• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
We're delighted to report that The Last of Us Part II is now the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever with more than 4 million copies sold through as of June 21. This milestone would not have been reached without the support from our amazing fans, so on behalf of everyone at SIE, thank you!

Previous records (sell-through) :
  • God of War - 3.1M in 3 days
  • Spider-man - 3.3M in 3 days

Some additional infos gathered :
  • Best Sony launch ever in UK (physical)
  • Best Sony launch ever in Spain / Russia / Czech Republic / Slovakia
  • Biggest launch ever in Russia for a game released on PlayStation platforms (beating GTA V, previous record holder)
  • Biggest launch of 2020 in Germany
  • Most preordered Sony game ever in Brazil
  • TLOU Part II was more preordered in Europe at the same point than Spider-Man

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best games Sony has ever been a part of. Congratulations to Naughty Dog, you created a masterpiece.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thumb_it-prints-money-ps4-money-2-sa-gamer-53701609.png

Last edited:

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
Spidey's record got crushed ! With all the numbers coming in lately, either from Gamstat or from specific markets, it was a foregone conclusion that TLOU II would beat it, but I'm glad it got 4M too !

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Goddayum!

Can't say I'm surprised but even so that's one hell of an achievement. Good job ND! Hope I can play this in a few months

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine just how much it would have sold if Neil Druckmann hadn't killed the franchise. Somebody post that Joel salt gif.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats!

Now imagine how much more it would sold if it wasn't boycotted due to the leaks /s

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I know they're itchy to announce numbers after zero PR for their 2 AAAs in 2019.

But I think they can't wait for 2 weeks after launch to announce it, lol.

NoirLamia777

Jan 13, 2019
Wow that is amazing! Such a fantastic game. Huge props to everyone involved and glad for their success. Now please give us that sci-fi game next :)

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
A hell of a game. Don't listen to the internet they have no idea what a real story is. Sorry the game wasn't what your fan fiction was. Incredible happy for the Naughty Dog