly and then break business. Just drop it all at once please!

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Good finale. The whole 'is he his father?' arc wrapped up nicely.

Didn't expect Michael Kiwanuka. Absolute banger.

www.youtube.com

Final Days

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupFinal Days · Michael KiwanukaKIWANUKA℗ A Polydor Records recording; ℗ 2019 Polydor LimitedReleased on: 2019-11-01...

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Nice emotional finale. Gonna be hard to wait a year or so. Eve saying "you don't deserve this" twice at the end kinda weirded me out but maybe there wasn't anything to it.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I dug this finale!
One thing that kinda does irk me a bit is how Mark is affected.
he kills the guy and feels remorse but he's beaten up other villains no problem to bloody pulp, killed other types of aliens without any issues, was kind of responsibly for getting a lot of humans killed in the fight with his dad aka the train scene but this is the situation that bothers him. The dude he killed as well wasn't truthfully human anymore. I get it he lost control but the guy didn't even beg for him to stop.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to add that I think the actors really nailed it this episode. Steven Yeun, Sanda Oh, and Sterling K. Brown deserve accolades for their performances.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because they made him lawyer friendly Spider-Man, here's the joke that got cut.

spider-man-meets-invincible.jpg

Which also had a follow-up that was in the show.

3nt8c4x3oui91.png

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kirkman has said the wait between seasons 1 and 2 will be the longest of the series so I would expect end of next year at the latest.

That would be awesome.

Though to keep myself in check I'm going to expect 2026 until otherwise haha.

Glad they confirmed the timeframe expectations though after this season. I'm sure it only took longer because of covid.

Elry09

Nov 11, 2017
I loved that they got Josh Keaton, who voiced Spidey in "The Spectacular Spider-Man" to play Agent Spider

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna really miss this show until the next season.

I was constantly checking when the second season was coming and couldn't help but rewatch the whole thing (twice!) before season 2.

I really just love everything it does, the humor is fantastic, the character depth is amazing on pretty much everyone, and I'm consistently surprised which is a rare thing for me with TV these days.

I even know some of where the story goes by spoiling the comic years ago, but thankfully I avoided a lot of the smaller stuff which is really where the show shines IMO.

Regarding this last episode and the final fight: I was glad to finally see Invincible beat the guy in the end after getting roughed up so often this season, but even in winning it still broke him down even more and made him realize he had to give up on his normal life dream of college.
It's all just just so well done. The only thing I wished we'd seen in the finale was seeing Shrinking Rae recovering a bit more, liking walking around or starting PT. I think we got scenes with everyone except her unless I missed it.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
It's all just just so well done. The only thing I wished we'd seen in the finale was seeing Shrinking Rae recovering a bit more, liking walking around or starting PT. I think we got scenes with everyone except her unless I missed it.

We only had a couple of shots in the later half of the season of Rae recovering in the hospital and still one quarter of her normal height, and unless if she suddenly gets a power up where she can re-grow back her muscle tissue and bone fibres, something tells me she isn't going to return to hero work next season.

Which is a bummer, as I want to see more of her from what bits we did see of Rae in this series, where her male counterpart in the comics was basically expendable.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Wtf? I didn't realize there were two threads for this lol.

I asked it in the other thread, but I'll ask here, too: why does Mark pull his hand away from Eve's? Is it because he doesn't want a repeat of what happened with him and Amber? Or because he felt shitty about what he did to Angstrom? Or both? Or something else entirely?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

I asked it in the other thread, but I'll ask here, too: why does Mark pull his hand away from Eve's? Is it because he doesn't want a repeat of what happened with him and Amber? Or because he felt shitty about what he did to Angstrom? Or both? Or something else entirely?

Let's put it this way. Say, over the course of like a week (give or take how time may work differently in the other universes), Mark...

• Meets a super yoked Allen again and learns about a war against the Viltrumites.
  • Finally gets a day off or two to spend with his girlfriend...
  • During said proper date, he meets another Viltrumite named Anissa that threatens to fucking KILL his girlfriend.
  • Gets a sold gold ass beating by Anissa who wasn't giving it her all.
  • Finally breaks up with his girlfriend, despite those two clearly still loving and caring for each other.
  • Gets a call from his mom that turns out to be some ugly ass monstrosity he doesn't even remember.
  • Gets sent to multiple different universes thanks to said butt ugly abomination (including the fucking FORTNITE universe where thousands of Marks were sent there by Angstrum at different points in time, The Walking Dead universe, a universe where he meets a legally distinct Spider-Man, the DCU Batman, and so forth...)
  • Finally snaps and absolutely pummels and kills said wince-inducing psychopath after he saw what he did to his mother and threatened to do bodily harm to his baby brother, and for awhile trapped himself in a dimension where everything was so desolate.
  • Eventually makes it back to his universe, but right before a future version of somebody he knows tells him that she loves him, and encourages him to tell the girl of his universe something, anything, so she can move on with her life.
  • Quits college and re-evaluates his whole life and how he got to this point.

Goddamn, somebody give this kid a hug, a weighted blanket, a hot cup of cocoa, and the best therapists money can buy. He's been through a whirlwind of emotions in such a short span of time, and is only going to get worse from here. He doesn't even know at this point if he's even attracted to Eve, never mind if he wants to start a new relationship or not, hence the hesitation. I also think Mark's not in the right head-space for romance in general right now.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Let's put it this way. Say, over the course of like a week (give or take how time may work differently in the other universes), Mark...

• Meets a super yoked Allen again and learns about a war against the Viltrumites.
  • Finally gets a day off or two to spend with his girlfriend...
  • During said proper date, he meets another Viltrumite named Anissa that threatens to fucking KILL his girlfriend.
  • Gets a sold gold ass beating by Anissa who wasn't giving it her all.
  • Finally breaks up with his girlfriend, despite those two clearly still loving and caring for each other.
  • Gets a call from his mom that turns out to be some ugly ass monstrosity he doesn't even remember.
  • Gets sent to multiple different universes thanks to said butt ugly abomination (including the fucking FORTNITE universe where thousands of Marks were sent there by Angstrum at different points in time, The Walking Dead universe, a universe where he meets a legally distinct Spider-Man, the DCU Batman, and so forth...)
  • Finally snaps and absolutely pummels and kills said wince-inducing psychopath after he saw what he did to his mother and threatened to do bodily harm to his baby brother, and for awhile trapped himself in a dimension where everything was so desolate.
  • Eventually makes it back to his universe, but right before a future version of somebody he knows tells him that she loves him, and encourages him to tell the girl of his universe something, anything, so she can move on with her life.
  • Quits college and re-evaluates his whole life and how he got to this point.

Goddamn, somebody give this kid a hug, a weighted blanket, a hot cup of cocoa, and the best therapists money can buy. He's been through a whirlwind of emotions in such a short span of time, and is only going to get worse from here. He doesn't even know at this point if he's even attracted to Eve, never mind if he wants to start a new relationship or not, hence the hesitation. I also think Mark's not in the right head-space for romance in general right now.

Yeah, that all makes sense. Also, it may not have been long enough yet for him to be over Amber, I mean even if he somehow wasn't affected by everything else.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah, that all makes sense. Also, it may not have been long enough yet for him to be over Amber, I mean even if he somehow wasn't affected by everything else.

Given that he was very upfront with those campers for what's been happening to him, it's a miracle that this situation wasn't Mark's super villain origin story.

Mark was trying to rationalize turning Angstom into pudding while slowly losing it, stranded in that desolate universe alone was really hard to watch.
If you remember that the time might flow differently in each universe, he could've been stuck in those different dimensions over the course of weeks, months, maybe even years). But Mark was stuck all alone in this universe it was like mere days, with blood and brain matter all over his body, contemplating every single decision of his, accepting his slow demise as he's stranded here with no way to go back, with the memory of a brutal murder piercing his brain like a leech.

"Oh no, I'll turn into a genocide machine" isn't a real fear normal people have. For Mark specifically, it's a very real fear because he not only has the physical capacity, he's closely related to someone that did it and now he has his first body count. And no matter how he rationalizes it, there's probably a part of him that enjoyed killing Angstrom, and that's the part that scares him the most.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't feel really like a season finale, but I guess they thought it's a good point to wait before starting the next arc.

On one hand, I'm happy S3 is allegedly coming out with a shorter wait time.
On the other, S2 animation felt really budget-y most of the time.
Many instances of dragging a still picture across like a you move it with your mouse. I'm sure they know it better than everyone given that joke they had couple episodes ago but yea still wish they'll have some smoother animation at least for the fight scenes.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The angstrom shit happened right after he broke up and Anissa
The last two episodes has been like a day
He needs to rest

Dec 2, 2021

It's both. They were leaning into the double meaning. First with the "I thought you were stronger" being both in reference to Angstrom and himself. Then with the "You don't deserve this" being both Mark doesn't deserve what's happening to him, but he also doesn't feel like he deserves Eve and what he considers to be frivolous things like college. Not at least until he feels like he has sufficient control over his powers.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a 'generic' one of the concept. It's Batman specifically that Mark speaks to, hence him being confused about the name

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't feel really like a season finale, but I guess they thought it's a good point to wait before starting the next arc.

On one hand, I'm happy S3 is allegedly coming out with a shorter wait time.
On the other, S2 animation felt really budget-y most of the time.
Many instances of dragging a still picture across like a you move it with your mouse. I'm sure they know it better than everyone given that joke they had couple episodes ago but yea still wish they'll have some smoother animation at least for the fight scenes.
I'll have to rewatch both season 1 and 2 but it does feel like the fight scenes kinda regressed in 2 which is unfortunate. I'd hope the supposed shorter turnaround for season 3 doesn't mean another dip in quality.

Then again each episode is one hour long so it's still an insane amount of work so I dunno what would be the best way to improve quality while keeping good work conditions (assuming the current ones are actually good).

lake

Oct 27, 2017
just watched S2, had been quite a while since seeing S1.

this show is weird. i think the aesthetics are kind of awful, super bland and lacking character, and the dialogue and line delivery often fall flat. but the Boys-like edginess, big-picture unpredictability, and sometimes bits of humor keep me just interested enough to stick with it. will see where S3 goes... eventually.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
There hasn't been officially confirmed information that the show is getting renewed for season 4 and 5. The post earlier was a based on the skybound investment thing, and has been deleted.

Oct 27, 2017
I just resubbed to Prime yesterday for some deliveries and binged episodes 5-8 last night and this morning. Some thoughts:
  • As always the voice acting is A+. Steven Yeun, Sandra Oh and JK Simmons are the standouts, but honestly everyone is excellent.
  • The fights are great, but it's the character moments I enjoy the most. Samson and Immortal talking after the funeral. Rex going to see Eve before the space mission (and managing to be both kind and sensitive and still an asshole!). Donald being the only one who can relate to the suicidal Rick. Cecil going to see Debbie, and Debbie and Mark talking about the space baby. It's all very well written and I'd love more of it next season.
  • How did one of the sequids survive? Is it implying that Shapesmith was actually working to bring them to earth? As there was one in his apartment, right?
  • I assume this means Immortal and Kate are now retired? The New Guardians team is really lame without them - especially the former, for obvious reasons. Feels like they need a couple more heavy hitters and ideally another Speedster. Red Rush was probably the most valuable support character on either team and they have no-one even close to that in the New Guardians.
  • Maybe it's because the season was split in half, but I don't think Angstrom Levy was a good finale villain, and I had not rewatched S2H1 so I had to Google his backstory as I barely remembered him at all. That's not necessarily the fault of the writers (because of the split) but I didn't get a good sense of his motivations or powers and it didn't seem like he should really be a threat to Mark. Plus with everything else going on it seemed a bit extraneous.
  • That Lizard League beatdown was brutal, but I found it a bit far-fetched that Rex survived. Dude got his left hand bitten off and a bullet clean through his skull and was still on his feet and quipping at the end of it while blood was squirting out of his skull. He obviously has very high durability (as far back as the New Guardians trials when Monster Girl is beating him) but they could have at least had him spend a couple of episodes in a hospital bed.
Maybe some other stuff too which I might comment on if I remember, but on the whole it was excellent and I look forward to S3. My favourite superhero thing at the moment.

Last edited: