• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to say that following along with this thread while I catch up has really enhanced my re-read thus far.

I do have a question though. Are there any non-X-Men stories that deal with Krakoa that I should add to my reading list? I already have Marvel 1000 for the Apoc story and I know there was an issue of Deadpool that features Krakoa but Wades new title is already included in this reading list. So any others I should add?

The Empyre She-Hulk issue did some stuff with it. The current arc of Runaways is dealing with Krakoa stuff as well.

lone_stranger

Aug 24, 2018
BTW.

Today's Excalibur was nice, I've never felt anything regarding Malice, and now she is an interesting character. Good stuff.

Marauders was not my favorite, but liked the callbacks to Madripoor, the Princess Bar and those old school Morlocks.
I'm usually a bit down on Excalibur (compared to the other X-titles), but this was a good issue. Was my first time hearing of Malice too. Having a story with Betsy and Kwannon themed around forgiveness made this book a particularly good place to tell that story. Hope she comes back.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually a bit down on Excalibur (compared to the other X-titles), but this was a good issue. Was my first time hearing of Malice too. Having a story with Betsy and Kwannon themed around forgiveness made this book a particularly good place to tell that story. Hope she comes back.
Very much agreed. Excalibur has been improving leaps and bounds in the last few issues, I'm hoping it doesn't go back to being a slog now that the Betsy-Kwannon stuff is done.

I enjoyed Marauders a lot too, largely because it's another of those rare issues that fulfil the series brief: the Marauders out there on the ground saving mutants from countries that don't work with Krakoa. And Morlocks!
Pyro was also looking better in this than he has in a while.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't expect Duggan to be writing X-men

With 6 new series, are we expecting more current runs to be retired other than Cable and X-Men?

Also, I wonder if any of these will end up just being limited series.

Classified new series looks like THE TRIAL to me, but that's just a best guess.

Classified artist: Art Adams? There's a space between the A and the second letter though, which makes me wonder if it's A. something...

Last edited:

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
so the current X-Men run is stopping...and another book called X-Men is starting at number #1?

oh comics....

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
With 6 new series, are we expecting more current runs to be retired other than Cable and X-Men?

Also, I wonder if any of these will end up just being limited series.

Classified new series looks like THE TRIAL to me, but that's just a best guess.

Classified artist: Art Adams? There's a space between the A and the second letter though, which makes me wonder if it's A. something...
It just says "artist" (and probably "TBA" or "TBD" or something)

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone figure out what's under classified? I can definitelt identify the following:

First word THE

Second word is five to six letters, most likely five. The second letter is either R or P.
It's definitely THE TRIAL, you can see after the second letter of the second word a short dash, then a slightly longer dash and then a shorter dash again, those have to be I and A and L.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men - Duggan writing the new team, including the ejection winner (good troll by Hickman, some people definitely voted based on how they think he writes certain characters better/worse LOL)

Leah book (The Trial?) - I think this is about Sabretooth. Wasn't there a line about Hellfire Gala that referenced him having something to say? People will probably find out he was exiled and the council will pressured into giving a trial.

Hickman book (Uncanny X-Men is my guess) - He'll keep doing what he is now under the new status quo, maybe with an even wider cast. I could see him electing to straight up not use anyone on Duggan's team.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Hickman's book to be about Moira.

I think Hickman will make good on Moira when the time is right, but a book seems like a big question after Covid. I think it's gotta be on getting the right person to write it. They revived X-Corp and they must know people are waiting in the wings to buy a Moira series, since they always get asked about it and always dodge.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
The top spot is going to either go to Polaris or Banshee so there's hope.

Don't have anything against Polaris honestly, it's just that I'd rather have more characters across all the X series.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, Heroes Reborn, the thing that's allowing me to take a break from Marvel in May because fuck that random ass story.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Polaris is probably gonna win and that bums me out because I don't want her to leave X-Factor

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Two issues in and Excalibur is already becoming a chore. The data pages have literally put me to sleep twice now and Tini's character work has been awful so far. Putting Rogue into a coma halfway through the first issue certainly hasn't helped either.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Two issues in and Excalibur is already becoming a chore. The data pages have literally put me to sleep twice now and Tini's character work has been awful so far. Putting Rogue into a coma halfway through the first issue certainly hasn't helped either.
Personally, I think it gets better later on, especially in the X of Swords buildup.

The book serving as a lore dump while trying to serve a plot held it back in the beginning, IMO.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I assume if I was to sub to Marvel Unlimited soon, I would have quite a bit of this Hickman era X-Stuff to read right? It started ... 2 years ago? Less? And the MU schedule these days is faster correct?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I assume if I was to sub to Marvel Unlimited soon, I would have quite a bit of this Hickman era X-Stuff to read right? It started ... 2 years ago? Less? And the MU schedule these days is faster correct?
Yeah, the gap closed a little when Marvel went on hiatus during the pandemic. MU is 4 months behind now (week 2 of December 2020).

HoXPoX started in July 2019, so you'd have about a year and a half of comics to catch up on.

sven

Oct 31, 2017

About 150 issues at this point. I have them all in my reading list right now as I just started over from the beginning.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Excalibur ends up being pretty integral to the first major event - X of Swords. Everything that's established in those issues comes to play in a big way later on.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Excalibur ends up being pretty integral to the first major event - X of Swords. Everything that's established in those issues comes to play in a big way later on.
Yeah that is a bit worrisome but I'll just go in with slightly tempered expectations.

Just cancelled all my Marvel subscriptions. I am going to read everything on MU with the 6 months delay since the X-Men line seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

Also I've officially caught up to the point where I stopped reading weekly.