Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
* The trailer contains spoilers *

It's been nearly six months since we launched The Last of Us Part II and, in that time, we've been overwhelmed by the support shown by everyone that has played the game and reached out to share their experience with us. This story and its characters mean so much to the entire studio and to have it resonate with millions of people around the world and be recognized by industry and fan-voted awards over the last several weeks is beyond humbling.

With the year winding down and new players picking up the game for the first time over the holidays, we've put together a new trailer that provides an expanded look at the story, and, for the first time, focuses on Abby's emotional journey as it intersects and collides with Ellie's.

blog.playstation.com

The Last of Us Part II: Explore Abby’s story in new trailer

Naughty Dog shares a new trailer that focuses on Abby’s emotional story in The Last of Us Part II.

It would have been a good opportunity to announce a PS5 patch or version, but oh well.

Last edited:

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
Never clicked a title so fast in my life! Thought it was a DLC or something :(

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Good trailer but this is heavy spoiler territory and a lot of people are just playing the game now (it was just discounted for the first time, I think).

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I'm very much against them posting story spoilers like this without warning. The game isn't even that old. Some people may not even play it until they open up their Christmas gifts.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
They should have premiered this trailer at TGA. Imagine the salt.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Trolls lol I'm not getting this game until they announce their next-gen plans they aren't burning me I'd rather buy the uber deluxe remaster edition or whatever they have planned

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Just give us dynamic res 4K/60 fps as a patch, PLEASE ND. I'll even pay an upgrade fee, I just want to replay the game with graphical enhancements.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Getting feeling this is a reminder of the story to get it fresh in memory as Game Awards close

Plum

May 31, 2018
This honestly feels like a stealth 'For Your Consideration' trailer to game publications now that the GOTY season is rolling in lol

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason they did this is because they want to be able to publicly celebrate Abby the same way they celebrate the rest of the Sony characters, and they haven't been able to do that due to the spoiler nature of her storyline.

Imo, good. The more recognition Abby gets, the happier I am. Sucks for those that haven't played yet, but what can you do?

Also, if they are keeping the game in the public eye but not planning a patch or remaster or whatever to give us that sweet, sweet 60fps, that's going to make my quite unhappy :(

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
[MOD EDIT: No, there's no multiplayer or next-gen enhancements in the trailer]
DeficientAngelicHoneybadger-small.gif

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
*checks like/dislike ratio on youtube*

eh... it's not that bad?... Is the hate for Abby cooling down i guess?