• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
What are you talking about? Sure some are a bit goofy but overall there's a lot of fun twists on the Gundam template. Bolt Gundam, Shadow Gundam and Raven Gundam are three I really wish had kits. Also some of the background suits like neo America's transforming helicopter grunts are pretty cool too. I mean they are supposed to stand out, the tournaments been going on for decades and at this point each Gundam stands as a symbol of its country(and in multiple cases the pilots personal taste and style)

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
What are you talking about? Sure some are a bit goofy but overall there's a lot of fun twists on the Gundam template. Bolt Gundam, Shadow Gundam and Raven Gundam are three I really wish had kits. Also some of the background suits like neo America's transforming helicopter grunts are pretty cool too. I mean they are supposed to stand out, the tournaments been going on for decades and at this point each Gundam stands as a symbol of its country(and in multiple cases the pilots personal taste and style)
Good news!

Shadow Gundam/Gundam Spiegel has an MG.

It's a really nice kit too!

IMG_3612.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Good news!

Shadow Gundam/Gundam Spiegel has an MG.

It's a really nice kit too!

IMG_3612.jpg
Oh man, that's solid, I was lamenting on hgfc since there's only 5 modern in that scale. I imagine it's similar numbers in mg though. It's a shame Domon is the only neo shuffle alliance member with a kit though

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, that's solid, I was lamenting on hgfc since there's only 5 modern in that scale. I imagine it's similar numbers in mg though. It's a shame Domon is the only neo shuffle alliance member with a kit though
Yeah I think there's only Shining, God/Burning, Spiegel and Master Gundam as MGs.

JV8NJdB.jpg

They're all quite nice but you notice the age since you have to use screws to build them. I think the HGFC Master Gundam is a better kit than the MG too, sadly.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I think there's only Shining, God/Burning, Spiegel and Master Gundam as MGs.

JV8NJdB.jpg

They're all quite nice but you notice the age since you have to use screws to build them. I think the HGFC Master Gundam is a better kit than the MG too, sadly.
Plus it has the horse. Reaching the endgame of the show(got about 5 episodes left) I now see why both forms of Nobel Gundam have a kit. Also Allenby is awesome

Nov 4, 2017
I get it, and I don't hate it, just compared to the standard Gundam format, there is less realism to get invested in.
The ones you mentioned are awesome and if there was a nice modern Master Gundam Kit i'd get it. I think it's funny that the Bolt gundam, the prisoners gundam has a ball and chain. Also Neo America's gundam is a hilarious hodgepodge of US stuff like boxing, football, cowboys, and surfing.
The Shadow gundam is a rad ninja, which is a bit odd since it's from Neo Germany but whatever.
I think some of those designs suck, like the Dark Gundam looks stupid, but I suppose it's intended to look like a Eldritch horror.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I get it, and I don't hate it, just compared to the standard Gundam format, there is less realism to get invested in.
The ones you mentioned are awesome and if there was a nice modern Master Gundam Kit i'd get it. I think it's funny that the Bolt gundam, the prisoners gundam has a ball and chain. Also Neo America's gundam is a hilarious hodgepodge of US stuff like boxing, football, cowboys, and surfing.
The Shadow gundam is a rad ninja, which is a bit odd since it's from Neo Germany but whatever.
I think some of those designs suck, like the Dark Gundam looks stupid, but I suppose it's intended to look like a Eldritch horror.
I've got good news for you then
hgfc-gf13-001nhii-master-gundam-fuun-saiki-00.jpg

Back in 2014 ish they added hgfc as a hguc subline. Shining, Burning, Master and Nobel(both forms) all have modern hgs. And yes Master Gundam comes with the horse... he's actually on my to order list then again all 5 are. I was just lamenting there were so few.

Also Shadow Gundam is slightly more solider than ninja, between the helmet and the sword batons. And the headgear for Hans is technically a type of balaclava with some style pieces

Last edited:

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it like 12 times in this thread, but I really wish the Maxter had a good High Grade.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Like the old Shuffle Allegiance mechs are all terrible, Gundam Maxter base unit is no good, Bolt Gundam is ok though I wish it was less bulky, Master Gundam ears ruin it for me, though the horse is amazing.

Neo Canada color scheme is just bad & while I like the base Dark Army mech, gundams should never really have 4 legs unless heavily stylized.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone, I wanna try building gunpla and want to start on SD. What are good SD kits?

DevilPuncher

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I wanna try building gunpla and want to start on SD. What are good SD kits?
The Cross Silhouette line of SD Gunpla is great. I built the Zaku II and the assembly was easy and the color separation is great. I'm not a fan of the BB Senshi kits personally.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks everyone.

I actually grabbed a Nightingale SD but it was already assembled more or less so kinda different from the kits that everyone suggested. It was a bootleg with some kind of metallic paint. It looks so good but it's missing the Tomahawk which was the only downside.

I also decided to get a proper Neo Zeong SD. The amount of pieces(runners?) that I need is overwhelming. I'll have to grab some tools as well from what I've read. I'll post some pics after I'm done with it.

Edit: here's the nightingale. No decals yet. Sorry for the dusty desk. I haven't cleaned in a while :(

Unfortunately, I can't find a Cross Silhouette version of this kit in my area. I've been comparing them and the CS is definitely more detailed and has more places to put panel lining. Better colors as well on the vents. Some of the colors aren't accurate on this bootleg kit like the ones on the rifle.

Last edited:

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hello everyone!

I have been in my Gundam pilgrimage for the last 2 to 3 years, and have just finished Gundam AGE, and am about to watch the Gundam Unicorn OVA's, but the list I have been using, which places the shows in production order but also considers continuity, is outdated and soon I will have caught up with when it was last updated, 2015, would anyone have a similar list?

Here's the list for anyone that is interested:
mGuidetoGundam3.jpg

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Hello everyone!

I have been in my Gundam pilgrimage for the last 2 to 3 years, and have just finished Gundam AGE, and am about to watch the Gundam Unicorn OVA's, but the list I have been using, which places the shows in production order but also considers continuity, is outdated and soon I will have caught up with when it was last updated, 2015, would anyone have a similar list?

mGuidetoGundam3.jpg
I think that's all of it. The Origin stuff came out between 2015 and 2018 and Iron Blooded Orphans ended recently.

I also have never been here or posted here but I wanted to start, so excuse my potentially incomplete info.

Nov 4, 2017
Hello everyone!

mGuidetoGundam3.jpg

1526185752122.jpg
This one I just found but It looks similar to ones have saved on my phone.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
1526185752122.jpg
This one I just found but It looks similar to ones have saved on my phone.
Ah! Thank you!
I was looking for a more updated version of this exact list but I couldn't find it, although it does look like it's from someone else updating it, can't say that I agree with the opinions on this list (Seed Destiny "one of the best in the franchise" and Turn A "one of the worst") but it doesn't matter. lol

DevilPuncher

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooooo, Bandai Hobby posted this last night on their Facebook:
57555518_574090503086829_7222024311798759424_o.png.jpg

RG Nu Gundam incoming.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hello everyone!

mGuidetoGundam3.jpg
I'd been looking for this, I'm about 2/3s through ZZ and things get confusing after chars counterattack order wise. Thanks. Been working on and loving G Gundam, need to start ordering some of the five modern kits. I think Master Gundam May be up first, or the old mg shadow gundam

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll to Simulcast MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN Advent of the Red Comet Anime
One of the projects celebrating the 40th anniversary of Mobile Suit Gundam is a TV anime version of the Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA, based on the manga by original series character designer Yoshikazu Yasuhiko. Now the series is coming to Crunchyroll with the announcement of simulcast plans for MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN Advent of the Red Comet, which officially launches on April 28.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Nov 4, 2017
The text in this has to be trolling, right? 0080 regarded as a low point in the franchise?
Yeah I didn't really read the list on it. It seems Like people do edit these with their personal opinions. The IBO opinions seem harsh. I thought it was better received.

I feel like saying considered the best/ worst in the franchise is such a weird thing to put because it's so subjective. Really the pros and cons listed should just serve as a generalized and reasonable guide like maybe saying animations looks wonky, or that this one is well respected for its music.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Yah, I don't mess with that 4chan list.

IBO has unrealistic characters that are hard to relate to because... Why? If I'm left to read between the lines there I'd guess because there's a lot of queer or non traditional romances that are featured in the series.

Topical 4chan horse shit.

Nov 4, 2017
Yah, I don't mess with that 4chan list.

IBO has unrealistic characters that are hard to relate to because... Why? If I'm left to read between the lines there I'd guess because there's a lot of queer or non traditional romances that are featured in the series.

Topical 4chan horse shit.
That's shitty. Also I'm tackling the shows in order of release and I'm on Wing. That's cool that they have queer characters. Is IBO the first to outright have that?

Maybe I'll make my own chart and post it once I'm done with everything. Pool some opinions together.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
AH! Just finished Unicorn, fucking amazing, loved it, so fucking good to see a sequel to early UC, it's making me want to just skip ahead and watch Narrative but I will hold on and continue watching them on production order. Off to Gundam Build Fighters I go!

Also, is there any difference between the Unicorn OVA's and the TV series? I know there's a few animation adjustments but I would like to know if they added something.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished my rewatch of Gundam Wing. All of my childhood Toonami nostalgia just flushed down the drain.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished my rewatch of Gundam Wing. All of my childhood Toonami nostalgia just flushed down the drain.
I bought the blu ray collection when it came out and made it about five eps in before I stopped watching. I don't think I hate it, but I have definitely watched it one too many fucking times since I already have the blu rays. It has definitely aged worse than Zeta and Victory Gundam.

Nov 4, 2017
I just finished wing and Endless waltz last night. I liked it, but it doesn't have that edge that some of the UC stuff had.

I found the factions that splintered off from other groups sort of hard to follow at times and didn't quite get the motivations for Milliardo and Treize.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have Wing next in my queue after I finish G, just got the second volume of that a week ago.

My memory of W isn't exactly positive, I loved the mechanical designs but I remember there being a lot of stock footage. At the time it was more novel to me as the first full ~50 episode gundam series that was available in English (plenty of UC OVAs/movies available at that point), moreso than the quality of the show itself. But we got Endless Duel on SFC from it, so seems worth it lol.

Nov 4, 2017
I watched an episode of After War Gundam X and it's interesting because I feel like I never see that material referenced anywhere. In a game you may get one mobile suit from that series. Looking forward to it.

But I'm going in on 08th MS because U.C. is rad.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I watched an episode of After War Gundam X and it's interesting because I feel like I never see that material referenced anywhere. In a game you may get one mobile suit from that series. Looking forward to it.

But I'm going in on 08th MS because U.C. is rad.

More than any other series you can't help but feel Gundam X was the forgotten one. It came and went without much of a peep and is rarely referenced.

Nov 4, 2017
More than any other series you can't help but feel Gundam X was the forgotten one. It came and went without much of a peep and is rarely referenced.
I sort of get that feeling from F91 and Victory too. Not a lot of Gunpla that I see searching amazon of those dumbass looking wheel things.
ZZ gets more respect in terms of representation. I've heard X is quite good. The first episode drew me in.