• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah I don't remember the motivation for anyone or anything in S4

In S3 it seems like Savitar's motivation was to be a God, then he was like just joking I'm actually just a time remnant looking to survive.

Why did Savitar even have a cult of people worshiping him in the first place? And then they dropped it all after mid season anyway. It's like they wanted to be faithful to the comics and then just decided to go in a completely different direction.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I get that part but why go for making people dumb? Wouldn't it make more sense to want to raise their intelligence to make them enlightened or try to use science shit to destroy all tech out there so they focus on becoming more enlightened or something?

Lol I honestly forgot about that. Their motivation for it is somehow even dumber
The Idea was to basically restart humanity so that they would all listen to Devoe which of course forgets that humans are assholes but that's the pessimists in me and the other dumb shit

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
DeVoe also forgot that humans, no matter how braindead we are, still resort to unpredictable emotional actions.

Yeah the Cult of Savitar was just..... Went nowhere lol.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't remember the motivation for anyone or anything in S4

In S3 it seems like Savitar's motivation was to be a God, then he was like just joking I'm actually just a time remnant looking to survive.

Why did Savitar even have a cult of people worshiping him in the first place? And then they dropped it all after mid season anyway. It's like they wanted to be faithful to the comics and then just decided to go in a completely different direction.
Savitar was basically salty that team flash was dicks to him and decided being a God was cool because I don't have to feel bad

The cult existed because comic Savitar has a cult and I don't think they even said what does Savitar even does as a God or what he will do

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
DeVoe also forgot that humans, no matter how braindead we are, still resort to unpredictable emotional actions.

Yeah the Cult of Savitar was just..... Went nowhere lol.
The technology bad take is something I expect a 12 year old trying to be deep to say not two people with phds who are supposedly really smart

Like people went to war since caveman days what the hell does technology have to do with humanity being dicks it just makes it easier

Yeah the cult was a waste

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to be a God of Speed and then gets shot from behind by the love of his life...... What a turrible way to go, Punished Barry.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Savitar still wanted to be a god even after it was revealed he was a time revenant

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Savitar was basically salty that team flash was dicks to him and decided being a God was cool because I don't have to feel bad

The cult existed because comic Savitar has a cult and I don't think they even said what does Savitar even does as a God or what he will do
Yeah, Savitar was cooler before the reveal. I mean, being a god is a far fetched response to being lonely. Savitar post reveal feels like an entirely different character

Oct 26, 2017
The Idea was to basically restart humanity so that they would all listen to Devoe which of course forgets that humans are assholes but that's the pessimists in me and the other dumb shit
Well, to be fair, if he restarted humanity, then he could basically make himself out to be a God. With the vast difference in intellect and tech, it'd sure look like that to men with sticks and stones

Head Canon:

DeVoe turns everyone into mindless humans and he leads the human race into a new age of ENLIGHTENMENT. He sees himself as the smartest and brightest person on the planet so who else but him to lead the human race after the ENLIGHTENMENT, right?

Not sure on how he can reach everybody since he wanted to destroy technology also. His telepathy doesn't have that far of a reach where it's planetary either. So shrugs.
Well I suppose that actually does make sense. Still a rather extreme response towards what kicked it off in the first place but that at least helps show that his plan isn't as nonsensical as I thought

Well he himself would probably keep whatever tech he can, fiddle around, and just, I don't know, science his way towards reaching everyone on the planet. It makes no less sense than his IQ being so ridiculously high that he could practically predict everything...except for where emotions where involved, for some reason

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Flash Boss on Thawne Reveal: 'There Are More Twists Coming' in Finale — As Well as a 'Crisis' Crossover Tease?

the-flash-season-5-photos-15.jpg

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The commericals are messing with us. I think the fight with Thawne will be talk no jutsu and the finale fight is with Grace. Hell they might put him on a leash and make him the team pet for next season

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
THE FLASHNALE IS TONIGHT

⚡ GOTTA GO FAST ⚡

#5.22 "Legacy"
BARRY FACES OFF WITH CICADA II – Barry (Grant Gustin) faces off with his most formidable nemesis, Cicada II (guest star Sarah Carter). Gregory Smith directed the episode with story by Lauren Certo and teleplay by Todd Helbing & Eric Wallace.

the-flash-season-5-photos-1.jpg

the-flash-season-5-photos-9.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Whatever happened to them saying before the season started "Dont worry, Barrys suit will be getting upgraded and getting a chin strap)?

Was that all bullshit like most of this seasons writing?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The light catches both Barry and Ralph's suit so terribly. They look like suede or something. If you spilled a drink on those you'd just need to write them off.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
that stupid suit lol
Literally the first thing I looked at. It's so damn terrible on the eyes.. and because it's so red, your eyes are automatically drawn to it. Compared to everyone else in the pic, he looks like some guy in a party city suit that showed up by accident.

I hope Thawne makes fun of it.
Here's hoping.

Im still annoyed they didnt go with this armored look
Soooo much better. Added bonus, for a guy that gets punched and thrown into walls constantly, you'd think a bit more armor would be the first thing they'd do. But speed healing, something something.

Whatever happened to them saying before the season started "Dont worry, Barrys suit will be getting upgraded and getting a chin strap)?

Was that all bullshit like most of this seasons writing?
It was obvious by the half way point in the season that they weren't going to do anything about it. Still hoping it gets destroyed in the finale and they debut a new one next season.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It was obvious by the half way point in the season that they weren't going to do anything about it. Still hoping it gets destroyed in the finale and they debut a new one next season.
Its just ridiculous that they essentially said "Dont worry that the mask looks shit, he will get that upgraded during the season" yet we have one episode left and nothing has happened.

Just feels like they were lying to the fans to shut them up which given the quality of the season makes me think they dont deserve any support.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Its just ridiculous that they essentially said "Dont worry that the mask looks shit, he will get that upgraded during the season" yet we have one episode left and nothing has happened.

Just feels like they were lying to the fans to shut them up which given the quality of the season makes me think they dont deserve any support.
The bolded is probably correct.
If Cisco leaves, who's going to make a new suit?
Luke Fox, Wayne Tech, Nora again.. take your pick.

edit:
Or fucking super AI Gideon with future knowledge who they turned into a storage room

• Parting gift from Thawne because he's embarrassed for Barry.
"With that suit on, I'm embarrassed to call you my arch nemesis..."

Loki_Ohhh.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I keep saying Season 4s suit was perfect. Looked nice when just standing around and not as awkward lol. I hope this suit does get destroyed.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"Most formidable nemesis" my ass. Cicada is a villain of the week-level meta who somehow got boosted to the top of the ticket and she's still overshadowed by a depowered Thawne.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
"Most formidable nemesis" my ass. Cicada is a villain of the week-level meta who somehow got boosted to the top of the ticket and she's still overshadowed by a depowered Thawne.

Lol. I chuckled when I read the first part.

Talk no Jutsu is going to be what ends this season. Then it turns out Thawne is trying to save everybody and trying to restore the original timeline (not at all likely but it would be shenanigans nonetheless).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Have fun, folks. Can't watch the episode 'til it gets uploaded to the app, so...

I'll see you in six hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.