Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
So overview from the leaker what I read

Graphical showcase (Best looking game on ps5, looks better than part 2)

All animations redone

Enemy ai all new voices and act like TLOU2 (have names and such)

All new audio to take advantage of 3d audio

Gore and dismemberment like tlou2

Gameplay at its core is the same but more fluid due to tlou2 animations and movement. Able to run into throw into stab in one fluid motion instead of having to stop between all those actions

Guy is left very impressed and said the videos don't do it Justice

Cutscenes are amazing and the upgrade on facial animations and quality is insane. You can see spit come from characters mouths when they are angry

Grabbing things (ammo and stuff) is like TLOU2 you don't have to stop to grab every single item. You can walk and grab and it animates you grabbing it fluidly just like tlou2

s y

Nov 8, 2017

gameplay still processing

edit: that's definitely tlou1. god i hate that joel crab walk. shame you can't take enemy weapons like in part 2. that wouldn't have needed any redesign(and was in the tlou1 demos but removed in final game)

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Have we seen any dismemberment on non infected yet ...?

Starting to get worried.

That's 3 shotgun shot up close we have seen now that had none.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
IMG_4522.png
Maybe they didnt calibrate damage value right because I booted the ps4 version and it does it easily. Needless to say part 2 is insane in that front.
Now that it processed in higher quality. You can clearly see limbs gone when he threw the nail bomb

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are the animations looks like really bad in this game. The way they move feels a bit robotic.

RandomError

Oct 27, 2017
Why are the animations looks like really bad in this game. The way they move feels a bit robotic.

"Really bad" is too harsh but it doesn't look quite on pair with any Naughty Dog games.

Something's off about that.

This is something that's been bugging me since the first trailer. I think it's the way that the game is mixing assets from different eras. There's often blocking from 2013 in the same shot as facial animation, character models, lighting, and materials from 2020/2022. The juxtaposition of the more limited full body motion with the extremely detailed facial expressions makes the former look very wooden in comparison.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely understand the concerns about stuff looking off visually. And I agree with the post above in a sort of generalized way. There's these assets and environments, and just the way the cutscenes and set pieces play out that were all designed with less ambition in mind. So seeing them doing the same shot for shot, but then adding ultra high fidelity models makes it feel a bit weird. Seeing some of the intro, is like....yeah they would've done this wayyyy different if they were making that same story from scratch today.

Edit:
If you look at, for example, the scene with Tommy and Joel in the OP and compare it to Part II's intro where is just Tommy and Joel in a room again. Part II looks way more appealing and complex in away. The camera work is better, the lighting engine might be the same but the lighting design for that scene in part II is better, the set dressing, the blocking and composition, everything seems more "produced" in a way. Like if they were both live action so "graphic quality" doesn't come into play, the scene with Joel and Tommy in part II's intro is better executed visually.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So overview from the leaker what I read

Graphical showcase (Best looking game on ps5, looks better than part 2)

All animations redone

All new audio to take advantage of 3d audio

Gore and dismemberment like tlou2

Gameplay at its core is the same but more fluid due to tlou2 animations and movement. Able to run into throw into stab in one fluid motion instead of having to stop between all those actions

Guy is left very impressed and said the videos don't do it Justice

Cutscenes are amazing and the upgrade on facial animations and quality is insane. You can see spit come from characters mouths when they are angry

Grabbing things (ammo and stuff) is like TLOU2 you don't have to stop to grab every single item. You can walk and grab and it animates you grabbing it fluidly just like tlou2

Sounds great. Looking forward to diving in again.

edit: that's definitely tlou1. god i hate that joel crab walk. shame you can't take enemy weapons like in part 2. that wouldn't have needed any redesign(and was in the tlou1 demos but removed in final game)
Huh, I don't remember the fuckin rats nor good job kiddo lines. Wonder if it's not new, but left overs from the og game that where taken out, readded here? It's also possible that I just never heard these lines before.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the abandoned cars be less boxy and have transparent glass is great - one of the jarrings things that stood out to me when I played the ps4 version late last gen.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire

View: https://i.imgur.com/AFByP2T.mp4
Revolver shootin' looks as clunky as the original/remaster. I kinda liked that about the revolver. I'm not sure if it actually did more damage but it felt very stiff in how it fired so it felt more powerful to shoot

*some dude looking at a red paste that used to be two other dudes*
"Guys. I think...I think they might have got Omar!"

My third favourite moment from TLOU2

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017

youtu.be

The Last of Us Remastered - Gameplay Walkthrough Part 9 - Financial District (4K 60FPS) PS4 PRO

The Last of Us Remastered Gameplay Walkthrough Grounded Mode Full Game PS4 Pro No Commentary 2160p 60fps HD let's play playthrough review guide.Showcasing al...

Remastered version of the level for comparison

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I got my new TV
I got my new audio system
I can't wait to sink my teeth into this beauty. I swore I wouldn't let another PS Studio game go by without completing my entertainment system upgrade. Still working my way through a replay of God of War while balancing Destiny 2, so hopefully I can get that all out of the way in time for TLOU Part 1

Yorker14

Apr 27, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Smooth moves Joel.

Definitely taking a few Ls in the sewer. There's a tough as nails infected fight in there on grounded.
Yep, that's where I got stuck on my Grounded playthrough years ago. Made it to the room with the stalkers without too much difficulty but just couldn't get past that point. I tried for weeks.

Ended up loading an earlier save from before the sewers and did my best to conserve as much ammo and crafting equipment as possible. Would just hide behind Henry and let him handle most of it. Finally got past that room of stalkers only to get to the final room in the sewer where you have to hold off while the door is being opened. Same thing happened there - I got stuck for weeks and eventually didn't return.

It's the only game since the PS1 era when I was a child where I have stopped playing due to the difficulty. I have beaten both it and Part II multiple times on Survivor mode but for some reason just couldn't get past that point in Grounded. It put me off ever trying Grounded for Part II.

That was in 2015 and I'm likely a *better* gamer now, so I could probably do it. But yeah, that was a genuine blockage for me.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Voiced by the very white Laura Bailey. If it's not one thing, it's the other.

Still, I know they're aware of this criticism and I believe they'll do better with their next game.
The character of Nadine itself is cool imo. Laura Bailey already said she won't voice Nadine again, so I don't see any problem with recasting the voice actor and keep using Nadine character in future games

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017

View: https://i.imgur.com/AFByP2T.mp4
Revolver shootin' looks as clunky as the original/remaster. I kinda liked that about the revolver. I'm not sure if it actually did more damage but it felt very stiff in how it fired so it felt more powerful to shoot

I love the revolver. Something about feels right and yeah I think it's that clunky feel, no joke. That thing just dishes out damage in a satisfying way.

Yep, that's where I got stuck on my Grounded playthrough years ago. Made it to the room with the stalkers without too much difficulty but just couldn't get past that point. I tried for weeks.

Ended up loading an earlier save from before the sewers and did my best to conserve as much ammo and crafting equipment as possible. Would just hide behind Henry and let him handle most of it. Finally got past that room of stalkers only to get to the final room in the sewer where you have to hold off while the door is being opened. Same thing happened there - I got stuck for weeks and eventually didn't return.

It's the only game since the PS1 era when I was a child where I have stopped playing due to the difficulty. I have beaten both it and Part II multiple times on Survivor mode but for some reason just couldn't get past that point in Grounded. It put me off ever trying Grounded for Part II.

That was in 2015 and I'm likely a *better* gamer now, so I could probably do it. But yeah, that was a genuine blockage for me.

Lol that section is truly ruthless.

I'll report back how many tries that area takes me lol I'll be happy if it's under 20.

Grounded on part II is no joke, way harder I think. Hillcrest is a legit nightmare lol I love it though.

Yorker14

Apr 27, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Lol that section is truly ruthless.

I'll report back how many tries that area takes me lol I'll be happy if it's under 20.

Grounded on part II is no joke, way harder I think. Hillcrest is a legit nightmare lol I love it though.
Yeah I had a good time with Survivor difficulty in TLOU2 but there were definitely some challenging moments. Hillcrest was lovely though - the perfect kind of challenge for what I like in that a lot is thrown at you but you are given so many different tools and routes to deal with it all. Absolutely beautiful level design.

RandomError

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I don't remember the fuckin rats nor good job kiddo lines. Wonder if it's not new, but left overs from the og game that where taken out, readded here? It's also possible that I just never heard these lines before.

I'd never heard them either, but from watching videos of the original sequence it looks like there were a number of different lines recorded that could be played if things got loud.