• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
I feel like this game will overwhelmed me a bit, not that is a bad thing but reading reviews feel like this is a deep game with so many mechanics that you'll need time to get used to and think out of the box

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
This game is going to have legs online. Regular people will play through it, the online content generators will absolutely go to town on the game.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
g9i6qQd.png

Noticed this in Zeltik's video. New ability wheel instead of the left/right scrolling from BOTW.
The new ability in the bottom right he mentioned he cannot talk about but you don't get it at the beginning of the game and the ability "streamlines ultrahand".

I assume this has to do with what's mentioned in the GVG preview at 10:01: https://youtu.be/Mq07sK-q-S0?t=601

"Building can be challenging, but Nintendo did include an easier means of creating vehicles for those who aren't keen on the new mechanic."

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too worried about the controls. Magnesis was also pretty fickle to control in BOTW, and I can appreciate that some mastery will be truly required to make the most advantage out of everything.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This is Switch's swan song, right? Seems very good, probably another smashing hit for Nintendo.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
g9i6qQd.png

Noticed this in Zeltik's video. New ability wheel instead of the left/right scrolling from BOTW.
The new ability in the bottom right he mentioned he cannot talk about but you don't get it at the beginning of the game and the ability "streamlines ultrahand".
What is that purple icon with 3 hands?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
So the solution to getting knocked off a Sky Island mid-exploration is the Travel Medallion from BOTW. Creates a custom fast-travel point you can warp back to!

Hulk1988

Jul 7, 2021
We are sooooooooooo back. Seeing Link soar into the South Hyrule Sky Archipelago in that IGN vid with zero frame dips is a genuinely impressive technical feat.

vLLhtXX.png

www.ign.com

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Hands-On Preview: It Lets You Test Out Your Craziest Ideas - IGN

We played The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for hours, and we want to tell you all about our hands-on impressions of Link's latest adventure.
youtu.be

I Played Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Here's What I Thought

Can Nintendo top Breath of the Wild, or will Tears of the Kingdom leave fans wanting? We recently went hands-on with the game at a preview event to find out!...

Nope. Looks like 15-20 FPS.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As for the controls, i imagine that they will give to you one at the time and not everything together like they gave to the jornalists

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Seeing the ability wheel with the different abilities on it worries me slightly for progression - there is only 1 empty spot and it seems like Recall is our only 'tear ability' I wonder if we'll only get access to the other 'tear abilities' when we are with the champions wielding those tears.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I found BOTW's controls pretty shoddy, so to hear them called out here as worse is a slight concern.

On the plus side the comments about a stable framerate is excellent. That was my biggest worry about the game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
youtu.be

I Played Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Here's What I Thought

Can Nintendo top Breath of the Wild, or will Tears of the Kingdom leave fans wanting? We recently went hands-on with the game at a preview event to find out!...

Nope. Looks like 15-20 FPS.
The Nintendo b-roll (which I use a little of) seems a bit off in terms of framerate. It runs well.
People who have actually played it says it runs well so I'll take their word for it

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
The seemingly more complicated controls is definitely worrisome, and I wish we got a bit more beyond crafting in the sandbox, but it's looking good for sure. The crafting just sounds like . . . a lot.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An "auto-build" option sounds great because I can tell I'm gonna lose interest in sticking random stuff together to make a boat after the first couple times they make you do it.

Oct 25, 2017
I was fine with BotW's finicky controls, so I don't think this will be much different. To me, that was part of the difficulty of using some of Link's abilities, making it all the more satisfying when things went right.

And i got used to the jump/run thing. After 100 hours in BotW, I genuinely wasn't bothered by it.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Interesting to see the spread of opinions on how new vs. familiar the game feels. Wonder how that will change the more you play.

Also wonder if they really and truly have thrown out the old powers entirely.

Re the controls thing: I actually found the closeness of run and jump on the joycons sort of made things work fine but when I switched to a bigger controller it was less comfortable. Might make use of remap or back buttons this time.

dkunit

Mar 16, 2023
g9i6qQd.png

Gamespot mentioned an ability to summon premade vehicles. I bet that's what that is.