• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Huh. I could have sworn Dragon's Dogma was a game he fell off back in the day, but more recently developed an appreciation for.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
That Xmen game is really a bottom of the barrel licensed LJN turd, and that's saying something. IMO only Back to the Future is worse.

TRiot42

Oct 27, 2017
I really do not understand why Jeff is so hung up on the name "EA Sports FC." It doesn't seem like there's any evidence for them losing audience, having brand confusion, or anything like that at all

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I really do not understand why Jeff is so hung up on the name "EA Sports FC." It doesn't seem like there's any evidence for them losing audience, having brand confusion, or anything like that at all

Think I've even heard other speculate that them not having to pay the FIFA fee is what made them reconsider their licensing strategy all around.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
This sort of thing often happens with Jeff. He gets so extremely stuck on something when nobody else is there to push back or give another perspective.

Rev408

Dec 28, 2017
Jeff shitting on the last 3 Battlefields then spending 15 minutes talking about how stupid Cheech & Chong skins in latest CoD are but that he's still going to buy them is so fucking silly.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Jeff shitting on the last 3 Battlefields then spending 15 minutes talking about how stupid Cheech & Chong skins in latest CoD are but that he's still going to buy them is so fucking silly.
I'm not about to pick up a CoD flag and starting waving it around like I care, but to be fair those games tend to at least work, which is more than we can say for Battlefield. Wasn't it BF4 where Jeff read out like two pages of patch notes or something during GOTY?

alternate

Nov 1, 2017
I love how Jeff has embraced shitty youtube thumbnails, even if he would likely claim to be doing so ironically.

Need some of him pointing at stuff and pulling a face.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
been slowly re-listening to the bomb cast from the start (as background noise at work so about 2-3 a night, depending on how slow it is, and these early ones were much shorter than what they would become), first of all, man Ryan was as good a podcast talker as Jeff was, second of all, its bizarre listening to stuff from like 15 years ago.

Them talking about XBL Arcade games as just these indies you spend 5 bucks on, because obviously there weren't full games in the various stores yet, then gradually talking about bigger stuff like Wipeout when it came out on PS3, Ryan saying he wants to be done with discs even back in 2008, the GTA4 launch... what a time capsule :)

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
www.dexerto.com

Dad slams Nintendo as Animal Crossing server shutdown leaves his 3 year-old daughter ‘in tears’ - Dexerto

A Twitch streamer's daughter "burst into tears" after Nintendo shut down servers for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. He wasn't happy.

Jeff Gerstmann (@jeffgerstmann.com)

Something real dumb about this being written up, I don't know. Digging through my posts for an old photo (we don't really post pictures of the kids anymore) also just kinda icky-feeling. Worst part, though, is definitely having her described as "a Twitch streamer's daughter."...

Something real dumb about this being written up, I don't know. Digging through my posts for an old photo (we don't really post pictures of the kids anymore) also just kinda icky-feeling. Worst part, though, is definitely having her described as "a Twitch streamer's daughter."

I'll be honest that I didn't realize Dexerto had a site for news. I just thought they reported on social media "news" like every other twitter "media" account I see in various breaking news hashtags.

Last edited:

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
been slowly re-listening to the bomb cast from the start (as background noise at work so about 2-3 a night, depending on how slow it is, and these early ones were much shorter than what they would become), first of all, man Ryan was as good a podcast talker as Jeff was, second of all, its bizarre listening to stuff from like 15 years ago.

Them talking about XBL Arcade games as just these indies you spend 5 bucks on, because obviously there weren't full games in the various stores yet, then gradually talking about bigger stuff like Wipeout when it came out on PS3, Ryan saying he wants to be done with discs even back in 2008, the GTA4 launch... what a time capsule :)

I agree about Ryan. It's like he was born to host a podcast or a video with a bunch of people on it. Vinny is pretty good, too, and there are others who could do it well, but Ryan was so good at engaging the person who was talking and asking them questions and keeping the conversation going, but getting out of the way if other people engaged in the conversation. I'd say Ryan was better on a podcast, not because he had as much to contribute as Jeff did, but he was a better host, whereas I think Jeff shines when he can contribute and not be the person who is responsible for moving things along.

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
as soon as I saw the daughter's picture used in the thumbnail of the article, I knew that Jeff would not like it.

alternate

Nov 1, 2017
I thought the "article' was fair game but they should have really cleared the use of the picture. I don't even think that is the daughter Jeff was referencing in his quotes.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
dexerto has always seemed bad from what I've seen of them here and there
think they were supposed to be about esports(?) but most of the time I see a tweet from them it's some drama clip derived from a streamer. And the audience they've cultivated has the most braindead reactions as you can see in the replies to the tweet about Jeff. They suck!