Apr 19, 2018
I set Resources to Grounded+, and for the first time ever I'm not drowning in supplies. Feels good to have purpose when scavenging again. :)

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I just read you can backup your save on permadeath mode(I wonder if this is 100% true).

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Film Grain can be adjusted

New options and improvements
Alongside these new modes, we're excited to introduce a number of frequently requested improvements to the game, including the option to disable Listen Mode, adjust Film Grain levels, additional display options, improvements to accessibility features, and more. For our friends in the speedrunning community, we're also adding the ability to see playtime up to the second in the saves menu, making it easier to track and verify your runs. Here's a quick overview of the new features that will be added with the Grounded update:

• Saves now display playtime up to the second
  • Film Grain Adjustment option
  • Disable Listen Mode option
  • Motion Sensor Function Aiming option
  • Arc Throw HUD Display option
  • Aiming Acceleration Scale option
  • Aiming Ramp Power Scale option
  • Accessibility improvements to Ground Zero encounter, collectible tracking, Enhanced Listen Mode for collectibles, and rope gameplay
We hope you enjoy everything coming
Film grain ? Fucking finally

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried. Bought all extras. Can't believe the best looking game ever is even better looking now. So crisp without film grain

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but I just saw this:

Is there a way to enable that specific function again under Accessibility or whatever? The hit ticks are probably the single most important aspect in making Naughty Dog's gunplay since The Last of Us 1 so satisfying, this feels like a huge mistake. I don't see the tiny bit of extra challenge as worth the loss in satisfying feedback.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but I just saw this:

Is there a way to enable that specific function again under Accessibility or whatever? The hit ticks are probably the single most important aspect in making Naughty Dog's gunplay since The Last of Us 1 so satisfying, this feels like a huge mistake. I don't see the tiny bit of extra challenge as worth the loss in satisfying feedback.

Yeah, I noticed this, too, when I played an encounter. What a stupid decision.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what part of the modular difficulty I need to turn down from Grounded to enable them again, that would be great if possible, since you can manually disable Listen Mode now anyway.

I just checked on my game. It's the "Hit Marker" option under HUD. Checked on Chapters and Encounters and it looks like you're totally locked out of it on Grounded.

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked on my game. It's the "Hit Marker" option under HUD. Checked on Chapters and Encounters and it looks like you're totally locked out of it on Grounded.
Damn, that sucks. Thanks for checking, though.

Are you also locked out of that modular difficulty menu? I wonder if turning down Player from Grounded to Survivor would turn it back on.