• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember which preview it was, but someone mentioned that Stalkers are really scary now. That if they can detect where you're at then they're relentless and feel much more dangerous than in the original.
Weren't there only two sections with Stalkers anyway in the first game? The flooded basement and...some other area I think? They were extremely underutilized

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
This is sort of confirmed in the release date trailer, Ellie is holding a gun inside the car.

Ellie can shoot on horseback, so it would be safe to assume the same from inside a car.
I wouldn't say that's confirmation, could have easily been a cutscene or a set piece. However if you say you read it in a preview then I'll take your word for it lol. That's fucking hype!

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
So basically you can enter every house as well, either through the door, and if thats locked, break the fucking window.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

It gives more options when running away. šŸ˜›
Yeah the game is basically closer to Metal Gear Solid now than it is to the first game in terms of getting a way. In the first game you were basically fucked when you were caught, here you can easily, well, way easier lose your enemies. But it's also way easier for them to spot you, especially as it seems with these dogs.

tofaro28

Dec 17, 2018
I would be very happy if I had more easter eggs! Mostly from Crash Bandicoot.
It's obvious that easter eggs from something will show up somehow, but it would be really cool if they had Crash clothes, which they didn't have in the first game.
It would be crazy to see Ellie with Coco Bandicoot's outfit, lol!

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Yeah the game is basically closer to Metal Gear Solid now than it is to the first game in terms of getting a way. In the first game you were basically fucked when you were caught, here you can easily, well, way easier lose your enemies. But it's also way easier for them to spot you, especially as it seems with these dogs.
Can't complain about it being compared to the GOAT.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't complain about it being compared to the GOAT.
Exactly.

MGS is tied for my #1 game all time (with The Last of Us!).

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
When you're playing as Ellie and you're going through the shops to avoid David's guys it's right there
sQQRZTF.jpg

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Then Joel would be more suited to going on the revenge journey.

It's gonna be Dina.
The trailer is edited in a way that doesn't actually make sense with 1 piece of info we got from interviews and a couple previews. I'm pretty sure it's not Dina who dies after hearing it too.

Ellie is going to Seattle to find/meet up with Tommy. The trailer implies Tommy is against her going, but he already went ahead of her, implying he has someone he's after too. I actually think his wife was killed and the bit in the trailer is about something else or Tommy trying to discourage her from following him.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
Then Joel would be more suited to going on the revenge journey.

It's gonna be Dina.

Let's review what we already know.

They kidnap Tommy and Ellie goes to the rescue. That's what brings Ellie and Joel back together and that's why he tells her "you think i'd let you do this on your own?"

Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
There's something from the previews that already confirmed that
there is definitely some level of misdirection at play, because the scene where Ellie lost Dina in the snowstorm actually has Ellie ending up finding Dina safely, and they both take shelter - as opposed to how the trailer made it look like Ellie searched for Dina to the lodge, where she got ambushed.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
there is definitely some level of misdirection at play, because the scene where Ellie lost Dina in the snowstorm actually has Ellie ending up finding Dina safely, and they both take shelter - as opposed to how the trailer made it look like Ellie searched for Dina to the lodge, where she got ambushed.

Also, I don't believe that that fancy wooden cottage has cheap-looking fully concrete basement where something bad happened to Ellie/Dina. Living quarters where Ellie entered looked cleaned, fancy and modern, and then suddenly, decrepit basement, with cheap looking doors.

Nah, that sequence is a misdirect.

Sep 21, 2019
There's one change in particular I'm hoping to see in the enemy AI behaviour.

In the first game when they lost track of you during combat they would stand up and just start wandering around wherever they happened to be. It made them seem a bit stupid and made transitioning from combat to stealth a little too easy.

Instead they should converge on wherever they last located you.

I think it would make sense, both in terms of realism/"immersion" and gameplay. It makes sense. If you were fighting/hunting someone and lost track of them you'd naturally check the last place you saw them, then try to figure out where they could have gone without you seeing them. The second step is beyond what I'd expect from video game AI, but the first step seems perfectly achievable (he said, not knowing a thing about programming video game AI).

Gameplay wise, it would provide a bit of challenge and keep you on your toes, trying to find a safe route as they close in.

AI will completely change their routes once they spot you. They will group up and come after you. This has been confirmed. It will be a much enhanced version of the first game. People have described it as MGSV meets TLOU.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's review what we already know.

They kidnap Tommy and Ellie goes to the rescue. That's what brings Ellie and Joel back together and that's why he tells her "you think i'd let you do this on your own?"

Okay, that's not enough for her to go on a revenge spree though so there's another incident that happens for sure.

Oh.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the entire community get's massacred.

The trailer is edited in a way that doesn't actually make sense with 1 piece of info we got from interviews and a couple previews. I'm pretty sure it's not Dina who dies after hearing it too.

Ellie is going to Seattle to find/meet up with Tommy. The trailer implies Tommy is against her going, but he already went ahead of her, implying he has someone he's after too. I actually think his wife was killed and the bit in the trailer is about something else or Tommy trying to discourage her from following him.

That's interesting, either you're right about your theory of who it is or my idea about the community being attacked is what happens.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around watching the trailer. So
so it's totally not going to be Ellies girlfriend biting the dust and the reason of sending Ellie on her killingspree revenge journey.

What I hope it could be, or what I would want it to be is that Dina(girlfriends name right?) I think she will betray Ellie and kill Tommy. It'll also be revealed that Dina is part of the fireflies and is actually the daughter of that fireflies lady that Joel killed in the last chapter of the first game and this is Dina extracting her revenge for the death of her mother and lead to Ellie trying to find her for, again, revenge. The never ending circle of violence.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I just discovered something truly incredible just how good the AI is in this game. The gameplay we see is unscripted, but they're moments where it felt rehearsed.

- The moment Ellie goes into a house and gets spotted, she kills the first guy stabbing him in the neck. Then shoots the other guy who was with a dog. The dog goes around chasing Ellie and bites her on the arm.
CNEE7sJ.png

- She breaks away then jumps out of the window only to get surprised by another dog near the fence.
oovglrm.png

- Notice how the dogs show up at the right moment. It felt like something out of a movie like it was rehearsed.
ICO1m8F.png

- We hear one of the NPC's yell out "HERE, BY THE FENCE." That's the moment were Ellie was spotted by the second dog in the previous picture. Ellie notices the call out of her position and says "Nooo... Fuck"

- It's pretty wild because this is all happening on the fly when she's running.
79y4PhL.png

- It continues as Ellie enters another house trying to get away. The NPC yells "LOOK IN THERE" the moment she drops inside.
CYl5b4N.png

- Two NPC's then go downstairs to check. Once they see Ellie, the man says "SMOKE HER OUT." The woman then throws a smoke bomb and yells "GO. GO. GO." The woman actually throws a second smoke bomb before the video cuts away. So basically she smokes the place out while the man goes down the to get Ellie as you can see him running down there. Talk about teamwork from NPC's.

- Also, I noticed a pretty cool detail here. Both NPC's have gas masks on. This is something most people overlooked. So this means that the WLF will put on gas masks if they have smoke bombs available. That's a really cool detail.
9zaUfdE.png

The AI is so smart in this game, they managed to trap the player. The way they talk to each is incredible. Again this whole sequence felt like something out of a movie and this is unscripted gameplay.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I just discovered something truly incredible just how good the AI is in this game. The gameplay we see is unscripted, but they're moments where it felt rehearsed.

- The moment Ellie goes into a house and gets spotted, she kills the first guy stabbing him in the neck. Then shoots the other guy who was with a dog. The dog goes around chasing Ellie and bites her on the arm.
CNEE7sJ.png

- She breaks away then jumps out of the window only to get surprised by another dog near the fence.
oovglrm.png

- Notice how the dogs show up at the right moment. It felt like something out of a movie like it was rehearsed.
ICO1m8F.png

- We hear one of the NPC's yell out "HERE, BY THE FENCE." That's the moment were Ellie was spotted by the second dog in the previous picture. Ellie notices the call out of her position and says "Nooo... Fuck"

79y4PhL.png

- It continues as Ellie enters another house trying to get away. The NPC yells "LOOK IN THERE" the moment she drops inside.
CYl5b4N.png

- Two NPC's then go downstairs to check. Once they see Ellie, the man says "SMOKE HER OUT." The woman then throws a smoke bomb and yells "GO. GO. GO." The woman actually throws a second smoke bomb before the video cuts away. So basically she smokes the place out while the man goes down the to get Ellie as you can see him running down there. Talk about teamwork from NPC's.

- Also, I noticed a pretty cool detail here. Both NPC's have gas masks on. This is something most people overlooked. So this means that the WLF will put on gas masks if they have smoke bombs available. That's a really cool detail.
9zaUfdE.png

The AI is so smart in this game, they managed to trap the player. The way they talk to each is incredible. Again this whole sequence felt like something out of a movie and this is unscripted gameplay.

Great analysis! Haven't seen this gameplay yet, do you have a link?

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
You have forgot to put the bloody arrow through that doggy.
I was going to put some blood on the pups mouth, but thought someone might take offense to it, especially these days hah. Gotta be careful with the light-hearted comedic stuff, someone will always be around to get disgruntled for every subject. The day Lassie didn't come home... :'(

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

CNEE7sJ.png

oovglrm.png

ICO1m8F.png

79y4PhL.png

CYl5b4N.png

9zaUfdE.png

Awesome