• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How on Earth could that happen?

I sure wouldn't download that stuff if I were a cheatmaker, lol. Way to suspicious.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Assuming the news here is that the hackers have a leg up on R&D not that the driver file itself is out there. Not like it's the source code.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Problem with this being out in the wild goes way, way beyond the ability to circumvent anti-cheating. Since apparently the kernel-level piece of software is all kinds of amateur, this is now an active target for exploits.

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
I don't know enough about this maybe, but how does it leaking realistically affect anything? I guess it gives the cheat makers more time to work it out? Unless this is saying they actually have source code how is this different than the cheaters getting it the day it launches other than it gives them a little head start to bang their heads against it and figure it out?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Can we just get crossplay without PC please? I know it's not ideal for PC players, and it's not the solution, but I'm sick of playing with cheaters every night while we wait of a proper solution. I get console has Cronus, but I'd rather have Cronus cheaters than aimbot wall hack headshot bullshit.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't people say that the security concerns of a kernel level anticheat were baseless? This kinda blows that idea out of the water.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Can we just get crossplay without PC please? I know it's not ideal for PC players, and it's not the solution, but I'm sick of playing with cheaters every night while we wait of a proper solution. I get console has Cronus, but I'd rather have Cronus cheaters than aimbot wall hack headshot bullshit.
No thanks I like playing with my friends

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How about NO?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Even if this a honeypot leak, I gotta imagine the news that kernel anti-cheat system getting so thoroughly compromised has a chilling effect. Though maybe since it's Call of Duty they can just brute force past the effort of trying to correct the narrative.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Ah hahahahahaha

This is why you don't call out cheaters. Double edged sword, they became insane targets the moment they declared war

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
They should embrace cheating at this point. Let PC have Shrek skins flying over the map aimbotting everyone.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
So its just the driver and not the code? This is if it just released I guess they could have something ready for launch. Probably someone internal got a payoff to leak it or its something that got released on purpose since its kinda suspicious.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Activision is trying to stop cheaters like someone trying to plug up Hoover Dam with a single Q-tip.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
How come? This leak could very easily aid nefarious hackers trying to compromise people who install the game.
Something like that you still have to install it on your computer Either way. so only would impact people who are pirating the game, or if someone made a vector to install it on your computer.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
And? It's a shitty business. Imagine if they spent this much effort on something less pointless.

Well if they're making six figures with these cheats, it's possible that effort spend elsewhere could be less lucrative.

But regardless it still is a shitty business, yes.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Activision playing Extreme ghost 12D chess with these hackers, they won't know what hit them 😎

Jul 1, 2020
I wonder what the first game to go to cloud streaming only for ranked mode will be. That seems like the best solution.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
4D chess, crowdsource your pentesting and RE teams lol

edit: I am very late to this joke :(

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Not even surprised, considering how prevalent hacking is in WZ I can only imagine how much money these cheat makers are pulling in. The WZ team will continue to have a tough job as well, since WZ's popularity makes it a prime target

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
You do not even get Cronus or Xim on PS5 native games unless devs enable specialty controllers. Also did not hurt anyone having PC opt in.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This could have easily been "leaked" to help find vulnerabilities in the code so they can be plugged. At least that sounds cool. Rather than they got caught with their pants down and hackers are going to take advantage.