stufte

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You can't just say, "they're not part of it" because they truly represent a large size of the community considering the size of the audiences.

Actually I can say that. The people who play the games (and the people who watch the games being played) are not the same as the industry who creates the games.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Actually I can say that. The people who play the games (and the people who watch the games being played) are not the same as the industry who creates the games.
So what about:

Assassin's Creed unable to make a female player model

"Kekistan" item in Destiny

Female character models in a lot of games that draw huge criticsms

Link CANNOT be a girl

Princess Peach is always helpless

The numerous issues brought up by Anita Sarkesian

Developers are mostly men who don't entertain other perspectives

I could go on but those are easily highlighted from my memory. Like, you're deluding yourself if you think the game development is great for everyone and it has a good track record with representation and good representation at that. Like, bikini armor isn't just in 1 game.

stufte

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So what about:

Link CANNOT be a girl

Developers are mostly men

I could go on but those are easily highlighted from my memory. Like, you're deluding yourself if you think the game development is great for everyone and it has a good track record with representation and good representation at that. Like, bikini armor isn't just in 1 game.

You have a very shallow understanding of the video game industry.

Assassin's Creed unable to make a female player model - For a game that was well into production, the way this was communicated was weak. They made a female character for the follow-up game.

"Kekistan" item in Destiny - This one COULD have been intentional, but it likely wasn't.

Female character models in a lot of games that draw huge criticsms - subjective.

Link CANNOT be a girl - if Nintendo doesn't want to make Link a girl, that's their choice.

Princess Peach is always helpless - Not always.

The numerous issues brought up by Anita Sarkesian - Some good some bad, but all subjective.

Developers are mostly men - That's changing.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017

Assassin's Creed unable to make a female player model - For a game that was well into production, the way this was communicated was weak. They made a female character for the follow-up game.

"Kekistan" item in Destiny - This one COULD have been intentional, but it likely wasn't.

Female character models in a lot of games that draw huge criticsms - subjective.

Link CANNOT be a girl - if Nintendo doesn't want to make Link a girl, that's their choice.

The numerous issues brought up by Anita Sarkesian - Some good some bad, but all subjective.

Yeah. Ubisoft added female models after the shit mountain they got.

Criticism of female models by women is subjective? Hmmmm

Link is confirmed based off weird ass logic even though he is reincarnated. Also, you should read the logic they put forth. Makes you reaaaaally wonder.

Princess Peach is mostly helpless. Is that better?

Some good. Some bad. All subjective. Hmmm...

Like, you are going to great lengths to defend an industry with numerous social and cultural problems. Like, at a certain point you gotta ask, "why are these criticisms always brought up?"

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kek in Destiny wasn't intentional and that GAF thread was a complete embarrassment and overreaction.

Even when it was explained by Bungie we had conspiracy theories and calling them liars.

stufte

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Criticism of female models by women is subjective? Hmmmm

Link is confirmed based off weird ass logic even though he is reincarnated. Also, you should read the logic they put forth. Makes you reaaaaally wonder.

Princess Peach is mostly helpless. Is that better?

Some good. Some bad. All subjective. Hmmm...

Like, you are going to great lengths to defend an industry with numerous social and cultural problems. Like, at a certain point you gotta ask, "why are these criticisms always brought up?"

Yeah. Ubisoft added female models after the shit mountain they got. - Which, IMO they shouldn't have to do if they don't want to.

Criticism of female models by women is subjective? Hmmmm - Hmmmm what?

Link is confirmed based off weird ass logic even though he is reincarnated. Also, you should read the logic they put forth. Makes you reaaaaally wonder. - Doesn't matter, it's their decision.

Princess Peach is mostly helpless. Is that better? - Yes, kinda.

Some good. Some bad. All subjective. Hmmm... Hmmm what?

Like, you are going to great lengths to defend an industry with numerous social and cultural problems. Like, at a certain point you gotta ask, "why are these criticisms always brought up?" - I'm defending an industry that I know better than you about.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Ubisoft added female models after the shit mountain they got. - Which, IMO they shouldn't have to do if they don't want to.

Criticism of female models by women is subjective? Hmmmm - Hmmmm what?

Link is confirmed based off weird ass logic even though he is reincarnated. Also, you should read the logic they put forth. Makes you reaaaaally wonder. - Doesn't matter, it's their decision.

Princess Peach is mostly helpless. Is that better? - Yes, kinda.

Some good. Some bad. All subjective. Hmmm... Hmmm what?

Like, you are going to great lengths to defend an industry with numerous social and cultural problems. Like, at a certain point you gotta ask, "why are these criticisms always brought up?" - I'm defending an industry that I know better than you about.
You're deflecting a lot here. Ubisoft needed to add those models. It's the right thing to do.

They are criticizes by women. You call their criticisms as subjective to downplay their voices.

"What would Link do?" Also Link can be anything like a wolf or deku shrub but not a woman. Got it. Link is designed to save the Princess because the creators think that is what men are supposed to do and women need saving.

That's better? Peach being mostly useless? I am starting to get a better understanding of your thought process now.

Again. Using the subjective comment to downplay a woman's criticism on the game industrty.

Now you play the authority card. Like, you're downplaying issues like they're nothing. You should do some reflecting.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
To be honest I dont know why people are so proud of being far right conservatists while it is actually embarassing. Being far right is always associated with narrow minded, racism, bigotry to some kind of certain people. At least that's how it is in my country

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Lord. Some perspective is in order. stufte says that this forum skews so far left that everything outside of it looks extreme right. Then after he says that, he gets dogpiled and labeled alt-right. If that isn't a great example of his very point, I don't know what is. We can have a discussion about the degree to which toxicity pervades a culture and industry without immediately assuming anyone who disagrees with the orthodoxy is an agent of a vast alt-right army.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Not to pull the 'hey one point in your argument is false, so the rest is bs" but the overly sexualized female model thing im pretty sure we moved past on it just being 'subjective'. While we've moved forward, there's plenty of ways to go particularly in that category.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Lord. Some perspective is in order. stufte says that this forum skews so far left that everything outside of it looks extreme right. Then after he says that, he gets dogpiled and labeled alt-right. If that isn't a great example of his very point, I don't know what is. We can have a discussion about the degree to which toxicity pervades a culture and industry without immediately assuming anyone who disagrees with the orthodoxy is an agent of a vast alt-right army.
Anyone who says women criticizing female models is subjective (a way to downplay the criticisms) definitely deserves an eyebrow raise.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017

There was an Assassin's Creed with a female protagonist years before the Unity controversy. And adding a female protagonist to the next game apparently doesn't count, because reasons. Even though Evie was an awesome character who totally stole the show over her useless brother. The series started with a protagonist from the Middle East, AC3 features a Native American, and the latest entry stars a black man. There's also AC Freedom Cry, and Chronicles India/China if you want to count DLC and spinoffs. If you're going to complain about a lack of diversity in a game series, I don't think AC is the best one to attack.

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Anyone who says women criticizing female models is subjective (a way to downplay the criticisms) definitely deserves an eyebrow raise.
Are you even reading what you're writing? It's certainly not objective. It has to be subjective otherwise it is not subject to critique by a value system. You WANT it to be a subjective statement.

stufte

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You're deflecting a lot here. Ubisoft needed to add those models. It's the right thing to do.

They are criticizes by women. You call their criticisms as subjective to downplay their voices.

"What would Link do?" Also Link can be anything like a wolf or deku shrub but not a woman. Got it. Link is designed to save the Princess because the creators think that is what men are supposed to do and women need saving.

That's better? Peach being mostly useless? I am starting to get a better understanding of your thought process now.

Again. Using the subjective comment to downplay a woman's criticism on the game industrty.

Now you play the authority card. Like, you're downplaying issues like they're nothing. You should do some reflecting.

Oh ffs. Ubi doesn't need to do anything it doesn't want to.

You didn't say "criticized by women" in your first post, but even so, women aren't a monolith.

The link debate is pointless, and you can again read my statement of "it's their choice"

So now I'm bad for (sorta) relenting to the Peach thing. Bravo.

Women can criticize the game industry, the can also be wrong about it. Shocking I know.

I play the authority card because I am an authority. I know what I'm talking about.

Just say what you want to say instead of beating around the bush about it.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Women aren't a hivemind. Subjective as in it may be the opinions of that individual woman, or that woman plus other women who agree.

Just because you can find a woman or women who say things you agree with doesn't mean that's discussion over and anyone who dares challenge your stance is some closet suspect worthy of your "eyebrow raising". That's confirmation bias and arrogance in play. As long as someone is being respectful challenging your or others opinions that is the basis of subjective debate.

You'll find it hard to suggest there is an objective stance on say Bayonetta. Some women like Bayonetta, others won't. No one is necessarily wrong, and as long as everyone argues respectfully that character in particular is rife with subjective views depending on your personal feelings and tolerance for sex and sexuality.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Still reading through but completely disagree with all of the below. Otherwise there is some good points in the article.

First, rightwing ideologies have been overrepresented and dominant throughout the history of video games. Although affected by context, video games have long focused on the expulsion of "aliens" (Space Invaders to XCOM), fear of impure infection (Half-Life to The Last of Us), border control (Missile Commander to Plants vs Zombies), territory acquisition (Command & Conquerto Splatoon), empire building (Civilization to Tropico), princess recovery (Mario to Zelda), and restoration of natural harmony (Sonic to FarmVille).

Saw it was The Guardian, expected something exactly like this.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Are you even reading what you're writing? It's certainly not objective. It has to be subjective otherwise it is not subject to critique by a value system. You WANT it to be a subjective statement.
There's subjective and subjective. Calling the amount of criticisms against overly sexualized models subjective is an easy way to downplay the arguments put forth. Nuance is removed and the argument of "it is subjective" is had to deflect from the obvious issues that is female models and outfits designed by men throughout the industry. Again, bikini armor doesn't exist in 1 game.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with you, am I alt-right or a Gamergater?

I'm talking about alt-right and GamerGate being widespread on online gaming discussion. It's not, I disagree with these people so they are, but they use the same type of rhetoric that is promoting their ideals, which is steeped in racism, sexism and fascism. You then said maybe you just don't find those ideals bad. So yeah, I have no idea if that is you or not.

Hahahahahahahaha I'm done here, You have no rebuttal to my argument and are just spouting out buzzwords. There's good people out there getting unfairly labeled and criticized for no reason other than because they play games and that's just unfair, but keep perpetuating that truth so they can get can get some more abuse eh

Whataboutism isn't a buzzword. It means trying to deflect an argument by saying 'but what about...' which is what you were doing by trying to bring in tv and other mediums. We aren't talking about that. They are irrelevant to the discussion of the proliferation of ring wing ideology in online gaming discussion and circles.

weltalldx

Feb 23, 2018
I find it disappointing that news outlet have to resort to clickbait articles like these to stay relevant. Any reader with some knowledge of videogames can clearly see the many fallacies and half truths the article is trying to present. It is no wonder many invididuals now do not trust the news media; there is so much slant, bias and misrepresentation going on.

The whole premise of this article can be discounted by the fact that the article implied that only Western developers make videogames.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw it was The Guardian, expected something exactly like this.

The Guardian is normally a pretty decent left wing source, although I quite like The Independent. The author of this article seems a bit whacky in his other work so it's probably just going to be chalked up as one dodgy article amongst many better ones.

stufte

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's not, I disagree with these people so they are, but they use the same type of rhetoric that is promoting their ideals, which is steeped in racism, sexism and fascism. You then said maybe you just don't find those ideals bad.

I never said I don't find those ideals bad. But you were happy to assume things about me, which helps me understand where your line is.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. Individuals like that do not represent my industry and are not at all part of "the industry". Twitch might have a huge problem, but that's not the video game industry. And I'm not sure who you're watching on twitch, because the ones I watch are very strict in chat and don't tolerate shit like you're saying.
I think you've been getting misinterpreted a lot, but here is where I don't agree. Like, you've said stuff that's perfectly fine, but you can't claim GG is not part of the industry when people like Tim Soret and Daniel Vavra are a part of it.

I also maintain that not speaking out against GG by name is complicity and that's been the case for major companies like Sony and Nintendo. Though I doubt Japan has the same kind of infiltration that America and Europe have had with the alt-right (but sometimes you do get situations like that one anime director being a holocaust denier). There are absolutely GGers hired and employed all over the place.

I mean the creator of one of the most popular games of all time (Notch) is a total fucking GG-ish shithead.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never said I don't find those ideals bad. But you were happy to assume things about me, which helps me understand where your line is.

You set yourself up for that assumption, meaning to or not. I was very explicit in that I was referring to GamerGate/alt-right, and you made that statement amidst that. *Shrug* So you either chose your words poorly or were trying to downplay the extreme belief systems of those groups as mere opinion

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Oh ffs. Ubi doesn't need to do anything it doesn't want to.

You didn't say "criticized by women" in your first post, but even so, women aren't a monolith.

The link debate is pointless, and you can again read my statement of "it's their choice"

So now I'm bad for (sorta) relenting to the Peach thing. Bravo.

Women can criticize the game industry, the can also be wrong about it. Shocking I know.

I play the authority card because I am an authority. I know what I'm talking about.

Just say what you want to say instead of beating around the bush about it.
You keep saying subjective in such a broad way. I am actually quite curious, out of all the criticisms about character models and women criticizing the industry as a whole, what makes you have this broad opinion that they are subjective and can be wrong? Like, for such tiny responses we are exchanging you are emphasizing the subjectivity and how they can be wrong, so what criticisms and what not make you sway that way?

stufte

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think you've been getting misinterpreted a lot, but here is where I don't agree. Like, you've said stuff that's perfectly fine, but you can't claim GG is not part of the industry when people like Tim Soret and Daniel Vavra are a part of it.

I work with a LOT of people I disagree with both morally and intellectually. This doesn't make them bad people, nor do they represent the industry (I don't either). Claiming that "the industry" has major problems is false IMO, because no one person represents it. There's good and bad to be had, but it's mostly good.

You keep saying subjective in such a broad way. I am actually quite curious, out of all the criticisms about character models and women criticizing the industry as a whole, what makes you have this broad opinion that they are subjective and can be wrong? Like, for such tiny responses we are exchanging you are emphasizing the subjectivity and how they can be wrong, so what criticisms and what not make you sway that way?

Because most of what you brought to the table IS subjective. Nothing you posted was an objective truth.

You and others are arguing with me in bad faith. It's some sort of attempt to mark me as a bad seed, to get me to say something bannable instead of engaging with me honestly.

I'll stop engaging now.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
My issue really is the author seems to have just gone through the top selling/lead franchises to make his point.

pro-imperialism? throw in 4x games in there. I mean Civilization is among the most progressive of the bunch in terms of hopeful rhetoric, de-emphasis on war , inclusion but why is it in there?
Xcom as an analog of fear of foreigners? So are all alien movies now also right wing?

There's gem in there somewhere, but instead of a nuanced discussion about the dude bro culture around games that sell 100x more to young adults than Civ, we get pretty much every single top tier video game thrown under the bus.

That's not ok.

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
There's subjective and subjective.
Congratulations: this is nonsense.
Calling the amount of criticisms against overly sexualized models subjective is an easy way to downplay the arguments put forth. Nuance is removed and the argument of "it is subjective" is had to deflect from the obvious issues that is female models and outfits designed by men throughout the industry. Again, bikini armor doesn't exist in 1 game.
Again, I don't think you're even reading what you're writing. stufte is criticizing a statement. A dialectic refines known truth by synthesizing between the thesis and the antithesis. You are nullifying his criticism. Who is the one removing nuance?

If you can't even form a coherent sentence, how can I trust you to make a serious judgment of the state of the world or especially stufte's character? If it sounds like I'm attacking you, it's because I am. He's made the choice to put his place of employment on his profile and his identity is known to administrators, which is a serious risk on his behalf. If you're going to equate him with people who are literally marching to rid the US of Jewish influence and risk his entire livelihood, you better have a serious reason to do so, or else you're just another chaotic and malignant force rampagining across the internet who chooses to do so because he has nothing to lose.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I work with a LOT of people I disagree with both morally and intellectually. This doesn't make them bad people, nor do they represent the industry (I don't either). Claiming that "the industry" has major problems is false IMO, because no one person represents it. There's good and bad to be had, but it's mostly good.
Here is where you lose me. Daniel Vavra is flat out a bad person. Notch is FLAT OUT, 100%, a bad person. Even if you think they don't represent the industry, if they champion a sexual harassment movement, and say the things they say... they're not good people.

Also, you should be concerned about this, because if people like that get into leadership positions, it has massive ramifications for hiring policies, workplace atmosphere, and power dynamics. Brad Wardell's shitty behavior at Stardock, for example, is well-documented and the industry would be better without him in it.

trashhero

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Saint-Petersburg
pro-imperialism? throw in 4x games in there.
That's actually one of the points i wish was more explored. Games like Stellaris and Hearts of Iron allow you to basically role-play as fascist dictator, and if you look at the community surrounding this games, especially on youtube, it can very problematic. Even Civ, praised for being inclusive, still has barbarians, which are treated like subhumans, incapable of building civilization.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because most of what you brought to the table IS subjective. Nothing you posted was an objective truth.

You and others are arguing with me in bad faith. It's some sort of attempt to mark me as a bad seed, to get me to say something bannable instead of engaging with me honestly.

I'll stop engaging now.

Denying the industry has an issue after the firestorm of GamerGate, something that helped the proliferation of the alt-right into the mainstream, raises a huge red flag, so yeah, it probably is better if you just stop. There's no way anyone can make that statement without being blissfully ignorant or much worse

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Oh no, what do my EU IV, Crusader Kings 2, Civ (pick a version), Endless Space 2, XCOM (1&2), Total War and other Strategy games tell about me!? I am greatly concerned now and will immediately delete all of them from my PC.

I am also grateful I didn't buy ROTK during the last KOEI sale.

The reach on that article is longer then Shaq's arms. There are some good points to be made around gaming and inclusion but the ones author went after are nuts.

Plants vs Zombies, really?

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So video games account for mass shootings and fascism now.
Do they cause global warming and diabetes too?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations: this is nonsense.

Again, I don't think you're even reading what you're writing. stufte is criticizing a statement. A dialectic refines known truth by synthesizing between the thesis and the antithesis. You are nullifying his criticism. Who is the one removing nuance?

If you can't even form a coherent sentence, how can I trust you to make a serious judgment of the state of the world or especially stufte's character? If it sounds like I'm attacking you, it's because I am. He's made the choice to put his place of employment on his profile and his identity is known to administrators, which is a serious risk on his behalf. If you're going to equate him with people who are literally marching to rid the US of Jewish influence and risk his entire livelihood, you better have a serious reason to do so, or else you're just another chaotic and malignant force rampagining across the internet who chooses to do so because he has nothing to lose.
I don't get it. Big words hurt me tiny brain. Antithesis? Is that a video game?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, what do my EU IV, Crusader Kings 2, Civ (pick a version), Endless Space 2, XCOM (1&2), Total War and other Strategy games tell about me!? I am greatly concerned now and will immediately delete all of them from my PC.

You're secretly a Nazi who claims to enjoy these games for asinine things like "gameplay" or "challenge", but really you're just living out your sick fantasies of purifying the world through complete domination.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So video games account for mass shootings and fascism now.
Do they cause global warming and diabetes too?
Well, you know those oil resources in Civ? You could be doing electric cars and solar batteries instead! Not to mention SimCity!

Seriously, the article is mostly pointless trash. There is a conversation to be had around how various nations are portrayed. Instead we get this drivel.

Edit:
You're secretly a Nazi who claims to enjoy these games for asinine things like "gameplay" or "challenge", but really you're just living out your sick fantasies of purifying the world through complete domination.

Well, at least Imperialist bastard of some sort. I just conquered half the world as Ming! The horror. I also burned and raveged across the world guiding the Huns. Let's not even mention incest in Crusader Kings 2!

Edit:
You'd be surprised how many crypto-fascists in the Paradox community.

There are bad apples in any community, sure. However it's not just Paradox, author lists games from XCOM to Plants vs Zombies. There is a topic of discussion but it has nothing to do with auhor's nonsence.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017

Under this standard it becomes basically impossible to say that any group of people have major problems. Saying an organization or industry has major problems is not saying that every single person, or even most people, are very bad mean nasty people. Organizations are not simply the aggregate of the people in them. To argue such is nothing but deflection. When someone posts about sexual harassment faced by women, do you say #notallmen? Is your response to structural racism to insist that you and your friends are totally not racist ? Because that's not the issue and never was.

In the case of the videogame industry, it has a major problem in that it's most vocal and lucrative target demographic is wildly bigoted, and the market power of this group is such that major publishers will be reluctant to push back on their bullshit in any explicit way. You can see this in the industry's cowardly response to gamergate. None of this implies even a plurality of people in the industry are themselves, as individuals, bigots.

It is not at all a remarkable thing to have major problems. Most things do. My own field has major fucking problems even though I deeply respect many people working within it and believe that the field of a whole is a net positive for society. Saying something has major problems doesn't mean you think it should all be burned to the ground (though you may get that impression of the tenor of some posts).

That said, those accusing you of being a gamergater based on your points are way out of line, and also missing the point in the same way you are.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Under this standard it becomes basically impossible to say that any group of people have major problems. Saying an organization or industry has major problems is not saying that every single person, or even most people, are very bad mean nasty people. Organizations are not simply the aggregate of the people in them. To argue such is nothing but deflection. When someone posts about sexual harassment faced by women, do you say #notallmen? Is your response to structural racism to insist that you and your friends are totally not racist ? Because that's not the issue and never was.

In the case of the videogame industry, it has a major problem in that it's most vocal and lucrative target demographic is wildly bigoted, and the market power of this group is such that major publishers will be reluctant to push back on their bullshit in any explicit way. You can see this in the industry's cowardly response to gamergate. None of this implies even a plurality of people in the industry are themselves, as individuals, bigots.

It is not at all a remarkable thing to have major problems. Most things do. My own field has major fucking problems even though I deeply respect many people working within it and believe that the field of a whole is a net positive for society. Saying something has major problems doesn't mean you think it should all be burned to the ground (though you may get that impression of the tenor of some posts).

That said, those accusing you of being a gamergater based on your points are way out of line, and also missing the point in the same way you are.

Eh, not really. I mean, as you point out very well in post, it's very hard for someone to make such a statement that isn't born out of either ignorance or them being in on the game. And I think it's pretty undeniable he's been using a lot of common GamerGate/alt-right rhetoric through this conversation (deflection, downplaying extreme views as just opinion, and trying to paint a left-leaning place as overly extreme compared to supposedly more moderate places elsewhere).

After GG and the rise of the alt-right into the mainstream, it's dishonest on our part to put our heads in the sand to this kind of stuff. Dishonest and very dangerous.

Having said that, who knows, maybe he isn't part of that group and, despite apparently being in the industry, is totally unaware of the massive issues it has and is just a relatively normal person who has bought into alt-right rhetoric without seeing the intention behind it. It is hard to tell, but I don't think it makes it less a point to battle that rhetoric when we see it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So what about:

Link CANNOT be a girl

Developers are mostly men who don't entertain other perspectives

Starting with Ubisoft to prove that gaming industry has Alt-Right problem is some wildest shit I've seen.