• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
The Good Place creator Mike Schur has reunited with the hit comedy's star Ted Danson for The Mole Agent, a new serialized comedy, which has hit the premium/streaming marketplace, sparking heated bidding, sources tell Deadline. The project is based on the 2020 Chilean feature documentary The Mole Agent and hails from Schur's longtime studio home, Universal Television. I hear the networks/platforms pursuing the show include Netflix, Apple TV+, Prime Video and HBO/Max.
Written by Schur, The Mole Agent would star Danson as an older guy hired by a PI to go undercover at a nursing home, I hear. Schur and Denson are expected to executive produce with 3 Arts' David Miner and Morgan Sackett. Universal TV had not comment.
The Mole Agent documentary, directed by Maite Alberdi, was screened at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival and went on to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Documentary Feature. It also was selected as the Chilean entry for Best International Feature Film, making the shortlist in the category.

In the docu, a PI, Rómulo, hires an elderly man, Sergio, to go undercover in a nursing home in El Monte, Chile to investigate a claim by the PI's client that her mother had been mistreated by staff. While at the home, the man forges relationships with its residents and learns their secrets.
deadline.com

Mike Schur Comedy Series Starring Ted Danson Based On ‘The Mole Agent’ Documentary Sparks Bidding War

EXCLUSIVE: The Good Place creator Mike Schur has reunited with the hit comedy’s star Ted Danson for The Mole Agent, a new serialized comedy, which has hit the premium/streaming marketplace, s…

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'd watch this. It might be a great opportunity to grab some older actors who've all but retired to have a fairly easy job. It'd also be awesome if we could get cameos from the rest of The Good Place cast every now and then.

Imagine Jason being the director of the nursing facility.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Will definitely give it a shot. Still kind of sad Rutherford Falls got cancelled.
And he was Mose Schrute
giphy.gif

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
If Mike Schur is in, I'm in.

Bring D'Arcy Carden and Amy Poehler sometime though, buddy!

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I guess Mr. Mayor got canceled last year after two seasons (Ted Danson NBC sitcom from Tina Fey, Robert Carlock).

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I hope Apple wins the bidding war. It's a good fit for them and they will let it run its course.

Unless this is only planned as one season, in which case Netflix is fine. 😂

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Michael Schur doesn't miss. I'm in on whatever he does. Dude has had an insane track record, can't wait!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Watch the original "The Mole Agent" movie plz, it's really good - a mix of fiction and documentary.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Mike Schur has made 3 of my favorite TV shows and worked on one that I absolutely hate.

But I mean, when you did Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, AND Parks and Rec, whats a small blemish like The Office?

More seriously, I have to watch this. I work in a nursing home so it'd be funny to see.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Everything from Ken Tremendous is tremendous.

This show was pretty entertaining -- worth a watch if you enjoy sitcoms at all. Bobby Moynihan was always hilarious.
Yeah it had that 30 Rock workplace flavor that Kimmy Schmidt was missing, I'm bummed it got cancelled

I hope Apple wins the bidding war. It's a good fit for them and they will let it run its course.

Unless this is only planned as one season, in which case Netflix is fine. 😂
My exact thoughts lol, I can hardly believe The Good Place lasted 4 seasons and told a complete story on TV. In todays bullshit streaming landscape? Jesus.

Oct 30, 2017
Mike Schur track record is just gold.

The Good Place ended up being one of my favorite shows.

It is absolutely hilarious and it still made me cry by the end.

Like "Ow", that final episode has stayed with me since. The show left such a existential crisis in me.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018

Like "Ow", that final episode has stayed with me since. The show left such a existential crisis in me.

Same. I pretty much cannot watch Season 4 and some of Season 3 anymore because I get too emotional.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish

Show went from silly to surprisingly deeply philosophical (but still silly). When I realized the direction they were hinting things were going, I really didn't think they'd follow through. I'm really glad they did.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017

The Good Place is #1 on my list of "good shows that stuck the landing". That last episode is just absolute perfection. Chidi's commentary in particular.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Mike Schur has made 3 of my favorite TV shows and worked on one that I absolutely hate.

But I mean, when you did Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, AND Parks and Rec, whats a small blemish like The Office?

More seriously, I have to watch this. I work in a nursing home so it'd be funny to see.
The Office had a rough tapering off period for sure, but wasn't Michael Schur involved with Seasons 2-5 as well? I was under the impression that he worked on the full run of the series.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Mike Schur's interview on Conan's podcast got me to read his book 'How to Be Perfect' last year, despite not watching much of the of the shows he created (just didn't have the time lol).

Found it to be a great read, loved it.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Synopsis doesn't do anything for me but it's Mike Schur so day 1.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
The Office had a rough tapering off period for sure, but wasn't Michael Schur involved with Seasons 2-5 as well? I was under the impression that he worked on the full run of the series.
Its a joke, I find the show in this weird in between of being too mean-spirited and wanting the audience to like the characters. Kinda like if It's Always Sunny treated the Gang like they're the good guys

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone here actually watch Rutherford Falls? Was it good? It's the only Schur joint I haven't seen