• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ankit Gaba

Banned
Mar 27, 2020
gamingroute.com

The Last of Us 2 is currently the Best Selling Game for PS4 on Amazon - Gaming Route

Despite all the leaks and the bad reception of the leaks. The Last Of Us 2 is still the best selling game on Amazon, in Several Countries for PlayStation 4.

In the United States, The Last of Us 2 is the second-best-selling PlayStation 4 game currently and FF7 Remake takes the first position.

Source

In France, The Last of Us 2 is currently the best selling PlayStation 4 game, and FF7 Remake is the second best selling game.

Source

In the UK, The Last of Us 2 is the second-best-selling PlayStation 4 game, and GTA V is the best selling game.

Source
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Selle...13978397031/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_h__2_13978348031
Honestly, it is kind of surprising considering the number of people I have seen trying to boycott the game.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The whole boycott/leak thing is a storm in a teapot. The vast majority of people either doesn´t know or doesn´t care.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Announcing a release date will do that. Thinking this leak (or boycott wtf am I reading) has any impact on this game's sales is ridiculous.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would leaks matter? What some people say online about boycotting doesn't matter. We go through this with Pokémon all the time

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
The leak was also coincided with the updated release date, which I imagine more people heard about than the actual spoilers.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
What? Despite the leaks?

Barely a fraction of the player base will even be aware of the leaks let alone care about them.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Did the leaks incite a boycot? I've been trying not to be spoiled by any leaks.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Did anyone seriously expect the leaks to somehow have any impact on the game's sales? At all? Hell, if anything it's gotten me even more excited for it.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
People are pre-ordering because it has a confirmed date again. Leaks won't make any noticeable difference.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah not surprised, the leaks really aren't that pervasive and if you aren't actively looing for them you won't see them... Now the release of this game, that's when things really get interesting

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Best-selling of PS4 games.

Many countries = One country. Good.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Who knew it'd sell well, its the sequel to a damn big game so the leaks weren't going to do anything or even affect the sales in the slightest.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
People have been waiting years for it. Doubt spoilers are going to have a significant impact on sales.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I always laugh at online boycotts(for anything really). Social media is not the real world or representative of it, the game will do great.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I mean, I haven't been following too closely, but why would the leak affect sales of the game? I personally wasn't a huge fan of what I read about where the narrative of the game was going, but if I was gonna buy it in the first place I would still buy it. (If there's a PS4 game I want to play I just borrow a friend's PS4 as I don't own one).

Coming from Naughty Dog, I imagine the writing will be, at the very least, good. IMO there's still value in reading/watching/playing a well-written story even if you don't like it. I've watched plenty of movies that I personally didn't like, and I would never rewatch, but I still felt were worth that initial watch.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
It could be because of the leaks too. There are people who like bold twists and turns in a good story.

If you mean boycott by homophobes and sexists who think SJWs are taking over the world, then luckily they're in the minority no matter how loud they shout.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Puts a bit of a dent in some people's 'Sony must release it digitally now or they will lose sales' argument.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen a positive reception to "leaked spoilers"... its always a shitstorm.

At the end of the day when the product released it turned out just fine.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
"Despite" the leaks? There's like a half dozen people nerdy enough to actually care about spoilers that much, anybody who thought this was gonna affect the sales for the game is crazy.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
*insert moderwarfare2boycott.png here*

It wasn't gonna have much effect at all. More people cared about the release date than the leak.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Entire movie scripts getting out there seem like a common occurrence even with big movies, didn't stop the regular joe from caring. When quantic dream games can get consistent sales going, another well known Playstation title shouldn't have a problem being popular.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes this forum builds another bubble out of steel around the existing bubble it already is in. I don't know who expected otherwise. What boycott? lol

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
The only ones who claimed that they would boycott it were transphobes and alt-righters. Why would their boycott ever matter? Anyone else either hasn't heard about it or doesn't give a damn about those leaks.