• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Im a wizard

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2023
So let's say all the chips fall and Microsoft closes any time between now and Monday.

Is there still an FTC in house trial in August? And what would that look like?

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Clock's ticking. Must be a lot on standby right now, gears ready to spring into action as soon as we have a decision (or lack thereof) tonight. No matter what happens it'll be interesting to watch it unfold 👀

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
So let's say all the chips fall and Microsoft closes any time between now and Monday.

Is there still an FTC in house trial in August? And what would that look like?
If the FTC administrative hearing takes place and MS loses, MS can appeal, as I understand it, to federal court, where they'd likely win based on the law as it stands.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
While the PI trial and the Appeal isn't really based on the merits as far as I understand, I can't imagine it would help your future attempts at blocking the deal when you have failed bigly twice in a row.

wojciech

Jun 29, 2023

Just gotta keep spamming F5 here

It looks like Lulu hasn't tweeted or even been on Twitter since 11 PM last night (PT). There's no replies, tweets, or even recent likes on her profile. She must be busy 👀

Just to clarify - court listener only refreshes once someone with an access to PACER has downloaded a new document using Court Listener's thingy. So it's not a real time tool. CourtListener has last updated @ 3:17pm California time, while Pacer Monitor was updated 4 minutes ago. So it's probably better to check pacer monitor instead: https://www.pacermonitor.com/case/49587339/FTC_v_Microsoft_Corporation,_et_al

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Just to clarify - court listener only refreshes once someone with an access to PACER has downloaded a new document using Court Listener's thingy. So it's not a real time tool. CourtListener has last updated @ 3:17pm California time, while Pacer Monitor was updated 4 minutes ago. So it's probably better to check pacer monitor instead: https://www.pacermonitor.com/case/49587339/FTC_v_Microsoft_Corporation,_et_al
maaan i dont wanna sign up for a trial or pay for it though ill just wait for some journalist to tweet it out then :(

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I have the ATVI chart on screen to see if it suddenly starts moving. One more hour until the after-hours market closes. Up 0.4% from the regular day's close currently.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
So, I guess I'm just confused, I don't see why we have a countdown to midnight because I don't think MS is gonna close over the CMA given there's literally a CMC on the 17th. I think they're gonna bank on the emergency stay to be denied and just cleanly close with the new agreements with the CMA.

wojciech

Jun 29, 2023
maaan i dont wanna sign up for a trial or pay for it though ill just wait for some journalist to tweet it out then :(
No worries. I am paying those 15 cents per refresh every now and then to keep era up to date, but thankfully most of the time someone else (brokers?) pays on pacer monitor.

Speaking of - American capitalism and charging for access to public information.

So, I guess I'm just confused, I don't see why we have a countdown to midnight because I don't think MS is gonna close over the CMA given there's literally a CMC on the 17th. I think they're gonna bank on the emergency stay to be denied and just cleanly close with the new agreements with the CMA.

Because there's a tiny chance the 9th Circuit agrees with the FTC and kills the deal.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
No worries. I am paying those 15 cents per refresh every now and then to keep era up to date, but thankfully most of the time someone else (brokers?) pays on pacer monitor.

Speaking of - American capitalism and charging for access to public information.

Because there's a tiny chance the 9th Circuit agrees with the FTC and kills the deal.
15 cents per refresh??!?!?!

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
the countdown is for the ftc appeal

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
I can imagine FTC people spamming F5 furiously to get response from ninth circuit.

I think emergency motion will get denied or no response before 11:59pm tonight. 50+ pages of Judge's decision should be more than enough for judges to deny FTC's request.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
it's going to be a sad day when we have nothing else to talk about and we're forced to resort to cannibalism

sorry whats that

you think you can leave this thread when it's all over, when the ink is dry and the sale is final?

🤣🤣🤣
BEFORE this started going down I was reading more about video games than playing. My Achievement Score has taken a hit these last few months.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
15 cents per refresh??!?!?!
R.c4d5ec8d8de9939ac7a42f40e1f1b1c2

HERE WE GO!

The motion for injunctive relief (Docket Entry No. 21) is denied.
👀
ITS OVA (Docket entry no 21 was the emergency appeal the FTC filed yesterday)

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
The countdown is for the TRO expiration. There's also word by Tom Warren about the CMA issue being fixed but nothing will be made public or official until the TRO expires.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518