Status
Not open for further replies.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
User Banned (3 days): hostility
fuck the haters this game kicks ass and QOL changes will make it kick even more ass. So glad this is coming instead of TP (which will probably also come down the road)
Criticism of Nintendo for charging full price on barely upgraded ports of ten year old Wii games doesn't make people a "hater", but corporate boot licking like this allows Nintendo to get away with what they're doing.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
There are many issues with Skyward Sword but the art style is one of its strengths!

Here's a better screenshot (emulated at higher res, with improved UI):
E6hTjGB.png
Just me but it looks like all textures were improved in this shot?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
It also had no upgrades whatsoever. Runs at the same framerate and resolution. It's the most barebone and disappointing release of all the Wii U rerelease.
Not disagreeing, but I'll always take new content over tech upgrades personally, but there definitely hasn't been a single Wii U port Nintendo's done that I've felt has fully justified they're price.

I'd love to get DK Tropical Freeze and NSMBU, but I have yet to see them cheap enough for me to justify the price.

Pikmin I love enough (and I had a gift card) that I didn't completely mind the price, and I played handheld so the resolution didn't bother me.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
This is the last Zelda game I wanted to see ported but it was the obvious choice for them. Button controls make it more appealing but this isnt worth the $80+ taxes it would cost up here anyways.

I do like the joycons though so I would like to try and get those if possible.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
It's the 10000th time Nintendo priced a port 60$, how can we even be surprised? Just decide with your wallet.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Button controls doesn't seem quite accurate. I kinda wanted a more complete overhaul instead of a workaround. Still though, that ship dungeon is pretty fun.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Twilight Princess HD was full price with minimal changes this isn't surprising but it still sucks.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
They couldn't do a 3 in one like with Mario?

Nintendo kills me sometimes. They make goat games but make the most annoying business decisions if you're a fan of those games.

Oct 27, 2017
Conflicted...
Like, I'm excited to play Skyward Sword again, SS is a great game and I'm happy to see it getting a second life on Switch, but boy do I hate the fact that Nintendo is charging $60 for a decade old Wii game lol
This should be up on their online store for 30-40 bucks.
The Zelda game that almost killed Zelda games. Rad.
One of the stupidest post I've ever seen on Era, congrats!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played the game in a minute..how would the camera work if you use the R stick to slash with the sword?

Oct 26, 2017
Criticism of Nintendo for charging full price on barely upgraded ports of ten year old Wii games doesn't make people a "hater", but corporate boot licking like this allows Nintendo to get away with what they're doing.

I'm not a fan of the price, but why do you make it sound like Nintendo is committing major transgressions? You can alternatively choose not to buy the game.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

Oct 25, 2017
No Funky mode, no Demise's Fury mode, no updated graphics. Just a crusty looking Wii game for full price. I hate this.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is a great game and I hope people that haven't played it yet enjoy it as much as I did.

Aonuma's "it's not as bad as you think look how much like BotW it is" doesn't inspire a lot of confidence however.

Ruffy666

Oct 27, 2017
Now here's a game I bought for the Wii and literally never unwrapped. Partially because of the lackluster reviews I'm sure, but there must've been other game(s) out around the same time that took precedence and I just never got to it. So... is it worth a double-dip??? I guess we'll have to see just what kind of QoL improvements have been made. If it really is just a straight port I'm probably not interested.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
It's crazy how Nintendo put way more effort in their WiiU/3DS remasters

Wind Waker HD practically looked like a different game

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Love this game, hope they can clean up some of the tutorialization and repetition at the start of the game which were the biggest drawbacks for me, but I'm really happy this game is being freed from the Wii, and hope all 3D Zelda games make it to the Switch before the end of the generation. I could totally see OOT 3D + MM and Windwaker + TP collections coming eventually as well.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Button controls is appreciated, even if I suspect using the right stick for the sword will be a bit iffy (though the motion controls already are, so hey).

Status
Not open for further replies.