Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

My daughter is a long time Scout and this makes me ill. The Girl Scouts are a non-partisan organization. They are wonderful and do such positive things. They allow transgender and non-binary girls. They support Black Lives Matter. Our troop has volunteered and donated to animal shelters, homeless families, etc.

On the other hand-as tradition they've also had a presence at all Presidential Inaugurations - including Donald Trump. They say they don't take a side but I see this as a bad look. I feel like if she had her way, ACB would completely dismantle everything the Girl Scouts stand for.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
"nonpolitical" doesn't exist in this climate, especially when you're praising the newest SCOTUS justice that was only installed because of a political shitshow

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
dbexu64-dec9da5d-b5b5-4c10-8633-a5950de520d4.gif

Being non-poltical doesn't make you courageous or anything, it's cowardice and privileged complacence.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe there's only been 5. US is really behind in gender representation in the federal government.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulating ACB is, de facto, a partisan statement.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
shes a woman and its great that more women are in positions of power but being a woman is not reason enough for celebration in a position that can cause so much harm to everyone. this woman has already shown shes willingly to harm tons of people including women. she should not be celebrated.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Man this is so shitty. Whats even more stupid is Hannity and Tucker will lead tonight with "Liberals want to cancel GIRL SCOUT COOKIES"

Just pure dumbass tweet.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"Keep scrolling?" Yeah, I will. I'll go buy the Keebler knock-offs of Girl Scout Cookies too instead of giving them any money.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
non-political but publically celebrating an illegitimate Justice that's been confirmed literally a week before the election in order to influence the election results.

but you're non-political, yeah.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't they be congratulating her husband on becoming the 5th woman on the Supreme Court?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

My daughter is a long time Scout and this makes me ill. The Girl Scouts are a non-partisan organization. They are wonderful and do such positive things. They allow transgender and non-binary girls. They support Black Lives Matter. Our troop has volunteered and donated to animal shelters, homeless families, etc.

On the other hand-as tradition they've also had a presence at all Presidential Inaugurations - including Donald Trump. They say they don't take a side but I see this as a bad look. I feel like if she had her way, ACB would completely dismantle everything the Girl Scouts stand for.

da fuq. Usually it's the Boy Scouts that gets railed on, while the Girl Scouts get praised. Yikes

Nov 2, 2017
It's sadly not surprising behavior. The Girl Scouts have a partnership with Raytheon, basically pitching the idea of leveraging girl power by going to work for the military-industrial complex.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! Congratulate the hag that will contribute to the fuckery against women and minorities for years to come! Cool move.