• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 14, 2018
They'll never stop twitch chat from spamming, they'll do something else, like spam this bee to make hong kong free lol.

Watching in client is much better anyway.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity how many fantasty points did people get for todays action? I basially have a full set of cards but I'm thinking of dusting some of the lower teams to try and get a better lineup on some of the better teams (I only have a full silver lineup for Secret for example).

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity how many fantasty points did people get for todays action? I basially have a full set of cards but I'm thinking of dusting some of the lower teams to try and get a better lineup on some of the better teams (I only have a full silver lineup for Secret for example).
I sold all my silvers and spent 30 gold to try and get two specific gold cards.
The first one I got a gold right away.
Then I only got silvers and commons after like 500 dust

So yeah, the system is not a good one for getting better cards or going full gold.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
I sold all my silvers and spent 30 gold to try and get two specific gold cards.
The first one I got a gold right away.
Then I only got silvers and commons after like 500 dust

So yeah, the system is not a good one for getting better cards or going full gold.

I actually got decently lucky in terms of getting golds. However that was tempered by the fact that I got 6 gold CnCCs.
I have managed to get gold Rtz, Sumail and Miracle but I'm not feeling too hot about those EG cards going forward in the tournament.

Cyborgmatt

Team Secret
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Top 100 is 554+ after day one. Those that did well will be in the 400-500 range.

A gold card is not necessarily better than a silver, it's more about the stats. For cores and mid Kills > Teamfight > Deaths, for support focus on Obs Wards Planted.

The averages page on the fantasy tracker will give you good indication on what to look for, make sure you pick players that have the most amount of matches on said day.

ubercheez

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched much Dotes in the last year, but I always like to tune in for TI. It's weird not having games to watch during the day though.

Are there any particularly dominant teams that are favored to go deep?

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Top 100 is 554+ after day one. Those that did well will be in the 400-500 range.

A gold card is not necessarily better than a silver, it's more about the stats. For cores and mid Kills > Teamfight > Deaths, for support focus on Obs Wards Planted.

The averages page on the fantasy tracker will give you good indication on what to look for, make sure you pick players that have the most amount of matches on said day.

Yeah I just jumped ingame and noticed the top 100 leaderboard had updated. Got 479 personally so I'm pretty good atm.

I'll have a good look through that link though, thanks.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched much Dotes in the last year, but I always like to tune in for TI. It's weird not having games to watch during the day though.

Are there any particularly dominant teams that are favored to go deep?

Based on how they've done before the tournament and rumours coming out of TI scrims Secret, VG and LGD are the top three teams.
Its kind of a drop off after that but I'd keep an eye on teams like TNC, VP, Liquid and EG. Although Liquid and EG didn't look too hot after todays games.

W1SSY

Oct 28, 2017
So anyone have some recommendations of games to watch or a link to find some recommendations?
Edit: the link of vods earlier has a strawpoll so hopefully that is useful.

Dec 13, 2018
So anyone have some recommendations of games to watch or a link to find some recommendations?
Edit: the link of vods earlier has a strawpoll so hopefully that is useful.
Game 1 of Secret vs Alliance was fantastic, also TNC had a great comeback too I believe their first game of the day.

Not as good, but the endings of both newbee secret games are funny

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FANTASY HELP Day 2

Day 2: EG, Infamous, NaVi, NIP, OG, VG playing 3 series

https://old.reddit.com/user/ComedianTF2
Carry/offlane (offlane is really bad, and shouldn't be picked unless you go all-in on a team)
S tier: Kill
A tier: Team fight
B tier: death, tower kills
C tier: cs, GPM, stuns(?)
D tier: roshan, runes grabbed (?)
E tier: first blood
F tier: wards placed, camps stacked

Mid:
S tier: Kill
A tier: Team fight
B tier: death, tower kills, runes grabbed (?)
C tier: cs, GPM, stuns(?)
D tier: Roshan, first blood
E tier: camps stacked wards placed
F tier:

Support (only pick pos 5 supports due to wards placed, even if you wanna go all in on one team, don't.):
SSSS tier: wards placed
A tier: stuns, teamfight, runes grabbed (?)
B tier: deaths, Kills
C tier: First blood, camps stacked, GPM
D tier:
E tier: Tower kills, CS
F tier: Roshan kills

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Make or break day for EG facing OG, RNG, VG
At 1-3 with one point they need to get to at least the 9-10 point range to hope to qualify for top 4/Upper Bracket based on the last two years results. They need to have at least 5 points/wins by the end of today or else be required to sweep their final two days.
Day 3 Infamous
Day 4 VP, NiP

Group A Standings
1. Team Secret 3-0-0 6p
2. PSG.LGD 2-1-0 5p
3. TNC Predator 1-1-1 3p
4. Mineski 1-0-1 2p
====================================== 1-4 go to UB, 5-8 to to Bo1 LB
4. Newbee 1-0-1 2p
6. Keen Gaming 1-0-2 2p
6. Team Liquid 1-0-2 2p
8. Alliance 0-1-1 1p
====================================== 9th team eliminated after Day 4
9. Chaos Esports Club 0-1-2 1p

Group B Standings
1. Vici Gaming 2-0-0 4p
2. OG 1-1-0 3p
2. Virtus.pro 1-1-0 3p
4. Fnatic 1-0-1 2p
====================================== 1-4 go to UB, 5-8 to to Bo1 LB
4. Natus Vincere 0-2-0 2p
6. Evil Geniuses 0-1-1 1p
6. Royal Never Give Up 0-1-1 1p
8. Infamous 0-0-1 0p
====================================== 9th team eliminated after Day 4
8. Ninjas in Pyjamas 0-0-1 0p

Absent Uncle

Oct 25, 2017
Oslo
Ok, day 2. Here we go. Let's get it going. All the matches. Come on team. Rock 'n roll. Fighting time. Eat that banana. Let's do!

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really like OG's or EG's draft to be honest, probably give the edge to EG unless OG have great lanes.

Hope it won't be a long day, still wrecked from yesterday. :p

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EG vs OG

td-simpsons-dog.jpg