Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I'm really hoping Doug gets to be Apocalypse's heir lol. Let him and Bei herald in a new age with new adorable Horsemen, each with goofier and goofier language-based powers!

Typeset - Horseman of Font
Whisper - Horseman of Volume
Phys - Horseman of Body Language
Death - Horseman of...er, Death

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Dazzler solo book is a stealth team book With Domino, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Shark Girl and Wind Dancer as Ali's band mates, road crew, and management team.

www.marvel.com

Dazzler Lights Up the World in New Solo Comic Book Series

Set in the X-Men's upcoming From the Ashes era, mutant icon Dazzler stars in an all-new solo comic book series by Jason Loo and Rafael Loureiro.

dazzler2024001_cover.jpg

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
I'm really hoping Doug gets to be Apocalypse's heir lol. Let him and Bei herald in a new age with new adorable Horsemen, each with goofier and goofier language-based powers!

Typeset - Horseman of Font
Whisper - Horseman of Volume
Phys - Horseman of Body Language
Death - Horseman of...er, Death
And Kem, Horseman of Kerning

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Juggernaut for me. I love the dude. I'm always rooting for him. He strives to be good and I'm always a sucker for those kinds of stories. If I was on Krakoa I would totally just buddy up with him to make sure he felt welcome.

He went from destroying the Twin Towers to being a main team X-Man.
I hope he stays on the team and Cyttorak just donates his powers for a new Juggernaut, then Cain can have an arch nemesis.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
I hope he stays on the team and Cyttorak just donates his powers for a new Juggernaut, then Cain can have an arch nemesis.
That storyline has already been done. Cain gave up the gem of cyttorak and gets his powers from another artifact: the bands of cyttorak.

This new kid is actually using the gem AND is the descendant of the guy Cain stole the gem from. So, it's all good and we get to keep Cain and have a new kid

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
That storyline has already been done. Cain gave up the gem of cyttorak and gets his powers from another artifact: the bands of cyttorak.

This new kid is actually using the gem AND is the descendant of the guy Cain stole the gem from. So, it's all good and we get to keep Cain and have a new kid
I know he has the bands, I read the mini.

I didn't know he had a proper replacement already. Where does that pop up?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Most of the smaller mutants introduced post 00s are trapped in the WHR and Hope's dead.

Oh.

Well it's not as if getting to and from the WHR is impossible. The defenders were just there in Defenders Beyond. It will take a bit of work but I doubt they stay there all that long.

Hope has *already* died once. Just have synch bring her back with the five once they're out of the WHR.

Its a bit of a reset, but they weren't doing a ton with the sidelined characters anyway.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I really do not like Marvel editorial decisions lately. I didn't want to say anything much because I want to wait and see what they do. But right now no way...I can't like it.
I warned folks Tom Brevvort is a very traditional guy, he will burn everything notable just to turn back to a status quo. He did a lot with Avengers and of course, Spidey.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
X-Men Forever of this week is not badly written, but it's implications to From the Ashes are just horrible and boring

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The implication is that Hope is consumed by the Phoenix, I don't think she can be brought back.
It's the Phoenix. Nothing is a definitive ending with the Phoenix, it's its thing.

This is simply M-Day again, a way to "remove" 95% of the mutants from the narrative without actually killing them in case they ever want to return to the same idea. Ironically, this makes even greater the parallels between the ending of Krakoa and House of M being a response to Morrison's New X-Men.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I wasn't clear! I meant specifically via the egg method. Phoenix shenanigans are a given, even if I think it's pretty unlikely for a while.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Late stage Fall of X is going to be a complete mess in trade. This needs to be one omnibus with interlaced issues from each mini.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So... Jean created Hope so she could spark start the Phoenix later?
Jean has been the Phoenix "always and forever"? This kinda messes with all the Phoenix stories like AvX.

Hate they killed Hope, but it was foreseen with the whole back to the 90s Brevoort era.

I won't be surprised if Exodus and Magneto are back to villains within a year :/

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Jean has been the Phoenix "always and forever"? This kinda messes with all the Phoenix stories like AvX.

Hate they killed Hope, but it was foreseen with the whole back to the 90s Brevoort era.

I won't be surprised if Exodus and Magneto are back to villains within a year :/

And Avengers BC

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Jean creating Hope finally squares the circle considering Hope was originally supposed to be Jean and then pivoted last minute. Jean has linked "Hope" as a concept to herself being Phoenix mulitple times.

Hope is the concept made flesh, once Jean imbues Louise Spalding and basically creates a "White Hot Womb" ™️. Jean is both the Phoenix and mother of the Phoenix ("Mother-Me"), Hope is Jean's spark, to ensure the Phoenix will be reborn. Actually it is born and reborn in the same moment, a perpetual ouroboros

Jean has been waging a super long war across the ages and dimensions to ensure the survival of mutants. I want her battle against Enigma/Dominions to be super epic and trippy and NOT, REPEAT, NOT relegated to any damn data pages

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Nah. I see it as timeline shenanigans.

The Phoenix created hope (no Jean necessary) to restart evolution after Wanda halted it with decimation.

Later on Enigma travels back in time prior to Hope's conception and "interferes", creating a new timeline where everything happens as before, but Hope is some kind of Enigma sleeper agent (as the X-Men were Sinister sleeper agents) in the process. Presumably this would have her kill the Phoenix without restarting its lifecycle.

Jean as phoenix notices the timeline interference (from the crown that appears on hope) travels back in time to convince Hope's mother to not take Enigma up on his deal, creating a third timeline identical to the first one

She then does exactly what the Phoenix did originally without her intervention in the original timeline, causing a virgin birth or whatever.

Last edited:

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Oh, yeah, there's no more The Five.

Not necessarily true, given that synch can and has acted as a stand in for Hope before. I think there was also an "imperfect" version of the Five using other mutants in Sins of Sinister but can't recall who was in that.

Easy enough to restart that circuit if the plot requires it.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
It's the Phoenix. Nothing is a definitive ending with the Phoenix, it's its thing.

This is simply M-Day again, a way to "remove" 95% of the mutants from the narrative without actually killing them in case they ever want to return to the same idea. Ironically, this makes even greater the parallels between the ending of Krakoa and House of M being a response to Morrison's New X-Men.
Makes it lamer since this was how Age of X-Man was 6 years ago pre Krakoa.

Brevvort's hate for Krakoa is just astounding and his era hasn't even started.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Not necessarily true, given that synch can and has acted as a stand in for Hope before. I think there was also an "imperfect" version of the Five using other mutants in Sins of Sinister but can't recall who was in that.

Easy enough to restart that circuit if the plot requires it.
Iirc, there are several backup circuits as well as cradles. There needs to be backups just in case one or more of the Five were taken out (which happened at least once during Krakoa)

The Five are either the first or most efficient circuit.

Iirc, there are several backup circuits as well as cradles. There needs to be backups just in case one or more of the Five were taken out (which happened at least once during Krakoa)

The Five are either the first or most efficient circuit.
Yeah I believe data pages specified the Five boost each other perfectly and resurrection doesn't wear them down. Therefore, they can keep going and going, speeding up mass resurrection. They are so amped up, they even have to remind themselves to sleep occasionally.

Others can res with Krakoan pods but it will be slower and difficult. Running a deep resurrection queue is would be off the table.

It's seeded that mutant resurrection can now be waved away by Krakoan tech moving forward, but only the Five can facilitate a mutant nation built around wholesale immortality for the entire population.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Jean/Phoenix is not bound by linear events. She is, has been, and always will be connected to the WHR and thus outside of time and space.

Even when she "wasn't the Phoenix" because of the retcon, she really was(confirmed by a multitude of stories as well as current story and editorial direction) as observed by Destiny...Destiny calls Jean a nexus of probabilities, and can't "see" her...the same effect took place recently when Destiny was physically in the WHR. Jean is connected to the WHR.

Jean imbues herself with her Phoenix fire to allow Hope to copy it...and later use that same fire, Jean's fire, the only fire that can burn Jean, to bring Jean back and rebirth the Phoenix

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Sounds like we are getting one final Krakoa story from Hickman with the limited Doom series coming out later this year.

The Krakoa era X-Men are going to team up with Doom to fight a Dominion-ized Galactus.

This should be fun!

Dalamar86

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like we are getting one final Krakoa story from Hickman with the limited Doom series coming out later this year.

The Krakoa era X-Men are going to team up with Doom to fight a Dominion-ized Galactus.

This should be fun!

Is this connected to this week's one shot or a different story?

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Is this connected to this week's one shot or a different story?

Wait was this announced?

Yeah, I'm curious too, I'm not seeing anything about the one shot being expanded.

And I'm pretty sure in the one-shot, the Krakoan X-Men were among those that got annihilated by Galactus.

Yeah, the one shot is just an elseworld.
Sorry, I thought this was upcoming but, yes, it was a one-shot released on May 15th, https://comicbook.com/comics/news/m...oom-galactus-jonathan-hickman-sanford-greene/

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
storm2024001_cover.jpg

storm2024_design.jpg

www.marvel.com

Storm Is Earth's Mightiest Mutant Hero in New Solo Series

Set in the X-Men's upcoming From the Ashes era, an all-new solo 'Storm' comic book series from Murewa Ayodele and Lucas Werneck launches in October.

Storm going cosmic. She based in Atlanta. Her costume fire. The writer is Nigerian. Aight I'm all in.

These two are likely showing up in her series too

View: https://x.com/valerioschiti/status/1768995701176840249?s=46&t=tlNbpDBD1Eeo0zk2T2bu8Q

Oct 29, 2017
Missing in the winner and loser list.

Loser: Kamala Khan.
Absolute loser for real, just awful

Storm going cosmic. She based in Atlanta. Her costume fire. The writer is Nigerian. Aight I'm all in.

These two are likely showing up in her series too

View: https://x.com/valerioschiti/status/1768995701176840249?s=46&t=tlNbpDBD1Eeo0zk2T2bu8Q

Hopefully G.O.D.S. doesn't have any lasting ramifications besides visuals but it's not like it did anything lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX