Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
LET's FREAKING GOOOO!!!!!!! Winter Soldier Link is here to stay! The verticality has me itching to see more. So ready for this. Sad it's not this year. Hopefully it's day and date with Switch Pro.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I hope that, despite being set in the sky, we also get to see more caves and underground stuff.

I wonder what that power where time seems to rewind and Link "falls up" through that cliff is.

Also, how do we reach the islands? Cannons? Hookshots? Jumping from land? Revali's gale?
I don't think it's necessarily a power

I think those are warp points for reaching the sky. You stand in a puddle and then shoot up into an island.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seemingly no playable Zelda is such a fucking disappointment. Come on Nintendo.

Mar 11, 2021
DAMN

They told us we were going into caves

Turns out we're going into SPACE

I love that they're leaning into Skyward Sword's sky land concept, but actually good!

This game gonna be legit best Zelda ever, very clear to me

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I for one I'm excited about the inevitable Loftwing presence. Even though the sky was barren, I always loved their design & feel.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
A Shield with a A Dragon Head That Shoots Fire:
HN92ORJ.png
you point to the shield... im watching that hanging down LIKE LIKE!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks utterly stunning. Even with the gameplay and trailers from BOTW, the actual game had so many more amazing surprises in store. Loving the mystery of this game and it's scale is looking even more epic.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
With a 2022 release I hope that means I will be able to do a Pro playthrough of the first game before it's out.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
One weird thing about this game is that it's pretty obvious by now that they really are reusing textures and stuff, so it's hard to see what's taking so long. What we've seen so far really does look like a BotW Expansion Pack. And by their own words, it was the physics engine that caused them the most trouble with BotW, not the maps. If BotW 2 is basically just BotW with a new toolkit and a rearranged map, it's hard to see why that would take 6 years.
Maybe they don't want ot make another half empty game that primarily consists of bite sized content thrown all over an enormous map. If they want to fill the enormous space of BotW with good puzzle content and unique non wrpgey tasks, this is a totally different level of level design necessary.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I feel people are probably reading too much into Link's long hair outfit. I highly doubt it is some playable past-ganon. It's most likely just an alternative costume/armor set for link. We already saw armor sets alter Link's hair in the first game.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Ah.... is that all they showed? A minute and a half trailer.
Serious question since I'm at work. Was there a press release too?

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's gonna be time travel/dimension fuckery. Playing as the Link in the legends prior to the Calamity and then post Calamity. I'm so excited!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Right off the bat, I'm guessing that the different hairstyles are what will come with different completed outfits. Still gonna be Link from end-to-end, I think.

That said, I'm very excited to see more information about this game ... but I still hold that legendary BOTW trailer as the benchmark. There's still a ton of information within the trailer as far as gameplay, abilities, and locations go, and I'm sure people are currently going through it frame-by-frame for a deeper dive into what we saw. Still wish there was more to it, but hey, it's a while out, COVID is a thing, and the benchmark set by BOTW's trailer is absurd.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Really seems like this game is going to finally fulfill the wasted potential of Skyward Sword's empty, boring sky overworld.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
On first watch I thought they were going full megaman arm with the flamethrower and stuff, but now see that the Flamethrower is on the left arm, while the weird corrupted arm is on the right, so I guess you can just pick a flamethrower up!

If you look closer, it's a shield with what appears to be a Dragon Head, much like the Zonai architecture from BotW.

I'm all for it, more shield variety is a great additional to the series, hopefully they will expand into a couple new types (a Boomerage Shield or Magnetic Shield would be cool).

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
That trailer was really intriguing. The wait to next year is expected, but it was a good tease to hold me over.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I hope Zelda does not just fall into a hole in the ground and not be seen again until the end credits.

Exploring the sky with Link and the underground with Zelda would be really sick.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Never played Skyward Sword but my first feeling upon watching link fall from the sky was quite pesimistic. I mean, Nintendo already explored that in a previous game, one that's quite recent and that's even being rereleased in switch right now. I guess they'll do things differently, of course, but still, i was really hoping that it would do something completely new, I don't know.

For those that played SS, are you not feeling let down a bit?

GoatLink

Banned
Jun 3, 2021
Though I'm disappointed by the lack of graphical improvements(let's wait for the switch pro to see) this games seems like everything I wanted Skyward Sword to be. Being able to explore the sky and the ground at the same time, that's what I thought SS would be about(not that section divided mess). I like BOTW(some genious amazing ideas though not huge fan of the entire package) but this game has a lot of potential.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am a bit disappointed that we still won't see Castle Town and the Caslte restored or at least partially restored and filled with life again. :/ I do miss big, bustling cities in BotW and probably also Botw2 as it looks like.

Time travel incoming.

Y'all heard it here first.

Please, I want to see Castle Town in its heyday.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I know some people were possibly hyped for the possibility Zelda could be playable but it seems they did away with that 5 seconds into the trailer.

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
Here's my theory about why they were not showing Link's face when he has his hair loose.

It's because the green energy that took hold of his arm is expanding to his face, and it will end looking similar to the unused concept they had for Botw just with a bit of a visual redesign.
images

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing the surface is still the main overworld

the sky and the caves are the new dungeons

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
Interesting that in all the shots of classic blue tunic Link, and in the final shot of Hyrule Castle, there are no islands visible in the sky... Maybe the sky islands don't appear until partway through the game (like after a Great Plateau-esque prologue) or perhaps this is evidence of two Hyrules: parallel universes or different time periods, one with sky islands and one without (and two versions of Link). Or perhaps it's one world and individual sky islands or groups of islands can be manipulated, like Link is able to raise or lower the sky islands in each zone of the map?
Thinking about it more, the time reversal ability might actually explain the sky islands ... like time has been reversed on a grand scale, causing long-ago "grounded" sky islands to float back up into the sky. Or perhaps Link himself uses the time reversal ability on various landmasses throughout the game, causing sky islands to rise so that he'll be able to use them as stepping stones to reach the floating Hyrule Castle.