Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The EC considered GTA a shooter/battle royale game (page 89):

In any case, Battlefield or Far Cry as action/adventure games but no as shooters doesn't sound right...
That's bizarre. As I said, GTA straddles several of their genres and if I had to pick just one to describe it then it wouldn't be "shooter/battle royale", and how the hell is BF not in the shooter genre? It's literally described as a FPS by EA everywhere.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
im surprised they made a decision. was expecting another delay

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the CMA still had issues... I would imagine comity would start to be a big problem for the CMA if literally every other regulator approves.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
4bvvkU8.png

Jun 20, 2021
Hearing reports that Karl Urban I tervened to say it would be fucking diabolical if Kiwis got a lesser deal than the non-UK rest of the world.

MuricaBob

Jun 28, 2023
Wat, where's my drama??

More like New Zzzzzzland.

The finale is really puttering out. I feel like we'll just wake up one day to an approval tweet.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's go, CMA. You fucked up, are all alone in a large group and now it's time to take your medicine, look like the rubes you've been and approve the deal so we can all move on, hopefully without forcing things that will serve only to fuck over the xbox gamers in your country.

Oct 25, 2017
That's bizarre. As I said, GTA straddles several of their genres and if I had to pick just one to describe it then it wouldn't be "shooter/battle royale", and how the hell is BF not in the shooter genre? It's literally described as a FPS by EA everywhere.

I still remember when BF's return was meant to be the COD killer and it failed so hard that it's no longer in the same genre.

On a serious note, just highlights the incompetence of these regulators. If the EC had denied the merger, gamers would be clowning on them non-stop.