Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It's the Gerudo symbol

E0e09sq.png
Don't ruin my "we're going to the moon" theory damnit

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the shot of Link and Zelda making camp while their beast takes a sip of water from the pool nearby.

That really drove home that Link and Zelda are adventuring together again. Felt so cozy despite the ominous music and setting.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
If it's the same map with some changes, I'll be disappointed. Never a fan of that.

Do people think that's likely?

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
I could not possibly be more stoked for this sequel, BOTW is my favorite game since Super Mario Bros 3. This news is hard to beat.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
They're only not announcing the date because they wanna positively surprise people with Holiday 2020. Book it.
They're definitely targeting Holiday 2020, but Zelda games have a long history of delays. BotW2 would be the first 3D Zelda not to see a delay since... Wind Waker? I think they're still being shy on a release year, so they don't have to formally delay it if 2020 doesn't pan out.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I don't get all the comparisons to Majoras Mask (as a game, reusing assets is fine) tone, the teaser was a bit dark yes but its a continuation of the same storyline, Majoras was way different with another antagonist and focus.this looks to be more BoTW wich is good

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They're definitely targeting Holiday 2020, but Zelda games have a long history of delays. BotW2 would be the first 3D Zelda not to see a delay since... Wind Waker? I think they're still being shy on a release year, so they don't have to formally delay it if 2020 doesn't pan out.
It is the first Zelda to reuse engine and be a direct sequel since Majora's Mask so ...

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder what they will archive on the switch

Like, they already have the tech in place ( i think it was the most difficult thing in BOTW, make a game like that run on a wii u) so...they just have to improve it

And the switch is more powerful, so we will see. Also, nintendo have to beat themselves haha lets see if Aonuma is up to the task

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 1/2 years development time for a "direct sequel" using a pre-existing engine/art style sounds about right. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were 2 years apart.

This is probably going to be their holiday 2020 game unless the quality of it for some reason is below standard.

I think you'll get Mario Odyssey 2 in 2020 also.

Oct 26, 2017
It looked like the Castle was uprooting itself at the end of the trailer. Maybe it flies off to a new land?

Yeah I think they will have to leave to follow it or something, and that beast Zelda is riding on has to be some kind of new mechanic, it has its own torch holders :D Maybe torchlight will be an all round new mechanic in the sequel, not just a few special areas.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is also why BOTW didn't get a lot of DLC, they probably by summer 2017 realized BOTW was going to be the biggest selling Zelda game ever, and pivoted quickly towards just making a sequel game on the same engine instead.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
3 1/2 years development time for a "direct sequel" using a pre-existing engine/art style sounds about right. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were 2 years apart.

This is probably going to be their holiday 2020 game unless the quality of it for some reason is below standard.

I think you'll get Mario Odyssey 2 in 2020 also.
I don't know if blowing their load with a BotW2 and Odyssey 2 in the same year would be a good idea. If Odyssey has a sequel it'd be smarter to hold it until the following year.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if blowing their load with a BotW2 and Odyssey 2 in the same year would be a good idea. If Odyssey has a sequel it'd be smarter to hold it until the following year.

EAD Tokyo works pretty fast though, a new game every 2 years is pretty standard for them. I think maybe one of them coming in the summer and the other in late fall could happen.

Xerzix

Dec 1, 2017
I'm a man that is hard to please..
But this.. this makes me really happy.

Today Nintendo delivered. I'm satisfied.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
It looked like the Castle was uprooting itself at the end of the trailer. Maybe it flies off to a new land?
They're in a cave most of the trailer. Perhaps the focus isn't where the castle's going, but the hole it leaves behind.

I was initially upset at the shot of Hyrule but if it's an updated overworld with a massive cave system I'll be set.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Sequel to massively popular game. I for one am shocked :p

I'll definitely play it. Just hope they don't keep the same weapon system.