• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
While far from perfect, Afterlife had some great moments particularly in the first half. I'll watch a sequel.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Ok then. Afterlife was a movie I kinda liked, but I hope this one gets a little more busty. Hopefully they got most of the nostalgia bait out of the way and can maybe…. maybe venture into expanding the universe a bit more

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
After Afterlife.

I enjoyed it quite a lot, but yeah I hope there's something fresh in there.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Is Ernie Hudson going to be in it? There were some media reports a few weeks ago that they couldn't come to a deal.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Afterlife was fun in the beginning, then took a horrible dive into nostalgia bait that ruined the entire thing.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of half-hated Afterlife but I think I could be into this depending on the direction now that they got the nostalgia out of the way. I really hope they don't just rerun a bunch of GB2 stuff this time.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear, but I'm echoing the sentiment from a few posters above; is Ernie Hudson in this one for a bigger role? I really like Winston and seeing how well his character did in Afterlife makes me want to see him take a more hands-on role, especially after bankrolling the firehouse refurb.

Oct 27, 2017
Afterlife isn't the most rewatchable film for me but I do LOVE the look of it, like the car against the dusk sky and horizon with the modern particle beam fidelity and lighting. (Basically the cover? Lol)

Just hard to get into with the nostalgia bait when it includes the mom all of a sudden having Dana's golden dress so it's a ghost dress and not what Dana was gonna wear on the date while the Keymaster in both the original and Afterlife just get their own tattered clothes.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. First one was a good but flawed first step. Hopefully this one is a good improvement now that the groundwork is laid.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what the sequel could be divorced from all the ties to the first one. I mean they can't bring back everyone again, can they?

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
I still havent watched Afterlife. Was this the one that only ever hit some weird streamer?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked the cast in the first one but the film was somewhat hollow and a retread with a long run time which didn't do it any favours. It had heart though and some nice touches and moments, just hope there is new stuff in this one.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched Afterlife last week and really enjoyed it, but I do hope the sequel is a little more original as the nostalgia trip can only go so far.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
Only good movie Gil Keenan made that i know of is Monster House,will wait for the first trailer to get excited

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
dance-bill.gif

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as the first one was basically just "remember when..." I don't have high hopes.

It will probably just be a Vigo rehash with some slime thrown in.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
After three sequels I didn't particularly care for, I'm over Ghostbusters.
Beyond the pandering nostalgia, Afterlife was aimed more towards kids anyway and I assume this will be similar. And that's fine.

Feb 15, 2023
I really like 2016 and Afterlife, because I'll take anything Ghostbusters and have a low bar. But yup if The Real Ghostbusters and the comics prove there's more to the franchise than nostalgia. Looking forward to something new.

Although I will say much as I enjoy Afterlife, the original film wasn't really aimed at kids… it kind of sticks out from its following films even more because of it as unique.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can it get by without the Nostalgia Clutch, or is it going to delve even harder into the Nostalgia Hole?

I place my bet on the Nostalgia Hole.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it would be full of nostalgia bait again. Afterlife was a very good relaunch, they tried to please old fans while introducing the new generation, I have a good feeling the sequel won't be that much shackled to the past. I mean we'll obviously get fanservice with the HQ and maybe some cameos but it only makes sense, and idk, I feel confident that the heart of the movie will be fresh.
Personally I'd like if they tried to go closer to the tone of the original but that may be hard with a young cast. They can reach for it though, give it a new spin.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
So they're continuing the premise of kids being ghostbusters with minimal humor? Meh.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Sony is so fucking stupid.

They are absolutely going to try and rush this for December rather than give it the time it needs, resulting in a mess of a movie for a key franchise that they are desperate to revive.

I get they want the Christmas time box office boost because Ghostbusters just can't draw an audience otherwise, but August 2024 is wide open.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Afterlife is getting a sequel, but OVER THE FUCKING MOON Gil Keenan is directing.

Seriously, Monster House is one of my all time favorite animated films. period.

Literally watched it hundreds of times over the past nearly 20 years with my family and it's endlessly quotable :)