• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it was clearly a concept-teaser type thing. They were pretty upfront about how early in development they are so it's no real surprise.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they show the first gameplay at this year's E3. A live demo gameplay like the God of War one would be great,

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard on a Death Stranding YongYea video that Yong talked to someone from Kojima Productions at E3, and the reason why there was no DS trailer at E3 was because of the voice actor strike.

I'm betting that is one of the major reasons TLOU's trailer was pushed back also.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Ellie singing with the guitar, I hope they keep that scene in somehow.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Ya I thought it was weird that ppl thought it was a part of the game. It was clearly created as a reveal trailer, from teasing who the characters are by only showing half their faces to the random dead bodies lying around while Ellie's singing. Not to mention slowly revealing the game was TLOU by showing the firefly symbol. Ya, clearly a reveal trailer.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
The first trailer was Ellie playing the guitar. He confirmed the PGW trailer is an actually cutscene ripped from the game.

We had a thread a couple of weeks back about this interview. SolidSnakex provided a nice summary.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ted-price-interviews-neil-druckmann.12328/
The first trailer, with Ellie playing the guitar, not the one shown recently at PGW.

Oh, omg

I'm sorry.

Oct 27, 2017
Ya I thought it was weird that ppl thought it was a part of the game. It was clearly created as a reveal trailer, from teasing who the characters are by only showing half their faces to the random dead bodies lying around while Ellie's singing. Not to mention slowly revealing the game was TLOU by showing the firefly symbol. Ya, clearly a reveal trailer.

Exactly. I did not think for once it was part of the game (cutscene we will see), and always thought it was just a 'reveal trailer'.

Oct 31, 2017
I wish more developers did ad hoc trailers, when everything is tailor made for the specific purpose of being a 2 minute trailer it really shows and the impact it has is greater that standard trailers, but I guess it's indeed more expensive to produce than just a nicely edited trailer of actual game scene so we can't always expect it.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Companies need to start revealing things within a reasonable time-frame, not a reveal, that means nothing, and then release 3-4 years later

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
This was known back when the PSX trailer was first revealed.

Shortly after that, Neil confirmed that it wasn't something from the game, but rather a tone-piece that illustrates the mood that they were going for.

Oct 27, 2017
But Ellie's still gonna murder the heck out of some folks, right?

Right out of Desperado! Guitar case and all.

2375632-7042846073-iNECR.gif

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty similar to the first Last of Us trailer, which also wasn't in-game. Since there's some confusion:

This was not in-game:

This is in-game

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing about how it was edited and presented felt like something that would be in the game. I imagine that event is still a part of the concept but plays out differently.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This was revealed like the day the trailer came out. Ashley Johnson said onstage "Neil had us make a non-canon trailer." He said "Shhh SHHHH." which pretty much confirmed it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Wait but the video went live on playstation youtube channel before the demo was even over how is that possible?
Direct feed e3 demos uploaded to YT channels rarely the exact playthrough that happened on stage. The way they get them up so fast is that they're already pre-uploaded before the demo is played onstage. They're also rehearsed to hell and back so any differences between the live playthrough and the one in the video are negligible at best unless it's an "alternate route" demo.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from just showing a tone they were going for, they've said another purpose for the trailer was to show off their new tech. Neil mentioned in the past htey really didn't want to get extreme closeups of characters faces because they wouldn't be animated properly. But their new tech allows for that type of animation. He said that Ellie has the single most complex character model of any SIE game.