• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I didn't know what to expect but I'm glad to see lots of new blood on the team.

Man, following this game since the E3 of last year I can say this really is Capcom giving the game that royal treatment.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Just watched it. I'm looking forward to more. As a follower of the series I do find it interesting how my favourite franchise grows and changes.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned this in the OT, but watching this it seems like they've finally executed what they wanted the game to be since the first one.

I always love watching BTS videos like this. I assume there's gonna be two more, one for Thursday and one for Friday release?

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Always makes me sad seeing stuff like his message at the end of the video like "It's almost time for players to get their hands on Monster Hunter: World."

...unless you're a PC player.

Hopefully they do more behind the scenes type stuff like this though.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me of all the creative way sound directors come up with monster noises.

Like it never occurred to me even something as simple as flapping wings need a real life substitute.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone else caught this, but looks like in their dev build, Palicoes were playable, like they were in Generations. Here's the timestamp where you can see it on the TV in the background

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I think there's no greater proof of that accomplishment of creating fantastic 'believable' beast than people feeling guilty about killing them.

The last game I know that does that to people was SotC.... Which coincidentally just came out again.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, will watch tomorrow.

So the producer says their no 1 goal was to "rethink Monster hunter because of the technology" , seems like the move reinvigorated them, im so happy for them to have access to much more powerful machines to really push thier ideas, looks like they've been wanting this for a long time.

Feels like they never want to go back to handhelds, the success almost guarantees they'll get all the backing they need to continue on consoles/pc as the mainline platform for these games.

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me of all the creative way sound directors come up with monster noises.

Like it never occurred to me even something as simple as flapping wings need a real life substitute.
Sound design is one of the coolest things in entertainment. So many sounds we take for granted required inventive solutions.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I just started playing this on my XB1 and it's so much fun, took a break from SMO and BOTW to try it out and I've been hooked , still trying to defeat pukei pukei though.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
good piece

I remember there being several people concerned that his position came from nepotism. II guess his curriculum and the success of MHW are gonna put a stop to these doubts.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're really pumping these videos out but its really cool to see so much behind the scenes stuff. Hopefully they'll be this forth coming with DLC in the near future!

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I didn't expect them to fly all the way out to the US to record the music for this game @_@

I may not understand it completely but whatever magic they did got me hooked.

I keep hearing the chorus to "Proof of a Hero" whenever I'm about to jump off a ledge.... In game.

Yes, it seems they went above and beyond for next gen consoles. The composers and the orchestra did a fantastic job.