Oct 25, 2017
Sucker Punch please steal ND's eye rendering code for Ghost of Tsushima.
Lol, I was just thinking about how impressive the eyes look in this game. Especially with this shot.
the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-02-en-us-25mar20

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
only a fanboy would say this since no one has played TLoU2.

You can resort to insults all you want (clearly I've done something right :P), my opinion is based on what's in front of me. RDR2 isn't even the best looking game out now, in my eyes, so never mind when this drops.

People make calls on unreleased games all the time. Unless you plan to call all of them "fanboys", drop the petty insults.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
This sure as hell looks like Joel around the events of the first game to me
the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-14-en-us-25mar20

I've had this theory for years now, but I think the opening of the game might be what Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson played out during The Last of Us Part: One Night Live: https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/The_Last_of_Us:_One_Night_Live#Events_of.C2.A0One_Night_Live
Yup! I have the same theory

It would be awesome, since that interaction is pretty great. And it would serve as a great link to the sequal.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
"Only fanboys"....
But, it's fine. Think what you want. I'll make it simple and ignore you and choose to discuss with others who can keep it reasonable.

"others who can keep it reasonable" = people who don't challenge or call out what i say

"this game i haven't played yet is a step above one of the best looking games this generation." = reasonable

"only a fanboy would say this" =/= you are a fanboy

you do you, lmfao

Oct 29, 2017
I look forward the moment we can match the last decades CGI, but there is still a decent way to go to reach it. It only takes a second to look away from character faces to see the obvious gap between CGI and real time graphics when it comes to environments, clothes, hair, etc.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
FF7 Remake looks almost as good as, and better than Advent Children in some areas.

I know this is OT but (Courtesy of Edge)

4XJFXEx.png

I couldn't even...

These late gen titles are starting look ridiculously good. One thing to remember is that ND's art style isn't to mimic photo realism, rather a somewhat shinier version of it, albeit the saturation values are altered and colour temperature shifted in TLoU franchise to correspond to the world's tone.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
So which one is more impressive this or RDR2?
Only when we play,but I think Part 2 beats RDR2 easily in character department and facial animation,environment only when we play,but from the demos I would give to Part 2,what really impress more in RDR2 is the scope,it is a huge open world,Part 2 will be huge,just not a open world,let alone RDR2 scope.

EUnpBYSWsAEYmIn.jpg:orig

EUnpTqNWoAArVHb

EUnpTqCXgAon28u

EUno-4AXsAIj9mm

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I said it in the delay thread and will say it here as well.

I can't believe MANY are actually believing this is delayed till PS5.

This will be released on PS4 before the launch of PS5 ( my bet is September ).

The game is almost complete and made from the ground up for PS4, a console with already 100M+ userbase.

PS5 (ALREADY) have it's own launch line up of games build just to show off the console powers.

PS5 is BC with PS4.. a patch is all what it needs.

SONY did this literally every single generation they had.. releasing exclusives on their last few months of their console life before the release of next, but apparently people keep forgetting that this is normal situation for the company.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017

The game is almost complete and made from the ground up for PS4, a console with already 100M+ userbase.

PS5 (ALREADY) have it's own launch line up of games build just to show off the console powers.

SONY did this literally every single generation they had.. releasing exclusives on their last few months of their console life before the release of next, but apparently people keep forgetting that this is normal situation for the company.
I am sure it is trolling.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well now I have waaay more time to enjoy Final Fantasy 7 Remake. The two best games ever created (FF7 #2 and TLOU #1) in the same year is good enough.
And man.... looking at those screenshots again..... TLOU2 might be the best looking game I've ever seen. A new trailer would be nice, Sony :P

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
No game can compare to this quality.. ND are wizards.

My Ps4 Pro is ready to go into orbit someday with this game.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

Optimistic to think that things will be under control in the US come September.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
i'm the only one who find this screen the most impressive of the bunch? it's the one with less "videogamey" imperfection and it onestly looks almost like a movie scene
DhpLz3j.jpg

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
And remember folks, will look this good on a base ps4 with jaguar chips lol

Imagine when games take full advantage and made from the ground up on next Gen

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I mean it looks great obviously, but it's not that different from UC4, The Order etc

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The visuals looks beautiful. The graphics in this, and many other games that are already out are why I don't worry about the PS5 being the "weaker" of the next-gen consoles. Games already look like this on just the PS4 Pro.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
The Order? XD

The models are quite a clear step up from both of those games and as much as I loved them both, let's not short change ND like that.
yep, the order has still that cg looks in his locations (but it's a very small and scripted game) but character are already surpassed imo, especially faces.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
As a 3D character artist myself (just finished a project, in fact :P), I just have to give credit where due, particularly because I know that these models start in Zbrush where mine do. I know they have to reduce them a bit, but it's still wonderful to see what other artists come up with!