• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

-Dodge a big part of the combat
-You can go prone
-They added a jump button
-Lots of hiding places
-New classes of infected
-You are not completely hiding in the grass depends on the height
-Joel alive doing something who knows!
-You can craft ammo now
-The AI will do alot of communication like whistling to try and find you
-They expended the AI to accommodate for the new prone they added
-Biggest game yet still wide linear but expanded even more
-That was just one possible play through in that vast space
-They wanted to blur the line between what is consider a combat space and an exploration space, they wanted every place to feel like it can have combat in it.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
When are they going to make the cutscene part interactive? I'm not saying I need Life is Strange, but the dance was more interesting than the murder fest in between.

speiky

"This guy are sick" says the Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
The game looks ridiculous. Naughty GODS.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Reminds me of the old legendary Hotel gameplay footage from the first one, and Uncharted's open forest combat gameplay trailer.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Fucking sensational. Loved the change between the happy flashbacks and combat encounter. The combat was incredibly brutal and satisfying, and jesus fucking christ the animations, and the level of care that went into everything this sequence has to offer is mindblowing.

This is looking like the best game that it could be for a TLOU sequel, and it's all I wanted.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Way too scripted like U4. Everything looks great except the gameplay. Stealth gameplay every other game has today.

I remember I was blown away by the U4 trailer but the game sucked when it came to gameplay. This trailer gives me the same vibe.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how they scripted all that while just making it look like random gameplay.

No way each encounter has that kind of intelligence.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony just sold me on a 4K TV and a PS4 Pro. Once this is out I'm getting both, for sure.

Tounsi_Tag

Oct 29, 2017
Incredible
I take it the first and final segments are the ' what if ' alternative universe or how life for Ellie would've been if the apocalypse didn't happen ?
Twitch chat's reaction to the kiss scene lmao

That looked incredible. I can't wait. Hopefully 2018.
I'm scared to ask what these reactions were, I was watching on Youtube and many comments were less than pleasent

I don't know how they scripted all that while making it look just like random gameplay.

No way each encounter has that kind of intelligence.
Didn't they show a gameplay video of the Pittsburgh hotel segment in TLoU and the encounters ended up being a little different in the final product with less interactivity? This could be a similar case

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So this footage was insane, super brutal. Might be a tough play, but I care about the characters so I'm in.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
Im lost for words, just incredible. Nothing looks close that iv seen yet.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the demo had the player die at least once. It just feels too scripted and replaying part of the sequence would demonstrate what part is dynamic and what's not.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I freaking love how gory this game is going to be based on today and all the other showings. They're not holding anything back.

The attention to detail in this is going to be broken down for weeks.