Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
I want to see the animals talk or sing before I get overly hyped for this. They have to nail that. The lion king is my favorite movie of all time and I am fearful that this will be like the beauty and the beast. Easily forgotten in the circle of life.

Beauty and the beast desevered better, and the lion king does too. Next year is going to be interesting...

This nala song better be good. Anyone remember that new song in the beauty and the beast? I sure don't.

How are they going to replace/remove this masterpiece

I agree. But If they add "he lives in you" then they have a chance of surpassing the original musically.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The moment I saw John Oliver's name come up, I knew exactly which character and could hear all of the lines in his voice.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
DspUa9oUwAE4oMX.jpg:large

tenor.gif
It's like they forgot to actually use interesting compositions and color in their quest to make everything look really real real real.

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe they'll change this dialogue.

simba-what-the-fuck-did-i-just-say.jpg

It looks great but I really don't get how or why they keep trying to pass this off as "Live action."

It's full CGI, live action implies it's mostly real people/sets, etc. Just like the Jungle Book was 99% cgi this looks like it's going to be 100% CGI, so it's an animated movie, not live action.

The graphics looked insane though, can't wait to see how this turns out. Though part of me wishes, since they got James Earl Jones back, that they'd have gotten Jeremy Irons back for Scar.

Here:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Some of y'all are defending this movie like Simba is your child lol
Not defending this movie, and Simba ain't my kid. But Simba is my inner kid. The original movie and its establishment of Mufasa and Simba's father-son relationship hits me emotionally than anything else. My dad was superman for me. I didn't come from a broken home, had a father who was around when not working, all that jazz. It wasn't perfect, but he was still that rock in my life. The way Mufasa scolded him after the graveyard, then reassured Simba that he will always be around and then the play fight and he gives him a noogie, that was my relationship with my father. He is not dead, but he is sick and that rock in the sense of childhood idealism of what a father should be has died. I watch the movie because it reminds me of what once was. The way Mufasa asks his son to remember is how I feel when I need to muster courage to take care of my now frail and aging father. If this movie can recreate those emotions, than yea its worth defending. I won't care about window dressings, music, or anything else as long as it can captivate me the way the original has. And that is all that matters. If it doesn't even do that then yeah, its not worth defending.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm sure if the song is included, they will associate it's leitmotif accordingly.
Yeah, it's not the only time they've done it either - the stage show for Aladdin at Disneyland made a new song for Jasmine out of the Genie's freedom leitmotif from the movie.

The female characters got robbed in the movie so I'm cool with them elevating Nala's importance (as well as gender-flipping Rafiki) in the musical, even if it means taking a theme away from Simba and Mufasa (who have the Endless Night theme anyway).

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Redundant as fuck.

This trend of remaking their classics but they're realistic nao!!1 is so annoying.

The original movie is timeless, it looks gorgeous, and the music won't be topped. The exact same can be applied to every other remake they've done.
So if they know the remake won't surpass or even come near the original, what is the point (aside from easy $$$$$) ? Where's the art style?

Obvious pandering to nostalgia, but not even done in a good way. I love nostalgia. This does it terribly. It's shot for shot but devoid of color and character. Yay? This is supposed to excite me how?

The way they churn these out on an assembly line really annoys me. Settle the fuck down Disney.

This looks like it has no soul, just like all the other remakes. They try to go shot for shot but also scrap entire important aspects of the originals. What the actual fuck.

This trend sucks, I hope it dies.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Redundant as fuck.

This trend of remaking their classics but they're realistic nao!!1 is so annoying.

The original movie is timeless, it looks gorgeous, and the music won't be topped. The exact same can be applied to every other remake they've done.
So if they know the remake won't surpass or even come near the original, what is the point (aside from easy $$$$$) ? Where's the art style?

Obvious pandering to nostalgia, but not even done in a good way. I love nostalgia. This does it terribly. It's shot for shot but devoid of color and character. Yay? This is supposed to excite me how?

The way they churn these out on an assembly line really annoys me. Settle the fuck down Disney.

This looks like it has no soul, just like all the other remakes. They try to go shot for shot but also scrap entire important aspects of the originals. What the actual fuck.

This trend sucks, I hope it dies.

Hard to kill such a trend when they are making boatloads of money. This will be at least a billion dollar movie.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Hard to kill such a trend when they are making boatloads of money. This will be at least a billion dollar movie.

Damn shame cuz everyone knows this won't top the original and the same can be said for any future remake they ever make unless they put some real heart and soul into it.

This drab, characterless crap ain't it.

But y'know, $$$. Bravo Disney.