BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do you call this?

What do you think got all that started? And lol at demonizing Microsoft.
So stating a fact isn't insightful? It's not Phil divulging private conversations he's had with Jim. That's Jim trying to score points by making it seem like Phil's a liar or not being honest. Or can you not understand that? And Jim talking about Microsoft as if it was still the Microsoft of the 1990s was another attempt at scoring points and trying to make it look like the Microsoft of today is the same company that it was 30 years. Anyone with half a brain can tell you it isn't.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Since the announcement of the acquisition Microsoft has never intended to remove Call of Duty from the Playstation.

"But the goal was to make Sony think"

We know that Phil went public to say,
"I confirm our intention to honor all existing agreements following the acquisition of Activision Blizzard and our 'desire' to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation."

Microsoft has always had the goal of making Sony focus solely on Call of Duty.

Then we had CADE analyzing the transaction, we know how much Sony focused on the importance of Call of Duty, and Microsoft always said that even without "Call of Duty" Sony could survive.

And the fact that both CMA and the European Commission focus a lot on Call of Duty, strategy is working.

According to Dealreporter, on September 8, Jim Ryan visited the European Union headquarters to present the case against the settlement between Microsoft and Activision Blizzard.

Jim Ryan reported that Microsoft sent Sony a contract to keep the Call of Duty series for "another 3 years" on the PlayStation, Ryan stated that the sent contract is "inadequate on several levels".

The New York Times reported that on November 11, Microsoft offered Sony a "10-year" deal for Call of Duty on the PlayStation, which Sony appears to have denied.

The fact that Microsoft offered a 10-year contract to Sony
puts the company in a tricky situation. or Accept or Accept

If Sony refuses Microsoft can tell regulators that the company has offered a 10 year contract and is willing to accept the concession and still Sony doesn't want to accept it, Microsoft can then negotiate with regulators.

Microsoft's goal was never to remove Call of Duty from Playstation but to use it for concessions

Sony/Jim Ryan painted themselves into a bit of a corner by publicly saying the 3 year deal was inadequate. Now we have a 10 year deal and now all of a sudden he hasn't said a word. Except that now he just wants the entire deal blocked even though he has nothing to stand on.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Why does your fanfic assume regulators wouldn't see Sony refusing a 10 year guarantee from Microsoft as Sony simply maintaining their position that removal of CoD under any time window is problematic?

If Microsoft is committed to keeping CoD on Playstation why would Sony agree to any kind of term? That simply bakes in an industry palletable non-concession into MS' negotations with regulators.

Sony has successfully made CoD a specific talking point for regulators and done so beyond it being on Playstation, expanding that conversation to include relative quality between the console versions, the secondary content pipeline for the game and potential for it to release on GamePass day one. This from a third party to the acquisition who has had very limited opportunity to provide comment. That has resulted in the three most important regulatory agencies all taking an expanded look, the biggest rumored to plan a suit to block, and Microsoft reportedly offering additional concessions.

Doesn't really sound like some 4D chess by MS here...
I'm not exactly sure that is a good thing. While I don't believe that MS is playing 4D chess here, I do believe that Sony being so hyperfocused on Call of Duty is ultimately going to be seen as a net positive to Microsoft in the end. While Microsoft continues to dangle the keys of Call of Duty upfront, behind them is King, Blizzard, and the entire ABK catalog (both current and upcoming) boarding the bus through the back door.

I've always believed that if push came to shove, Call of Duty was always going to be used as the sacrificial lamb to get this deal through. So far, that looks to be the case.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How does this shake out if Sony agree to a 10 year CoD deal and then Microsoft decide that CoD isn't coming out as a single title anymore or the "BASE" Call of Duty is just a campaign and team death match. Warzone becomes a stand alone entity, DMZ too.

Sony technically get Call of Duty but the dominant experience is PC/Xbox. Do Sony go to court? Can the FTC step in and reverse a ruling?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
How does this shake out if Sony agree to a 10 year CoD deal and then Microsoft decide that CoD isn't coming out as a single title anymore or the "BASE" Call of Duty is just a campaign and team death match. Warzone becomes a stand alone entity, DMZ too.

Sony technically get Call of Duty but the dominant experience is PC/Xbox. Do Sony go to court? Can the FTC step in and reverse a ruling?
What? They would still get call of duty in that case?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They get Call of Duty but they don't get the meat of it. If MS decide that call of duty is big enough to piece meal then the whole landscape of call of duty changes
The 10 year agreement wouldnt be 10 years of yearly releases. It would be new call of duty content. Its always been feature/content parity for the term

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

IF they make a deal, I don't see how Sony even has the leverage to mandate 10 years and keep pumping out CoD each year.

Jan 27, 2022
They get Call of Duty but they don't get the meat of it. If MS decide that call of duty is big enough to piece meal then the whole landscape of call of duty changes
The deal would be written in a way to avoid circumvention in this way. Likely that any meaningful gaming content that comes to Xbox must also come to Playstation with parity for the duration of the 10 years.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 10 year agreement wouldnt be 10 years of yearly releases. It would be new call of duty content. Its always been feature/content parity for the term
Right but what constitues "Call of Duty" and how granula can you push this. If in theory Microsoft just said "Warzone" is now too big so it's going to be a stand alone F2P and drop the Call of Duty branding so it's just officially called "Warzone" and it shipped as Warzone+DMZ and Call of Duty was a back to basics PvP and Campaign experience then what happens now. Because you have Warzone which is massive and now detatched from the brand of Call of Duty and it's driving players to a platform that isn't playstation then what?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Right but what constitues "Call of Duty" and how granula can you push this. If in theory Microsoft just said "Warzone" is now too big so it's going to be a stand alone F2P and drop the Call of Duty branding so it's just officially called "Warzone" and it shipped as Warzone+DMZ and Call of Duty was a back to basics PvP and Campaign experience then what happens now. Because you have Warzone which is massive and now detatched from the brand of Call of Duty and it's driving players to a platform that isn't playstation then what?
Then that would be an obvious breach of the contract. Its just not going to happen where they decouple the brand from the games for reasons to circumvent the contract and make it exclusive. Thats a double whammy at destroying your goodwill and player base

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Then that would be an obvious breach of the contract. Its just not going to happen where they decouple the brand from the games for reasons to circumvent the contract and make it exclusive. Thats a double whammy at destroying your goodwill and player base

Not to mention, they'd absolutely piss off regulators, and I'm 120% sure Microsoft wants to continue to be able to acquire companies across many industries into the future.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And to be clear I do think MS fully believe that keeping CoD on sony platforms is the best choice financially because it's one of the biggest selling games in the world. I'm more so just curious. If it truly is Feature parity then that seems like an incredibly tricky hill to navigate. Can you do Game Pass perks? Early DLC access ? By how long? what if it's a map pack that will come to playstation but in 8 months when the game is winding down into the next title and the player count is dropping. A gun skin, an in game event for Xbox anniversary? Cross over content with Halo or Gears.

There's a lot of situations that can lead to difficulties in this. If Sony reject having a Halo Marine skin in their game how does that shake out if they say well the game content is different now?

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There's a lot of situations that can lead to difficulties in this. If Sony reject having a Halo Marine skin in their game how does that shake out if they say well the game content is different now?

I'd imagine that's the contract would be written loosely enough to account for situations where Sony says "no". Like it's not going to be written saying "You must always put CoD in PlayStation to release on Xbox." that would be an absolutely braindead contract for regulators to make. Instead they'd say that you have to offer a port to Sony. That way Microsoft can still use the IP, and nobody has to worry about situations where an unrelated third party says no.

Because keep in mind. Sony here does not matter. The Regulators arent forcing Sony to agree to anything. Just Microsoft. You can't force someone to sign a contract saying some unrelated third party has to do something, because that third party gets to make their own decisions. That would be an invalid contract.

So in this case, Microsoft offers the content. Sony says no, Microsoft has already fulfilled their contractual obligations and can go ahead with their content.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
And to be clear I do think MS fully believe that keeping CoD on sony platforms is the best choice financially because it's one of the biggest selling games in the world. I'm more so just curious. If it truly is Feature parity then that seems like an incredibly tricky hill to navigate. Can you do Game Pass perks? Early DLC access ? By how long? what if it's a map pack that will come to playstation but in 8 months when the game is winding down into the next title and the player count is dropping. A gun skin, an in game event for Xbox anniversary? Cross over content with Halo or Gears.

Depends on how its agreed to. I wouldnt consider early access or perks (provided theyre accessible elsewhere like the shop or progression) as extra features. Those are like marketing tools. Exclusive skins and loadouts and operators like PS may be a no no. Or features may be defined as stuff like maps, modes, and gameplay content not cosmetics. Who knows.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Remember as well that MS making less CoD means the devalue effect is net neutral. Raven skipping a yearly CoD to make Hexen means MS loses the value between the two IPs and some other game fills the market gap on PS.

Reducing CoD output or whatever is fairly equal in its positive/negative market impact. And rebranding the series to Modern Warfare or BLOPS or whatever without abiding by contract wouldn't fly. Just like Sony turning around and saying "All Activision games must give us 70% and they get 30%" wouldn't. Good faith contract stipulations is for this point.

Matic

Oct 25, 2017
So stating a fact isn't insightful? It's not Phil divulging private conversations he's had with Jim. That's Jim trying to score points by making it seem like Phil's a liar or not being honest. Or can you not understand that? And Jim talking about Microsoft as if it was still the Microsoft of the 1990s was another attempt at scoring points and trying to make it look like the Microsoft of today is the same company that it was 30 years. Anyone with half a brain can tell you it isn't.

I believe that poster is referring to how Phil came out publicly first speaking of it and didn't tell the whole truth…

"I hadn't intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum.

"Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft's proposal undermines this principle."

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
This thread is hilarious on a multitude of different fronts. The psycho analysis of CEOs… the armchair consulting… the fanfiction written from the narrowest of perspectives. This thread really has people living a corporate fantasy. One thing is for sure, this thread is certainly entertaining.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not exactly sure that is a good thing. While I don't believe that MS is playing 4D chess here, I do believe that Sony being so hyperfocused on Call of Duty is ultimately going to be seen as a net positive to Microsoft in the end. While Microsoft continues to dangle the keys of Call of Duty upfront, behind them is King, Blizzard, and the entire ABK catalog (both current and upcoming) boarding the bus through the back door.

I've always believed that if push came to shove, Call of Duty was always going to be used as the sacrificial lamb to get this deal through. So far, that looks to be the case.
It isn't a sacrificial lamb though. The IP's biggest value to MS is as a multiplat that comes to GamePass day one and maybe gets Xbox exclusive/timed content.

Taking it completely off PS, especially mid-gen when tens of millions of people own Playstations, just diminishes CoD's net significance while creating a massive vacuum for a new title to fill. Microsoft's biggest benefit is having Xbox be the best place to play CoD, not the only place to play CoD.

Sony knows this, but CoD is the only argument they have. King has basically zero business impact on Sony. Blizzard is a very small number on Sony's balance sheet and far more significant on PC and mobile, where Sony has only just recently even treated that like a viable market for their own titles.

The optimal outcome for Sony is limitations on how MS can differentiate CoD from Playstation, not a promise of receiving CoD on playstation. That means limitations on GamePass and exclusive or timed content. Which is exactly the thing MS doesn't want, because that is the biggest bang for buck they'll get from CoD.

From a regulatory standpoint the valid points of contention, in my opinion, would be MS' ability to utilize ABK's portfolio, specifically King and Blizzard IPs, to build an early advantage in cloud that no one would be able to complete with. MS argues in their filings that cloud gaming is still in its infancy but when Nadella and Spencer both tout XCloud, etc. as a key developmental feature and are spending significant amounts of money and PR time building it the current state of the market should be seen as a secondary consideration.

That argument is rather dubious for Sony as they're the second best positioned entity for that market and had early technology/services there years before MS and failed to develop it, so the best they can argue is that the market will only develop with companies like MS fostering it, which puts regulators in a catch 22 - a market that can only develop via a trillion dollar company monopolizing it in its infancy doesn't really fit any kind of regulatory model. This leaves Sony with only really CoD to paint a clear narrative around, which they've done pretty successfully.

I doubt it'll matter much ultimately but even getting this into contention with regulators v. what has been approved in the past 5 years is a win for them.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe that poster is referring to how Phil came out publicly first speaking of it and didn't tell the whole truth…

"I hadn't intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum.

"Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft's proposal undermines this principle."
Phil never said who he talked to or how long the timeframe was for. If Sony had a problem with it, then I'm they mentioned it to Microsoft at the time and then also had the opportunity to bring it up to regulators.

The problem is Jim put everything out there in the public for the express purpose of trying to make Phil and Microsoft look dishonest. Knowing that he could've told regulators the exact same thing, why else would he choose to go into the details of their personal conversation? No other industry executives do things like that because they're meant to stay private.

Saying you had a conversation with a company and offered them something isn't the same thing as saying who you talked to and what the terms were. And that goes for any industry.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
it is absolutely ridiculous and it feels like people are hellbent on tying events to some sort of grand drama like real life works like their favorite true crime drama.

Microsoft will position themselves to get an outcome that works in their favor.
Sony will position themselves to get an outcome that works in their favor.
Either companies "promises" or "word" means shit without legal paperwork to back it up.
Regulators will ultimately Decide.
I mean that's what makes discussing this deal fun. Regardless of the result it will have zero impact on anyone's lives so there's no real stakes, it's just some funny posturing between two gigantic companies to make themselves look like the real underdogs.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Phil never said who he talked to or how long the timeframe was for. If Sony had a problem with it, then I'm they mentioned it to Microsoft at the time and then also had the opportunity to bring it up to regulators.

The problem is Jim put everything out there in the public for the express purpose of trying to make Phil and Microsoft look dishonest. Knowing that he could've told regulators the exact same thing, why else would he choose to go into the details of their personal conversation? No other industry executives do things like that because they're meant to stay private.

Saying you had a conversation with a company and offered them something isn't the same thing as saying who you talked to and what the terms were. And that goes for any industry.

It is funny how he is like I didn't want to come out in public but my gosh darn hand was forced by Phil Spencer! makes me think it got personal to him.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
The deal would be written in a way to avoid circumvention in this way. Likely that any meaningful gaming content that comes to Xbox must also come to Playstation with parity for the duration of the 10 years.

Slightly related but in the UK Sky TV have always used fact they own TV stations and a TV platform to pull shit, restricting access to their stations etc. About 10/15 years ago regulators finally got pissed off and made them sell some channels wholesale at a fair market price to anyone. This included Sky One a general entertainment station that showed all the big shows from the US.

So basically they started a new station called Sky Atlantic and put all they shows their instead. To this day that station is only available through them so a lot of big US shows like GoT are cut off from non Sky customers in the UK.

OP
OP
Idas

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022

The article has a good amount of new info:

Microsoft Corp. is ready to fight for its $69 billion acquisition of gaming company Activision Blizzard Inc. if the US Federal Trade Commission files a lawsuit seeking to block the deal, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The Xbox maker hasn't had conversations with the FTC about remedies or concessions aimed at getting the deal approved, said the person, who asked not to be identified discussing a confidential matter. FTC staff is wrapping up its investigation and is expected to make a recommendation soon, the person added. The FTC commissioners would then vote on whether to file a case.

In the event the FTC tries to block the case, Microsoft is gearing up to contest that decision in court, said the person, who asked not to be identified speaking about internal strategy.

Microsoft has offered Sony a deal in which it would make Call of Duty games available on the PlayStation for a decade, although the companies would need to work out financial terms for that agreement, the person said.

The software giant has advised regulators of those discussions, but hasn't formally made a remedy proposal because the review process hasn't advanced to that stage, the person said.

Because of the different stages of the various probes around the world, Microsoft is likely to discuss this step first with the European Commission, which has set a March 23 (wrong date, April 11th) deadline to complete its in-depth review of the deal.

Microsoft is hoping the remedies it offers the EU will suffice globally, the person said. It's possible that UK regulators could want additional steps from the company, however.

Microsoft and the CMA will both appear at a main party hearing in mid-December, a part of the UK merger process that will allow them to hash out and test the parties arguments. An interim decision by the agency is expected by January and the deadline for the full decision is March.

December is going to be fun!

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

This is ridiculous.

Microsoft did not have to disclose what they spoke to Sony about. Phil brought it into the public sphere, Jim rebutted his portrayal of the discussion and proposal.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Slightly related but in the UK Sky TV have always used fact they own TV stations and a TV platform to pull shit, restricting access to their stations etc. About 10/15 years ago regulators finally got pissed off and made them sell some channels wholesale at a fair market price to anyone. This included Sky One a general entertainment station that showed all the big shows from the US.

So basically they started a new station called Sky Atlantic and put all they shows their instead. To this day that station is only available through them so a lot of big US shows like GoT are cut off from non Sky customers in the UK.
Well, nowadays you can just sub to Now TV to watch those shows as you would Netflix or any other service to watch theirs. But yes when Sky Atlantic first launched you had to invest in a complete Sky service just to get the channel and its shows.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Well, nowadays you can just sub to Now TV to watch those shows as you would Netflix or any other service to watch theirs. But yes when Sky Atlantic first launched you had to invest in a complete Sky service just to get the channel and its shows.
Yeah but you can't get them on Virgin for example. Which was the main issue in the first place. Anyway the main point is regulators did fuck all about it and have allowed them to do whatever they want since. It did them no harm whatsoever.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah but you can't get them on Virgin for example. Which was the main issue in the first place. Anyway the main point is regulators did fuck all about it and have allowed them to do whatever they want since. It did them no harm whatsoever.
Yeah I get it.

If I were MS, I'd be working on a "From the makers of Call of Duty.." new IP to easily get around any loophole as a result of CoD concessions. It's a no-brainer right, but surely regulators can see that one coming.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is ridiculous.

Microsoft did not have to disclose what they spoke to Sony about. Phil brought it into the public sphere, Jim rebutted his portrayal of the discussion and proposal.
There's absolutely nothing ridiculous about Phil saying he's talked to Sony. We already knew he reached out the day they announced the acquisition. What's ridiculous is Jim Ryan revealing the details of those conversations and acting like he was forced to testify.

People in every industry talk to each other all the time. The details of those calls usually stay private. That's the proper etiquette and Jim Ryan knows it. You couldn't have his job title and not know that. Still, he chose to put it out there for a reason. It wasn't an accident, so you have to ask why would he.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I get it.

If I were MS, I'd be working on a "From the makers of Call of Duty.." new IP to easily get around any loophole as a result of CoD concessions. It's a no-brainer right, but surely regulators can see that one coming.
I see any concession being any CoD has to be on PS for X years. No content unavailable and launches at same time for same price. Spin offs won't be included imo. It's already stupid without making it moreso.

MS aren't going to remove the game anyway and spinoffs would be on PS as well, same as Minecraft ones are. It's not really about all this, Sony aren't happy with having CoD the way Xbox has Cod.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
There's absolutely nothing ridiculous about Phil saying he's talked to Sony. We already knew he reached out the day they announced the acquisition. What's ridiculous is Jim Ryan revealing the details of those conversations and acting like he was forced to testify.

People in every industry talk to each other all the time. The details of those calls usually stay private. That's the proper etiquette and Jim Ryan knows it. You couldn't have his job title and not know that. Still, he chose to put it out there for a reason. It wasn't an accident, so you have to ask why would he.
Phil brought up the conversations that he had with Sony. Sony did not agree with his characterization of the discussions and released a statement summarizing their perspective of the discussion.

To be upset that Sony felt it necessary to clarify that they did not agree with Phil's assessment of the talks is a really bizarre aspect to be hung up on.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
I see any concession being any CoD has to be on PS for X years. No content unavailable and launches at same time for same price. Spin offs won't be included imo. It's already stupid without making it moreso.

MS aren't going to remove the game anyway and spinoffs would be on PS as well, same as Minecraft ones are. It's not really about all this, Sony aren't happy with having CoD the way Xbox has Cod.
It's not like Microsoft would charge 60 on Xbox and 70 on playstation...it would be consistent on both.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm kinda feeling confident this deal will go through. Surprised the FTC hasn't even decided if they wanna sue also that mid Dec CMA meeting will be interesting. MS was smart to come up with a 10 year proposal.
It's basically all down to the CMA. If CMA blocks it's dead. If CMA approves it probably goes through. I still think CMA is going to block, seeing as they have a low approval rate for things that get to phase 2.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phil brought up the conversations that he had with Sony. Sony did not agree with his characterization of the discussions and released a statement summarizing their perspective of the discussion.

To be upset that Sony felt it necessary to clarify that they did not agree with Phil's assessment of the talks is a really bizarre aspect to be hung up on.
Right. And rather than just saying they disagreed with his assessment of the call to regulators or the public, Jim Ryan decided to mention Phil Spencer by name and then disclosed the details of that private call. That's the problem. There's an implied sense of confidentiality when you're talking to someone. Jim Ryan apparently disagrees.

Imagine talking to a co-worker about your boss and then they tell everyone what you said. Same deal. The only reason someone would do that is because they're either clueless or they want to make the other person look bad.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I get it.

Well there is rumor that IW is working on a new open-world RPG, so your "From the makers of Call of Duty..." dream isn't too far off :).

Source: https://gamerant.com/rumor-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-developer-infinity-ward-open-world-rpg/

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Right. And rather than just saying they disagreed with his assessment of the call to regulators or the public, Jim Ryan decided to mention Phil Spencer by name and then disclosed the details of that private call. That's the problem. There's an implied sense of confidentiality when you're talking to someone. Jim Ryan apparently disagrees.

Imagine talking to a co-worker about your boss and then they tell everyone what you said. Same deal. The only reason someone would do that is because they're either clueless or they want to make the other person look bad.
He mentioned him by name…because he was addressing a statement made by Phil Spencer? This is not remotely similar to your example.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
This thread is hilarious on a multitude of different fronts. The psycho analysis of CEOs… the armchair consulting… the fanfiction written from the narrowest of perspectives. This thread really has people living a corporate fantasy. One thing is for sure, this thread is certainly entertaining.
It's going to be interesting to read this stuff in a few months when it all ends. But also, I don't think it's embarrassing or anything for the most part. It's one of the biggest things to ever happen in our industry, and it's super interesting to talk about and theorize. Ultimately, neither Sony nor Microsoft are our friends or doing what's best for us. Neither are Phil Spencer (even if he's very well media trained) and Jim Ryan. As long as we keep that in mind, I find it very fun to discuss and see what others are saying.