Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
rFbvlPp.png

l5QPX7.gif

It's been a long time since you've seen your parents, hasn't it? Not to worry, girls. Just listen to the voice on the intercom. Do what they say. They've provided you a home. They've provided you food. They will make you into good girls. This old house has never treated you wrong, now has it? Now be good girls, all of you. The Master will need you to be strong during these troubling times.
● Fixed camera angles to escalate the dread- you never know what you'll find waiting just around the corner…
● Nostalgic PS2 graphics, with thematic and mechanical nods to classic survival horror games.
● Eldritch secrets lurk in the bowels of this house…drag them into the light.
● Put together the pieces of a haunting story by collecting letters from the past, unraveling the mystery of the mansion and its dark history.

$9.99, all platforms

Switch
www.nintendo.com

The Glass Staircase for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy The Glass Staircase and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Xbox One | Series S/X

Buy The Glass Staircase | Xbox

The Glass Staircase is an homage to survival horror and Italian zombie movies.

PlayStation 4/5

The Glass Staircase

A homage to PS2 survival horror and Italian zombie movies

Remember:
Good girls take their medicine.
Good girls do their chores.
Good girls go home.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been on PC for years: https://puppetcombo.itch.io/glass-staircase

Doesn't seem to be on Steam, though.
puppetcombo.itch.io

The Glass Staircase by Puppet Combo

A terrifying homage to Silent Hill, PS2 survival horror and the zombie VHS tapes you rented as a kid.
it released in 2019 on itch and puppetcombos Patreon

puppetcombo.itch.io

The Glass Staircase by Puppet Combo

A terrifying homage to Silent Hill, PS2 survival horror and the zombie VHS tapes you rented as a kid.

it's being ported to consoles
Oh damn, I'll take a look! Serves me right for only checking steam.

Dreamyard

Jul 15, 2020
Always buy Puppet Combo games day one. Want to see all the games eventually hit console, especially Power Drill Massacre and Babysitter Bloodbath. Hell, I'd double-dip for these if they ever come out with a physical collection.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Oh yeah this looks awesome. Is it awesome?
vibes lean slightly towards Rule of Rose at times, but with puppet combos signature scares mixed in

if you like fixed camera horror then you'll dig this, uses them to full advantage to build tension

length is about 1.5 hours or so for a first playthrough id say, give or take

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I still haven't played this game. Does it have controller support on pc? Might load the itch copy up on the steam deck later after I go through crow country.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard about this one before this thread, Combo really got a lotta stuff going back a ways huh?

Will check this out on PC, thanks Fat4all

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Never heard about this one before this thread, Combo really got a lotta stuff going back a ways huh?
sure do, they're always working on smaller projects and tech demos that may or may not become full games

and being patreon funded means they also get a lot of feedback from their tech demos and can refine stuff over time

they got a LOT of stuff that probably wont ever be a full game, but it's all still neat

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh that's neat. Game has some really nice Giallo vibes, although I recall the combat being pretty damn rough compare to other PC titles.

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
Oh wow this snuck up on me.

I need more SH-likes with moody rain and fog and RE-likes with waxy, uncanny backgrounds.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The legs clipping through the dress irrationally annoys me. Big fan of puppet combo though I'll add to wish list for now and get it laters

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
Still have 800 coins on eshop, this will be an incredible 1.99€ purchase, Italian horror directors are my safe space, going in immediately:)

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I require impressions. It's taking a lot of willpower to not impulsively buy this and Crow Country. I've got too much to play.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I had some funds left over from System Shock so this was an instant purchase.

I need to keep an eye on sales for the other recent Puppet Combo ports to PS as I have slacked off.

Oct 27, 2017
Had fun playing this on itch a few years ago. Solid, even if the back half got a little dodgy. I think it would be more at home on consoles, so I'm glad it's getting ported. Horror fans should give it a spin!