DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
pidYg6P.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCwmXY_f-e0
Darkness will bind them.
Sauron has returned. Cast out by Galadriel, without army or ally, the rising Dark Lord must now rely on his own cunning to rebuild his strength and oversee the creation of the Rings of Power, which will allow him to bind all the peoples of Middle-earth to his sinister will. Building on Season 1's epic scope and ambition, Season 2 of Amazon's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power plunges even its most beloved and vulnerable characters into a rising tide of darkness, challenging each to find their place in a world that is increasingly on the brink of calamity. Elves and dwarves, orcs and men, wizards and Harfoots… as friendships are strained and kingdoms begin to fracture, the forces of good will struggle ever more valiantly to hold on to what matters to them most of all… each other.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Fake Aragorn might be the most miscast actor in history

God damn does he look goofy as Sauron

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Is that still Charlie Vickers as Sauron? I'm not sure.

But I'm excited, I mostly liked the first season. The Harefoot story dragged a little but other than that it was really good.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen the first season and don't know if I ever will, but this was a nice trailer.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
Continues to look very expensive.

I struggled with the first season in the beginning but felt it found its stride about halfway through. Hopefully this continues that energy from the off rather than taking another few episodes to ramp up again.

EndlessSummer

Mar 21, 2022
Looks about the same as the first season, which was pure garbage. Will watch it, but I have no faith in this.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
I don't know if I have the strength in me to watch this after the first season. For me, it was putrid in every regard besides the technical.

ew.com

'Rings of Power' to wrap season 2 without showrunners amid writers' strike

Amazon's 'The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power' is continuing production on season 2 during the Hollywood writers' strike.

I didn't know this, but it may end being better without them if they were the same people as Season 1.

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
Looks great visually.

Curious what they're doing with the Annatar guise though. Hasn't Sauron already effectively infiltrated the elves and convinced them to make the rings by the end of S1?

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I very much enjoyed Season 1 and didn't know this would be out this year. Sweet, so we're getting another HotD/ RoP double whammy this summer

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yesss, can't wait.

also LEGO literally just dropped this minutes before the trailer.

View: https://x.com/LEGO_Group/status/1790370354680021324

don't know if I have the strength in me to watch this after the first season. For me, it was putrid in every regard besides the technical.
there's no accounting for taste, i guess.

I do hope the watch thread is much more civil since so many of the haters wont be hate watching cause the first season was so terrible.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I was convinced the Sauron guy was some Aragorn ancestor and the old amnesiac was Sauron for a bit but they got me good.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
looks cool

the elf fighting still looks kinda goofy especially with the jumping but oh well

no mention yet of schedule but since they don't explicitly say all episodes drop I assume its 2-3 episodes at release and then weekly.

i don't think the trailer showed at all NotGandalf?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Never had any doubt. The goat is back.
Cant believe its coming in august already. Was expecting next year

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely loved the first season but I do understand the criticisms. Hoping this will help bring more people on board, I'd hate to see it cancelled.

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent! Loved the first season and am very excited for this one. I am also very excited for the soundtrack; ROP S1 had possibly the best TV soundtrack of all time.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a ton of confidence but will watch

If nothing else the show continues to look expensive as fuck

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I kind of liked S1, and am interested in S2 with where they continue to go with the second age history. My wife and I already have a calendar reminder about the LEGO Barad-dur!

Last edited: