Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Doom is no man's feature, Doom is the J Cole of Supervillains
Of course the final act shall be seeing Kang's foolishness rewarded with a crushing defeat at the hands of Latveria's liberator while the Avengers are kept in manacles as it should be.
Then Iron Lad saves the day, not without discovering he is Kang himself

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Does the hypothetical box set include the Edward Norton Hulk film? I presume it would. That's the only thing I've ever been super bothered by when rewatching Marvel films. Recasted characters such as Rhodey, Banner, and I believe one of Thor's buddies was recast. That one wasn't as obvious or bothersome though. I know most all films with multiple sequels go through this at some point.
They included TIH in the Phase 1 box set, so I don't see why the wouldn't including it in a Infinity Saga box set.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Right now i have been getting the Phase 1, 2 and 3 part one bluray boxsets. So rounding off with Phase 3 Part 2 will be a great end for this saga for me

91fIE36exaL._SY679_.jpg
91s77fdvMCL._SY679_.jpg

816iCYCOg1L._SX522_.jpg

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does the hypothetical box set include the Edward Norton Hulk film? I presume it would. That's the only thing I've ever been super bothered by when rewatching Marvel films. Recasted characters such as Rhodey, Banner, and I believe one of Thor's buddies was recast. That one wasn't as obvious or bothersome though. I know most all films with multiple sequels go through this at some point.

Just you wait - it'll all make sense when the post credits scene of Endgame shows an incursion with the old actors playing their characters again for a brief moment.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine all the kids 20 years from now who just get wrapped up watching the Doom/ Phoenix/ Galactus saga and ask their parents "Who's this Captain America/ Thanos everyone is talking about?"

And then their parents smile wistfully, reach inside a dusty box and pull out the Infinity Saga Walmart special 4K set.

Hopefully the parents remembered to rewind the 4K UHD Blu-ray DVD.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a saga there wasnt much buildup. A couple after credits scenes, 1 minute in gotg, and a brief thor scene in age of ultron. Meh.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the FOX X-Men are being recast, no?

I don't think anyone has actually said either way what's happening. I mean it's not like Disney is buying the X-Men off Fox, it's a merger. Just because their properties are all under one roof doesn't necessarily mean anyone is getting recast.

Obviously there'll be some changes, but it's quite possible the cast of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix are still going to be the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants and that all that's happening is a soft reboot to bring them into the MCU and allow better people to direct and write their stories.

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine all the kids 20 years from now who just get wrapped up watching the Doom/ Phoenix/ Galactus saga and ask their parents "Who's this Captain America/ Thanos everyone is talking about?"

And then their parents smile wistfully, reach inside a dusty box and pull out the Infinity Saga Walmart special 4K set.

Kids are not gonna be watching DVDs. They'll just watch them all on Disney+

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I... don't see what's wrong with that lol. People clearly enjoy them, why are they an issue? They're harmless at worst, and actively helpful at best (e.g., Black Panther). If someone doesn't like them, they can proceed to ignore them and move on with their lives.
It's hard to do so when it's ingrained into every aspect of entertainment. Marvel is in toys, they're in movies, they're in TV shows, they're in videogames. That also goes for DC, those Batman games, all the TV shows, movies, etc. I was burnt out of superhero movies by like 2014-5 and you cannot get away from them

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think anyone has actually said either way what's happening. I mean it's not like Disney is buying the X-Men off Fox, it's a merger. Just because their properties are all under one roof doesn't necessarily mean anyone is getting recast.

Obviously there'll be some changes, but it's quite possible the cast of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix are still going to be the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants and that all that's happening is a soft reboot to bring them into the MCU and allow better people to direct and write their stories.

They haven't said but the chances of the X-men carrying over is basically zero. That FoXmen brand is basically poison now. Marvel will reboot it to avoid confusion from casual viewers.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
It's pretty lucky the cosmic cube was used in a way that allowed it to be retconned into the space stone.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to do so when it's ingrained into every aspect of entertainment. Marvel is in toys, they're in movies, they're in TV shows, they're in videogames. That also goes for DC, those Batman games, all the TV shows, movies, etc. I was burnt out of superhero movies by like 2014-5 and you cannot get away from them
Ignore them, it's not hard. the rest of us will keep enjoying it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's really sad how ever since the first Iron Man movie, every single movie, TV show, and video game has been about superheroes. Nothing else to watch or play.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be kinda cool if this was their structure going forward, though.

So you'd have...

The Infinity Saga with the Infinity Gems, the attempts of various enemies to use them for their own ends and the Big Bad collecting them all to wipe out half the universe. So you've got your central trilogy dealing specifically with the Big Bad, plus dozens of other movies throughout the saga dealing with hero stuff that ties into it.

And then over the next eleven years we get... The Cosmic Saga.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Marvel will keep on making Superhero movies until everyone dies. I hope people get over these movies soon. They were fun when a company released them once in a while like the Spiderman trilogy. But now every single production company and their mother are doing these stupid superhero movies
Superhero movies have always been around, just that they were always so bad no one really cared.

I hope people get over hoping people get over superhero movies. It's been like 6 years of "people will get tired of them, it's over saturated!" And yet these movies keep making records

A decade ago, Aquaman was a meme movie in Entourage and it performed even better. These movies aren't going anywhere.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Retroactively. Most of them outside of the power stone in guardians werent addressed as infinity stones. They were revealed to be later.
The Aether (along with the Tesseract) was officially named as an Infinity Stone in Thor: Dark World (the first place it showed up) and was in fact the first time the term was ever used. Same with the Mind Stone in Age of Ultron and the Time Stone in Dr. Strange.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Man if you think Superheroes are some omnipresent thing in entertainment you really need to expand how much entertainment media you enjoy.

Because it is really easy to ignore Superhero media thanks to the sheer volume of everything else.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
The Aether (along with the Tesseract) was officially named as an Infinity Stone in Thor: Dark World (the first place it showed up) and was in fact the first time the term was ever used. Same with the Mind Stone in Age of Ultron and the Time Stone in Dr. Strange.
No one will ever convince me that the script for Dark World wasn't already written and someone came in and said errr make that Aether thing an Infinity Stone we've had an idea, doesn't matter you made it a liquid.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I like them wrapping up the movies into a boxset. You have those movies, they exist as a collection, and you can approach new movies with less trepidation.

Hopefully then they won't feel a need to top themselves.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't said but the chances of the X-men carrying over is basically zero. That FoXmen brand is basically poison now. Marvel will reboot it to avoid confusion from casual viewers.

I really don't know. If you ask me, the only poison is Kinberg. Say you're sitting there deciding what to do with the X-Men going forward, do you really want to get rid of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Ryan Reynolds?

When you've got the opportunity to bring back Dafne Keen and Josh Brolin and not just integrate them into the X-Men but the MCU as a whole, do you really pass that up? Especially when you really don't want to replace Hugh Jackman? That's like the easiest out ever - who needs a Logan that people will be constantly comparing to Hugh Jackman when you can have X-23 that everyone loves already?

Sure Apocalypse sucked and Dark Phoenix seems to be even worse, but Fox nailed the casting for more than a few characters.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Will they scrap dark phoenix now?

Doubtful. They're already planning on releasing it soon so there really isn't any reason not to. Movie is shot and to the best of my knowledge ready for release. It really doesn't benefit Disney/Fox not to release it at this point. They really don't even have to advertise it, just try to recoup what they can. Also for all we know they may be obligated contractually to release it in at least some theaters.