• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I've been ready for the next leap in interactive storytelling for quite awhile Troy...

Question is what will impress more in terms of scope, this or DS? It's a safe assumption TLOU2 will have DS beat handily in the animation dept but that isn't a surprise. My guess is TLOU2 will have a wee bit more gameplay and probably a much better balance between it and story than DS. Still, two of my most hyped games regardless.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In today's installment of Troy Baker has things to say about a game he's in...

FayaEmblaimu

Alt account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Breath of the wild didn t tell anything.
Aonuma or Reggie weren t arrogant.

Fire Emblem is taking the world by surprise.

Those "you are not ready" is annoying

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Are people seriously gonna lose their shit over this like his Death Stranding talk? I mean it's not like we are talking about ND or anything.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Neil Druckman is so arrogant and pretentious, this marketing I bloody well hate it I tell you.

Agent Matt

Oct 31, 2017
TLOU is the only game I've ever finished three times back-to back-to back. After finishing it the first time I sat there for a spell letting the glory of the ending wash over me and then, without even getting up, I immediately started up a second play-through. After my third play-through, I quit playing video games for three months (not planned - I just found every other game wanting).

So don't tell me I'm not f'ing ready Troy.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Also it's hilarious that the hype talk here, as in death stranding, causes ppl to take it personally and be like "the fuck you mean im not ready you dont know me fuck you troy", but at least this one didnt turn into "fuck you head of naughty dog you pretentious prick"

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We really aren't, but holy shit just bring it ND. I'm ready to be destroyed again.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Been ready for quite some time. Maybe it's just age, but it's hard to buy into any hype at this point.

I just want to play the damn game, I'll judge it for myself.

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
Love me some Troy Baker but it seems to me he is hyping games that he is directly involved with (TLoU2 and DS) I think he might hyped MGS TPP as well.

P.S both games are day 1 for me.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Imagine getting annoyed by a throwaway statement from someone working on the game. He's excited about the product and is likely dying to say more, but that's as much as he's allowed to say.

"Don't say anything then!"

Who gives a shit? Ignore it and move on with your life. It's like you're trying to find things to get angry about.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope both TLoU 2 and Death Stranding run well on PS4, I don't want to have to wait for PS5 to play them like I have been doing with Witcher 3 and Red Dead 2. All I ask is a stable, solid 30 fps and no audio glitches.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Some part of me thinks that Last of Us 2 cannot launch so quick after Death Stranding but I hope to be proven wrong.

I would not be surprised if it was May or June 2020.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Imagine getting annoyed by a throwaway statement from someone working on the game. He's excited about the product and is likely dying to say more, but that's as much as he's allowed to say.

"Don't say anything then!"

Who gives a shit? Ignore it and move on with your life. It's like you're trying to find things to get angry about.
It really is this simple but alas, we must riot.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
"There is nothing about this game, nor the reveals, that hasn't been one hundred per cent carefully crafted and methodically curated,"
SpicyConfusedCoati-size_restricted.gif

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

Yeah, about that. Basically, he ran off with everyone's money once PledgeMusic shuttered. Couldn't send out those signed albums people had already paid for, but had more than enough time to start a YouTube show. Yay!

I know, but his hyperbolic statements are getting annoying.

Also, this.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Ok so you don't like the first. Now can the people which love to the death the first, get hyped and rejoy to such quote? Thanks you in advance.

Well, I was talking about their last game, Uncharted 4, which disappointed me despite the fact that I liked the other 3. But ok.
(But yeah you are also right, I did not like TLOU1, which is why I want to be surprised. At least, it can only be better.)

I know people loved the first one. My first comment may sound embittered, I apologize for that. I genuinely want it to be a good game that I can enjoy.